Please be mentally ready for one more year of sucking

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we have one more year of being bad. Our D will improve a lot but our OL will be our achilles heel. Next year we focus on offense mainly big boys in the front and we should be on good path to be competitive for a few years. Especially once Ralph is force to spend a minimum amount of money. The best we can hope for this season is to somewhat have a chance (no pun intended) at Luck comes the draft next year. But I don't think the Bills can be that lucky.

Wright!

Wrong!

Wrong!

I got in trouble thinking this way last year, but I find it hard to imagine being worse if Dareus and Merriman play to potential. As bad as we were last year we still hung close in a lot of games. Our D will win us 2 more games alone.

Now the Oline depth is suspect but here's hoping Brad Smith and the Wildcat keep teams guessing.

Hoping for small improvement.

PTR

The ship is turning. Defense will be better assuming Merriman is healthy and Dareus stays healthy. Good draft this year, following a decent draft and FA period last year. Need a QB and some OL, However I am sure we will be just good enough to miss out on the best QB prospect in 15 years.

This is a 5 year rebuild, or maybe longer. I've never seen a team ignore the O line like this team has over the last decade. Don't forget that Nix doesn't like building thru free agency, and has proved that to be true!

Considering how many draft picks have been used to solidify the DB's and D line ...he Bills should have a top 10 defense, they don't! A very average LB's corps will be the reason. The SB champs let their MLB walk and the Bills pick him up and think they found gold...

The O line is below average in at least 2, maybe 3 spots and because of that the current Bills QB's will get manhandled by the good teams.

The Bills will indeed be looking for a "franchise" QB in the draft next year, so QB-OL-LB will be on the table for next years draft. But! Somehow I still think the man behind the curtain will want more "skill" positions filled next draft...especially if Spiller doesn't meet his potential. So QB-RB-WR-LB and then maybe an O linemen.

The Bills offense will suck even worse this year then last year. with no viable deep threat to draw coverages away from the run game ...opponents will stack the box even tighter. I think the receiving corps will sorely miss Lee Evans as Stevie Johnson is going to have difficulty as a #1 receiver.

Fitz is going to have a tougher time as opponents know he is the starter and will bump the receivers out of their routes to stop the quick short passes. Good teams will easily out game plan Chan Gailey and this year he might eventually realize that in the NFL you need good solid O linemen to run / pass block or you simply won't win many games.

The running game will miss Lynch and his power as Fred Jackson will have a tough time carrying the full load, Spiller has already shown how impatient he is behind his blockers as he can't find a hole if there is no hole.

I honestly don't ever see this team crawling out of the bottom of the AFC East with this GM and HC.

defense : very slightly improved.

offense : got worse

overall : i expect the bills to draft 1st overall for the next two years.

NOTABLE LOSSES from Opening day last year: this team got rid of starters Stroud, Poz, Whitner, Lee Evans, Marshawn Lynch & (benched Hangartner & Levitre ?).

NOTABLE ADDITIONS: starters: Dareus, Merriman (health ?), Barnett & backups: Brad Smith, Thigpen.

we did NOT get better !!

7-9 is where I have this team pegged at. I think Dareus and the development of Carrington and Troup help the run D. Merriman if healthy can provide pass rush, and Barnett is a capable MLB in his own right if healthy. The LB core does lack depth and if there are any long term injuries it will show. I also think that the secondary will be a strong unit again having added Williams and retained Florence as well as addition by subtraction and getting rid of Whitner.

The offense is a bit of an enigma. I think that the unit will be radically inconsistent scoring 30 points in a few contests but also struggling in a lot more.

7-9 is a fair realistic assessment and assuming this is year 2 of rebuilding the team is right on track.

defense : very slightly improved.

offense : got worse

overall : i expect the bills to draft 1st overall for the next two years.

NOTABLE LOSSES from Opening day last year: this team got rid of starters Stroud, Poz, Whitner, Lee Evans, Marshawn Lynch & (benched Hangartner & Levitre ?).

NOTABLE ADDITIONS: starters: Dareus, Merriman (health ?), Barnett & backups: Brad Smith, Thigpen.

we did NOT get better !!

When you look at loses you have to ask was anything of value to this team lost? Stroud as a loss no the guy sucked last season, Whitner is replaced easily by Wilson, Lynch are you kidding me the guy played 3 games and we have 2 backs that are capable of replacing him with Freddie and Spiller no loss, and then that brings you to the two guys that were productive that the team actually lost and that was Poz and Evans.

Poz is replaced by Barnett which if you want to count it as a slight downgrade fine but its at worst a slight down grade and at best an even exchange. Then there is Lee Evans who while serves a purpose didn't exactly light the world on fire when here (Last season).

So lets look at the additions. Dareus is a beast who upgrades the D-line by a lot, IF Merriman is healthy he is a huge upgrade and provides us with a legit pass rush, Barnett compensates for the loss of Poz, Williams adds a lot of depth to the secondary, Sheppard adds some depth to the LB core, and Smith adds a utility guy to the offense.

And you have to factor in the development of second year players like Carrington and Troup. This team won 4 games last season after starting 0-8. I think your assessment is hyperbolic and I think an assessment of 7-9 is much more accurate.

Edited by billsfan89

last year i predicted 4-12 and was correct.

http://forums.twobil...ass+%2Bcontest.

this year i predict 0-16 (at best 2-14).

http://forums.twobil..._1#entry2195717

That would be great in many ways I think. We get Luck as our new QB and then the front office would be forced to spend some money in free agency in order to not completely annihilate all the fans

Well I can't speak for any of the other guys, but I was working. I stand by my earlier post. it'll work itself out. We won't suck that bad. People always freak out this time of year. I guess we'll see soon enough. summer's going fast.

How many years have you been thinking that way? Although I have to say, it sounds like the most optimistic Bills fans now hope for "we won;t suck that bad"