Bills ranked 31st by ESPN

Would anyone else perfer Landry over Luck? I think it's something to consider. I'm not sure Luck really wants to be an NFL player. His passing up a sure chance to be the #1 pick this year, espically when his head coach is leaving, makes me wonder. Plus, he plays against weaker Big 10 defenses (Big 12 D's are slightly better), and has an amazing O-Line. I'm not saying I'd take Landry over Luck, quite frankly I haven't watched much of either. Just some thoughts to throw out there. Discuss amongst yourselves!

A first! Too often we hear about players coming out too early, never too late. QBs that stay for their senior year have better NFL success, I'm glad he stayed.

All I know is, QB along with tackles are what this team needs. We have seen them stack the D a little...next year its O's turn!

he's gotta be. its the only logical explanation

Years from now when the truth comes out it will be revealed ESPN was going to put us at 30 ahead of Carolina until Goodell talked them out of it because he didn't want to dampen the Newton hype

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

About right. Take a very bad team, add a very good 1st round pick to the defense. Subtract one of the few "good"(not great, no such thing on this offense) players from the horrible offense. Almost every other horrible team from last years adds a little something to their team and you expect to do better this year. LOL,LOL. Fanboy logic! But I bet the Bills do make more profit from the bottom line this year, if that counts for you.

Edited by simpleman

I think the rating is totally justified. We have done nothing to deserve a higher ranking. And it amazes me how everyone is quick to attack ESPN because they refuse to recognize the Bills "potential" that some fans think they have. ESPNs whole existence is based off of sports and if anyone would know how we stack up against the rest of the NFL, I would think it would the analysts and experts that they employ. Once our Bills prove themselves, then we can make the argument that they deserve respect.

Since when does ESPN know anything about anything. They are a joke. Who knows where the Bills will finish, but these rankings are totally arbitrary and mean absolutely nothing.

ESPN is a joke, but the ranking of Buffalo is accurate.

Would anyone else perfer Landry over Luck? I think it's something to consider. I'm not sure Luck really wants to be an NFL player. His passing up a sure chance to be the #1 pick this year, espically when his head coach is leaving, makes me wonder. Point 1: Plus, he plays against weaker Big 10 defenses (Big 12 D's are slightly better), and has an amazing O-Line. I'm not saying I'd take Landry over Luck, Point 2: quite frankly I haven't watched much of either. Just some thoughts to throw out there. Discuss amongst yourselves!

Point 1: Do you have any idea where Stanford is, or what conference they are in?

Yes, staying in school and getting his degree, especially after his coach told him he was going to stay (before he ultimately left) is a clear indication Luck doesn't really want to be an NFL player

Point 2: Then why comment on something you admit you know nothing about?

Edited by Erik Flowers

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/rankings

At first I wanted to reject this thinking there must be at least 5 other teams we're ahead of which would put us in mid 20's. They have us ahead of only the Bengals. Going over the list I can only see us moving up one spot ahead of Panthers. Only gets us to 30. Exactly where we finished last year drafting 3rd overall.

Same ranking has the Colt's ranked 8th? Really, 8th? I don't take any stock in rankings. Green Bay would've missed the playoffs last year if not for Arizona (I think), and suddenly they are the best team in the NFL?? Sorry but that kind of logic doesn't fly with me..

Tim-

Bad list we are top 15

Obviously. A team that has not even dreamed of making the playoffs in the last 11 years, was one of the worst teams in the NFL last season with a 4-12 record, lost a couple decent players and added a couple during the offseason, how could an organization that knows about sports in general and even more about american football POSSIBLY not rank the Bills in the top half of the teams in the league this season? It's so obvious!

Edited by CodeMonkey

I know we are all upset over the offensive line (same guys as last year, minus Cornell Green and with two of them not coming off major injuries that limit practice).

But remember, this is a team that finished 4-4 last year before fixing the Run D with Dareus, adding Merriman. We lose Evans and Whitner, but I still don't see how you can think we are worse than the team we had on the field last year in terms of talent. We have to play the games, but I don't think we finish the year at the bottom. I just don't see us being weaker than last year, and see a lot of reasons why we will be stronger.