Youboty signs with Bucs

billsevans

Bucs are hoping that Youboty will step in and compete for starting corner job... good luck with that

Tampa Bay Signs CB

I don't think the article implies he's going to be starting; best case scenario, maybe as the nickel back.

I wish him well. He showed really great flashes here, but then would just disappear or get injured. I actually thought he was still on the team (but having another MIA moment) up until a few weeks ago.

Bucs are hoping that Youboty will step in and compete for starting corner job... good luck with that

Tampa Bay Signs CB

What about that article makes you think he is competing for a starting job? It is pretty clearly stated that he is being brought in to push some depth guys and that there is not a penny guaranteed in the deal. Seems like a smart pickup to me.

Youboty was very good while he was healthy. he was a very good tackler and was always near the ball to make a play. its unfortunate injuries stopped him from exceling with the bills. if he can stay healthy, i dont see why he cant be a starting CB in the league.

I agree. I think the talent is there, I don't know if he is durable enough.

Youboty was very good while he was healthy. he was a very good tackler and was always near the ball to make a play. its unfortunate injuries stopped him from exceling with the bills. if he can stay healthy, i dont see why he cant be a starting CB in the league.

This guy was the luckiest Bill of the past 10 years. He took up a roster spot for 5 years and never dirtied his uniform. When he wasn't injured, he amassed 49 tackles and 1 int--again, over 5 years. Was there a more under the radar guy?

Another mediocre (at best) DB from the mediocre DB factory OSU who made it to the Buffalo roster for a while. Hard to believe Greer was gone before this guy.

This guy was the luckiest Bill of the past 10 years. He took up a roster spot for 5 years and never dirtied his uniform. When he wasn't injured, he amassed 49 tackles and 1 int--again, over 5 years. Was there a more under the radar guy?

Another mediocre (at best) DB from the mediocre DB factory OSU who made it to the Buffalo roster for a while. Hard to believe Greer was gone before this guy.

I would say John McCargo was about 4million times (another great 1st round pick) luckier than Youboty...personally, I think Youboty, at one point, looked to be a major talent, but, then he got hurt, again.

Hardly the most useless player on the Bills roster over the last 10 years... McCargo was so bad, and so under the radar, you forgot him...and he was on the roster for 5 freakin' years...Youboty was just too small to stay healthy, IMO. I remember meeting him once, and thinking he was a kid trying to get an autograph...he looked like he was about 15 years old, and I don't think he really grew much over the years. I wish him luck in Tampa Bay. I know he has had some hardships in his life, things that most of us don't have to deal with. I have no problem rooting for him.

I remember one nice stretch of games that he looked really nice... and then got injured. Has got some talent, willing to sacrifice his body a little too willingly.

Yes I remember the same stretch of games. It was at the beginning of the season. Our D looked freakin' good. I remember one play in particular where Ashton stepped up and popped his guy on a quick pass play. At that moment I thought, "this guy is good when he's healthy! damn good!" and then he hurt himself the next week. :wallbash: And then our D had a few bad weeks in a row. There is no correlation here as Ashton wasn't really that significant.