we won't miss Lee Evans.

What this team has always needed was balance. We had good running backs in Jackson and Lynch, a bad offensive line, a solid receiving corps with Johnson and Evans and no quarterback. Now Gailey and Nix, through brilliant personnel moves, getting rid of players like Incognito, Evans, Poz and Whitner have brought a balanced attack to the game. Our offensive line sucks but we hardly notice it because our receivers suck, which we fail to notice because our quarterback isn't very good. Our defensive backfield looks like a twelfth grade girls team compensating for a defensive front three that isn't all that bad. On the good side, Moorman and Lindell look pretty good and we got a free agent who is kind of a qb, kind of a receiver and kind of a returner.

I think we are turning it around and will be in the running for the first round pick next year.

What this team has always needed was balance. We had good running backs in Jackson and Lynch, a bad offensive line, a solid receiving corps with Johnson and Evans and no quarterback. Now Gailey and Nix, through brilliant personnel moves, getting rid of players like Incognito, Evans, Poz and Whitner have brought a balanced attack to the game. Our offensive line sucks but we hardly notice it because our receivers suck, which we fail to notice because our quarterback isn't very good. Our defensive backfield looks like a twelfth grade girls team compensating for a defensive front three that isn't all that bad. On the good side, Moorman and Lindell look pretty good and we got a free agent who is kind of a qb, kind of a receiver and kind of a returner.

I think we are turning it around and will be in the running for the first round pick next year.

I can tell your frustrated.

I did notice the loss of Evans in the first half of the Denver game. We looked silly just trying to go deep.

Hopefully what we were seeing was a plain vanilla offense and poor execution, and not a foreshadowing of things to come.

I can tell your frustrated.

I did notice the loss of Evans in the first half of the Denver game. We looked silly just trying to go deep.

Hopefully what we were seeing was a plain vanilla offense and poor execution, and not a foreshadowing of things to come.

:lol:

Good luck with that hopefulness. But really, this is brilliant, this strategy of the front office. We need to lose this year. We need to lose more than anyone else in the league. We need a real QB. We need to pick first. Picking 2nd is not good enough. If you're going to fail, fail completely. And then, hope against hope by next postseason we have a new owner.

I'm wondering if the lack of a full 100-yard practice field at training camp this year hasn't affected the Bills passing game in the early preseason...

Prior to this year, Fisher had two 100-yard grass fields behind the stadium but with the addition of a track and field stadium the fields were reduced to 50 yards each.

"Not real good," said Bills coach Chan Gailey about the setup. "Very cramped."

The shortened fields prevented the Bills from working on elements in the passing game and special teams.

"You had to work at the same spot on the field a lot," Gailey said. "We had to go over to the turf and do full special teams. We had to go to the stadium back and forth, things like that. It wasn't terrible but it could be better."

(link)

Now that the Bills have broken camp and are back in OP with full fields and closed practices, I'm hopeful that we'll have a more effective passing game this week. (I believe the 3rd preseason game is typically when the full offense is 'installed' anyway.)

Yeah - Evan's 40 catches and 600 yards receiving each of the last two years will sorely be missed. Not!

I have missed the Evans we could actually use as a deep threat for three years now. That Lee Evans was not on the roster this year.

Yeah - Evan's 40 catches and 600 yards receiving each of the last two years will sorely be missed. Not!

I have missed the Evans we could actually use as a deep threat for three years now. That Lee Evans was not on the roster this year.

It's less his production and more his field stretching threat that was important, imo.

I disagree Tennessee...

The Bills will miss Evans. Vets like McGee and Florance said it. They should know because they had to practice against him .

3rd preseason game they kinda treat like a regular season game tuneup so I am wondering what Chan will do with the WR's we have left. Maybe Roscoe plays this week so we have a better idea what we have.

They have a few weeks left before the first game. They still have time to figure things out.

We shall see Sept 11th.

Im sorry I had to lol on this