People act like Brad Smith is some kind of dummy.

#34fan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! Wow SJ! You were the LAST person I expected that from. -Prejudice much? Btw, I could care less what he's paid, or what he's listed as. I only care about progress and WINS. I see a star in Brad Smith. -A real playmaker. Exactly what I DIDN'T see in Trent, and NEVER saw in Fitz.

This entire thread started like a car going up the the exit ramp to get on the highway, and only got crazier from there . . . the ghost of Fitzgerald comes back to haunt the board again.

Edited by CSBill

This entire thread started like a car going up the the exit ramp to get on the highway, and only got crazier from there . . . the ghost of Fitzgerald comes back to haunt the board again.

The ghost of Fitzgibbons kicked the ghost of Fitzgerald's ass.

All I wanted was for people to re-examine the way they view a guy like Brad Smith. He may pick up a DUI tonight and prove me wrong, or get a domestic violence charge, or knock-up a stripper. Nobody's perfect. Still his body of work indicates that he's capable of much more than Chan and his staff may be grooming him for.

All I wanted was for people to re-examine the way they view a guy like Brad Smith. He may pick up a DUI tonight and prove me wrong, or get a domestic violence charge, or knock-up a stripper. Nobody's perfect. Still his body of work indicates that he's capable of much more than Chan and his staff may be grooming him for.

You spent 3 pages of a thread arguing for a point that no one was arguing against. So thank you for the soliloquy.

Ha! Wow SJ! You were the LAST person I expected that from. -Prejudice much? Btw, I could care less what he's paid, or what he's listed as. I only care about progress and WINS. I see a star in Brad Smith. -A real playmaker. Exactly what I DIDN'T see in Trent, and NEVER saw in Fitz.

C'mon 34… you don't REALLY think…

C'mon 34… you don't REALLY think…

-That Fitz is overrated? I most certainly do. I, for one, am ready for a little departure. There's no reason why our offense has to be patterned after every team in this division. -We're not the Pats. We're not the Jets. Does the Eagles offense look like the Giants offense? Nope. Unlike us, Philly plays to their strengths instead of trying to look like everyone else. The sad truth is that despite a decade of sucking, we haven't amassed the talent. Still, with a QB like Smith under center, we can do things that others can't. Wanna blitz? -You sure? By the time you get into the backfield Brad Smith could be long gone. -Or he could have flicked a quick slant to Namaan. First down! That's what this game is about. -Moving the frickin' chains.

Some offensive line shuffling after 2 preseason losses and the posts just keep getting wackier. I think I'm going to have to sign off of TBD for a few days because it's nearly impossible to find anything worth discussing.

:lol:

Don't forget the other half of the posters who want Tyler Thigpin as the starter... because he was decent against Denver's 3rd stringers. That team had the very worst defense in the NFL last year, I gotta think that 3rd string bunch has gotta be pretty bad.

Honestly, I'm all for Brad Smith as QB, it will save Fitz from a horrific pounding this season. I would root for that if I didn't know that Fitz really wants to be a starter going into the season, poor guy.

LOL… let's try this again.

You don't really think…

What, that Chan wears a white hood with a charging buffalo on it? SJ, I honestly could care less. Perhaps I'm taking my mistrust of Gailey and his ilk, a bit too far. Anyway, everyone is pretty well behaved on this board. I think it's in everyone's best interest to keep it that way.

-That Fitz is overrated? I most certainly do. I, for one, am ready for a little departure. There's no reason why our offense has to be patterned after every team in this division. -We're not the Pats. We're not the Jets. Does the Eagles offense look like the Giants offense? Nope. Unlike us, Philly plays to their strengths instead of trying to look like everyone else. The sad truth is that despite a decade of sucking, we haven't amassed the talent. Still, with a QB like Smith under center, we can do things that others can't. Wanna blitz? -You sure? By the time you get into the backfield Brad Smith could be long gone. -Or he could have flicked a quick slant to Namaan. First down! That's what this game is about. -Moving the frickin' chains.

I am going to be that guy, mostly because there is no reason to really respond to the intended discussion, but what in the world are the hyphens for in front of some of these sentences? I've seen all sorts of crazy grammar on here, but I just couldn't leave this one alone.

Edited by Marcellosaurus

What, that Chan wears a white hood with a charging buffalo on it? SJ, I honestly could care less. Perhaps I'm taking my mistrust of Gailey and his ilk, a bit too far. Anyway, everyone is pretty well behaved on this board. I think it's in everyone's best interest to keep it that way.

Geez man. Wake up

That damn chan gailey, if only he had a history of starting black qbs, then id be able to disprove this idiotic premise...oh wait....reggie ball, and kordell stewart say hi. STFU, southern does not equal racist, douchebag.

I'm kidding with SJ. I lived in the deep south for many years. Coming from upstate N.Y. It was a culture shock, but I wouldn't accuse every southerner of being like that. I was specifically targeting the southern gentry. (upper class) -C'mon, their accents don't help. All I accused Chan of was being backwards in terms of his expectations from Smith. I think that his background, as well as his football experience might have something to do with that.

That damn chan gailey, if only he had a history of starting black qbs, then id be able to disprove this idiotic premise...oh wait....reggie ball, and kordell stewart say hi. STFU, southern does not equal racist, douchebag.

Here's what's interesting about your post... In his first season as a true Starter, Kordell led the Steelers to an 11-5 record and an AFC Championship game. Thats AFTER Chan stopped wasting his talent as some kind of gimmick QB. Kordell was pretty good QB. I think that with time, Brad Smith can be even BETTER.

Edited by #34fan

I'm kidding with SJ. I lived in the deep south for many years. Coming from upstate N.Y. It was a culture shock, but I wouldn't accuse every southerner of being like that. I was specifically targeting the southern gentry. (upper class) -C'mon, their accents don't help. All I accused Chan of was being backwards in terms of his expectations from Smith. I think that his background, as well as his football experience might have something to do with that.

Accents don't help? There are a lot of NFL coaches and GMs that don't have accents and still don't want Brad Smith as their starting QB. Let's remember that Smith chose to come to Buffalo because, everything considered, he liked what we offered. As far as we know, no one offered him a chance to compete for a starting QB position. Apparently, none of the NFL's experienced/professional talent evaluators see his QB skills at that level.

That said, he is a tremendous athlete, a class act, and apparently quite bright.

Amazing that a post that begins with a false premise (People act like Br. Smith is some kind of dummy) would generate 3 pages (and going) of responses. It's good though someone is championing Smith because he seems like a guy who deserves fans.

This guy's value with the Jets was as one of best KO returners and also as wild cat guy, nothing else. Now that KO's are useless basically, he will be as our wild cat guy and WR i believe. He never really threw much out of wildcat for Jets as I saw most of their games, but was athreat because he was a college QB. Did anyone see his mechanics throwing the ball?? Not great from what I have seen.

Thank you for packing your carpet bag & heading back north. I doubt anyone will miss you.