Positive 11' Bills Discussion

eme123

I know that the GMs get the credit and the blame because they pull the trigger in the draft,but they do so with the info gathered by the scouting department.

I believe that one of the reasons we have drafted so poorly for a while now is because of a poor scouting department.

I believe Nix figured this out and completely revamped this department.

I have very high hopes that going forward we will have our best drafts in years and years.

If that isn't a positive,I don't know what is.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really think the new kickoff rule is going to help teams like Buffalo. My theory is that scoring drives will need to be longer, so overall scoring will be lower (more field goals and fewer touchdowns). If the Bills defense is really improved, then I can see us keeping games close and possibly win some of the close games that we lost last year.

I really think the new kickoff rule is going to help teams like Buffalo. My theory is that scoring drives will need to be longer, so overall scoring will be lower (more field goals and fewer touchdowns). If the Bills defense is really improved, then I can see us keeping games close and possibly win some of the close games that we lost last year.

But on the other hand, we have some of the most dynamic kick returners in the league (Brad Smith, Spiller, McKelvin, Roscoe). This rule basically neutralizes them from that aspect

One thing I would point out is playmakers, we have some (as compared to 2 or 3) for the first time in years. Start with D and yeah Williams, Darius, Merrimen, Barnett (who should make contributions), maybe Byrd will light up more again now that he has the system down more and better players in front of him. I like some of the prospects at LB and Dline and our 2nd pick looks like he will get good faster than Mc Kelvin.

On offense we have Smith, Freddy, Jackson,(3 playmakers, at least) hopefully CJ will make a step up and the rest of our no name wrs (and losing Lee won't be considered a blunder). The line is a bit worrisome I admit but give it time and we'll go from there. Still hoping for the best.

Hopefully this thread doesn't spiral out of control, I really like the idea of it.

Some positives I believe the Bills will experience this year:

-Dareus will become a stud on the DL and will prove that he should have been the first overall pick.

-Troup looks to be much improved and more motivated that last season. I think he becomes a solid NT and frees up KW and Dareus on the outside.

-Barnett was a great signing. A really instinctive player that understands the game and is all over the field.

-Spiller will prove that he was worth the 9th pick and start showing he is the playmaker we all know he can be.

-Brad Smith was a great signing as well and I believe that he will add incredible diversity to our offense.

-Stevie Johnson will step up and prove he is a number 1 WR and continue to put up great numbers.

I do not think we will be as bad as last year, however I don't believe we will get to a .500 record. The biggest thing we need to do this year is prove that our run D is no longer a sieve and can hold its own in the NFL.

GO BILLS!!!

I like Chandler at tight end. It seems as though he is becoming a comfortable target for Fitzpatrick. I'm not sure about his blocking abilities but spending time behind Jason Witten in Dallas couldn't have hurt.

> I think the defense will be infinitely more effective and entertaining than it has been in a long while.

> Stevie Johnson already seems to be playing with more focus and self-control than he has at any point.

> Andra Davis looks quicker than he was last year

> Brad Smith has a history of making a lot of plays in a lot of different situations

> While Bell looks painfully slow for a LT, I wonder if he'd be less of a liability on the right side; possibly putting the Bills just 1 player away from a serviceable OLine.

I think we will run the ball better than we have in years.

I think we will see some crazy Brad Smith wildcat packages that should be entertaining

I think Dareus will be a lot of fun to watch.

Merriman too if he can stay healthy. 2 sacks in 2 plays against the Bears warmed my heart.

This is make or break for Fitz. If he is good we will be better, if he sucks we'll get Andrew Luck.

And the new unis look damn good.

The schedule opens fairly easy. We'll know right away where we are going.

Dareus.

Honestly, he is looking like the best Bills draft pick since Bruce Smith.

Agreed. Now for the negative. If Dareus turns into the next Bruce Smith, I highly doubt the Bills will be able to re-sign him.

Players who have brung it so far in pre season. Not in any particular order.

1. Darius.

2. Wilson

3. Byrd

4. Corner (Except that one blown coverage)

5. Florence

7. Troupe

8. Carrington

9. Herd

10. Merriman

11. Battan

12. Wood

13. Levitre

14. Johnson

15. Spiller

16. Jackson

That's all I can think of for now, and of course the kickers are playing well..

All these guys should start, IMO.

Tim-

Agreed. Now for the negative. If Dareus turns into the next Bruce Smith, I highly doubt the Bills will be able to re-sign him.

when his rookie contract is up, we will have to spend to the salary floor. because we have so much cap space this season, and im guessing we will next season, it's not inconceivable that players like dareus, johnson, spiller (if he reaches his potential) et. al will receive monster contracts from us.

gonna feel like the 90s again if we get a good qb, with our big name players staying put.

Lets start a positive discussion about the 11' Bills. We all know there are some negatives to talk about which are included in every other thread on this board. So if you can't handle a glass half full mentality (Winners Mentality) then don't bother posting.

I'm going to start a confrontation and say that I'm feeling positive about the recent changes on the O-Line. The Bills obviously feel pretty strong about the development of Chad Rhinehart which frees up a very versatile Levitre. Levitre has alot of experience at LT and will likely give Bell some hefty competition at that spot. If it wasn't for his short arms he would be a LT in the NFL already. Pears has looked serviceable at RT in the pre season so far and has been quiet. Quiet on the O-line is a good thing. Urbik started out this pre season terrible and has showed some improvement. Wood is nice and stiff in the middle.

One reason i see this O-line getting alot better is the competition they have going in practice every day. Competition for starting spots all over the line such as Bell vs. Levitre, Levitre vs. Rhinehart, Hangartner vs. Urbik. Every day this o-line has to deal with a bigger, stronger, and heavier defense. I really think this will help them improve leverage. Also, going up against talents like Kyle Williams, Dareus, Merriman will make them better with their hands.

What do you guys have thats positive about the 11' Bills??

I think 11' bills would kick ass! They would make great receivers in the red zone, and could probably block some kicks!

I have to dispute your assertion that Levitre can play LT. Haven't you heard? He's a god damned T-Rex!

post-12113-010410200 1314207122_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erik Flowers