Trade McKelvin to the Giants

1B4IDie

McKelvin for Prince Amukamara, We can take the IR spot for 2011 - In the long run this trade works for the Bills (and a complete dream no way the Giants do that)

McKelvin - James Brewer T and a 2012 4th.

I hate these type of speculation trade threads but the point is, it seems like it could be a good fit and he is clearly not a good fit in Buffalo.

The giants are down at least 3 CBs so far and its going to come down to them and the Eagles for the NFC East.

They're trying to make a run at it in 2011 and may make a move to keep up pace.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Interesting post. I'd do either trade, actually. Giants are very nervous about their CB situation. Ross is now their best corner and that's not saying much.

I still think we'll land one or two more good players before Sept. 1st. We have the roster pare-down to 75 on August 30; some get cut before that as a courtesy to the cut player.

I hate these type of speculation trade threads but the point is, it seems like it could be a good fit and he is clearly not a good fit in Buffalo.

Your ideas are the good type of speculation however - backed up by reality and based on need. Those are good ideas.

"Trade a future 1st round pick for Tim Tebow" is the bad type of speculation.

McKelvin should be on his way to a team that could give us a young promising OL. Aaron Williams is ready to play and gain experience, he can't do that being the 5th corner on a team deep at that position. I'd be surprised if McKelvin isn't secretly on the trading block...

You are right, we need to trade him fast because we need another trade to whine and cry about here.

What makes you think the Bills could get anything for McKelvin? The fans here believe he sucks and want to run him out of town now, but they think we can get an injured 1st rounder for him, or a 4th (what they got for Evans) PLUS a Tackle?

everyone does realise that to get anything of value, you have to trade something of value. And just because the Giants seem desperate right now for a CB, it doesn't mean they will just run out and trade something of value for nothing. Fans don't think he is good enough to play for a 4-12 team here in buffalo, yet he is supposed to be good enough to be on a possible SB contender?

McKelvin should be on his way to a team that could give us a young promising OL. Aaron Williams is ready to play and gain experience, he can't do that being the 5th corner on a team deep at that position. I'd be surprised if McKelvin isn't secretly on the trading block...

I dont think we are deep at corner, I would argue we have 1 top 40 corner

"Buffalo, Where 1st Round Picks Go to Die...For Real"

Buffalo where fans spend as much time bitching about everything as they do supporting their team

You people are ridiculous. Why would we trade or even get rid of him.? So we can suck more..!..? Why is he not a good fit for the Bills..? I thought he played this year so far and last year better than Florence who holds his guy every 10th play..!

So it is a goal of some people to keep trading everyone, and still keep whinning about how we got no good players on this team....Cool... :wallbash:

Can we just stop trying to get rid of everyone and concentrate on winning some games..!

You are right, we need to trade him fast because we need another trade to whine and cry about here.

What makes you think the Bills could get anything for McKelvin? The fans here believe he sucks and want to run him out of town now, but they think we can get an injured 1st rounder for him, or a 4th (what they got for Evans) PLUS a Tackle?

everyone does realise that to get anything of value, you have to trade something of value. And just because the Giants seem desperate right now for a CB, it doesn't mean they will just run out and trade something of value for nothing. Fans don't think he is good enough to play for a 4-12 team here in buffalo, yet he is supposed to be good enough to be on a possible SB contender?

You have valid points but you're not thinking about this from the Giants point of view.

They are down 3 CBs.

What options do they have?

McKelvin is a talented athlete no one will tell you differently,

He struggles with some basics of coverage right now, and its easy for a team to believe that if they get an athlete with their coaches they may be able to get the athlete to play well.

McKelvin doesn't turn his head to identify the ball when its in the air. He bites on double moves frequently and depends on his athleticism to make up for bad technique.

In theory good coaching can get him to improve these deficiencies.

That is why the Giants may consider the move.

They get a gifted athlete that needs to be coached up in a position of need.

If somehow you can get some coaching through to McDrainBramage you actually could have a great CB.

So from the giants point of view, is McKelvin better than the CB scrap heap in a season where you're making a solid run at the Super Bowl?

IMO the answer is yes.

At what cost is the real question.

Brewer and a 4th, or 5th, or 6th doesn't seem too expensive.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I dont think we are deep at corner, I would argue we have 1 top 40 corner

Buffalo where fans spend as much time bitching about everything as they do supporting their team

Not bitching at all. Simple facts.

You have valid points but you're not thinking about this from the Giants point of view.

They are down 3 CBs.

What options do they have?

McKelvin is a talented athlete no one will tell you differently,

He struggles with some basics of coverage right now, and its easy for a team to believe that if they get an athlete with their coaches they may be able to get the athlete to play well.

McKelvin doesn't turn his head to identify the ball when its in the air. He bites on double moves frequently and depends on his athleticism to make up for bad technique.

In theory good coaching can get him to improve these deficiencies.

That is why the Giants may consider the move.

They get a gifted athlete that needs to be coached up in a position of need.

If somehow you can get some coaching through to McDrainBramage you actually could have a great CB.

So from the giants point of view, is McKelvin better than the CB scrap heap in a season where you're making a solid run at the Super Bowl?

IMO the answer is yes.

At what cost is the real question.

Brewer and a 4th, or 5th, or 6th doesn't seem too expensive.

I'm sure they may be able to find someone on the "scrap heap" or cuts that wouldn't cost them anything more then a contract and be as good or need just as much coaching as someone you call McDrainBramage, or someone everyones already labeling a bust here. Didn't everyones new favorite writer mention something the other day about the Eagles having to cut a $2 million dollar CB because they were so deep at that position? That would be an even better move for the giants cause you also get a player with some inside info on your rival

I thought he played this year so far and last year better than Florence who holds his guy every 10th play..!

Sorry dude, McKelvin continues to look bad this pre-season and looked bad last season.

Its not physical, it technique.

Either coaching is failing him or he isn't able to be coached.

I'm sure they may be able to find someone on the "scrap heap" or cuts that wouldn't cost them anything more then a contract and be as good or need just as much coaching as someone you call McDrainBramage, or someone everyones already labeling a bust here. Didn't everyones new favorite writer mention something the other day about the Eagles having to cut a $2 million dollar CB because they were so deep at that position? That would be an even better move for the giants cause you also get a player with some inside info on your rival

That is a good option for the Giants too.

Not bitching at all. Simple facts.

"Of course I'm screaming....Ain't you seen my movies?" "Drink my beer ______ _______!"

Now that would be bitching. Nice avatar. :thumbsup:

agreed...those are just facts. Our first round picks the last decade have not been good.

Edited by BillsFanM.D.

No he's not--unless you mean on special teams.

Sorry dude, McKelvin continues to look bad this pre-season and looked bad last season.

Its not physical, it technique.

Either coaching is failing him or he isn't able to be coached.

That is a good option for the Giants too.

The Giants aren't going to give up their #1 CB pick for McKelvin--would never happen. Especially if you say he's looking bad and can't be coached.

The Philly idea (Samuel) is more likely.