The first quarter of the season sets us up for split...

I'll be surprised if we win one of those games, to be honest.

The Chiefs and the Raiders are about equal to us, if not better. The Bengals are probably too, but possibly worse. The Patriots are obviously about 100x better than us.

I predict 0-4

I realistically hope 2-2

I optimistically hope 3-1

I'm hoping that Chan can pull a rabbit out of his hat in week one: some sort of trick that he hasn't wanted to show. The Chiefs aren't pushovers, but they are entirely beatable.

Oakland: I honestly don't know about that. Also beatable, but I can't make a call on this now.

Pats: If were are going to beat them, this is the time to do it. Sadly, I really don't think that we can this season. Even at home, evern with Brady aging and the Pats weakening I highly doubt that we are going to walk away from this one.

Cincy: I think out of any game this year, is there is one where we have the best odds to win I have to go with this one.

So, in my mind I would say worst case scenario: 1-3, Best case: 3-1, most likely: 2-2.

Imho, I just can't call it. I think everything is riding on the oline. I see us beating all of them if we can run the ball. And of course key players have to stay healthy.

However, I don't look past any team. Remember there is a saying...."any given Sunday"

When the bills do play the pats, eagles, sd, jets, ect, that will apply to us. Any of these outcomes are possible, but if I had to judge the team on what I see right now......1-3

3 of these have a lot in common- question marks at qb and physical running games. These are two of the things we need to assess about our own team. We have an average qb and hopefully with Jackson an ability to run.

If you throw the pats game out the window-

I think we should beat cincy. Rookie qb gives us an advantage at the most important spot on the field.

Oakland I put us even, maybe even 60-40 us. Slightly ahead at qb, slightly behind running. Won't be a gimme but I'd say it should be a good benchmark for us, as a team in transition.

Kc- probably a slightly better qb for them, slightly better backs, in there house. Dysfunctional locker room though and we should have a healthy team. I'd say 50-50 or maybe 60-40 them based on homefield and a little more momentum. Very competitive. they are trending down right now though.... But it's also just camp.

Probability wise I'd put us a shade below 2. That could sway some but id call 2 our benchmark.

Edited by NoSaint

Not sure why some people think Oakland is such a winnable game. They were an eight-win team last year. Even a Russell-led Raiders team nearly beat the Bills in Buffalo a few years ago. I'm thinking 1-3, since the Bengals haven't beaten the Bills in more than 20 years. 2-2 is a success.

They won. 8 games last year....then they lost the best player the Franchise has had in 20 years and their all pro TE (leading receiver every year). I'd love to wager that they will not win 8 games this year. Home opener gives us a good chance vs a team like oak.