TJ Housh in Buffalo?

CBD

I'm still trying to figure out how Buffalo is "among the deepest in the league" at WR.

I'd be happy with a Housh signing, he'd give us a presence over the middle. Although, I won't believe this until Moron verifies it with his one source.

The FO has to project what the prospective growth of this team's situation is... respectable this year, wild card next year, contender 2 years out. That's our BEST CASE scenario unfortunately. With that as a "trajectory" the relevance of Houshmanzadah is ZERO! Either another strong receiver is among the younger players or we need to keep drafting/finding them. Signing Houshmanzadah is a waste of time, money and effort from building this team for the future.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point, didn't even enter into my thinking... thanks for the reminder :thumbsup:

No problem. It seems Merriman is hell-bent on on enjoying his time in Buffalo regardless of nightlife opportunities. He actually text's a girl that works with me on a regular basis from a time he met her out last year. She lets me read the messages and there is some funny stuff in there.

And how does adding a possession receiver to a group of possession receivers help?

You essentially have to release a receiver to sign him

yeah you can ps naaman or easley but they would be gone fast

Tj isn't signed yet for a reason

I don't like the idea of cutting Naaman or Easley, I can see where you're coming from. The numbers game at WR complicates things.

TJ can help us as he'd likely be the second best WR. Big, physical, reliable, playoff experience. On a team lacking at TE he can help Fitz underneath, a guy he played with for 2 years in Cincinnati.

You saw the way the players questioned the direction when Evans was dealt. I have to think the leaders, the likes of Merriman, Kyle, Fitz, Barnett would be happy with this.

We were bad on third down last year, and the offensive line will probably again struggle. I like Brad Smith but Housh can help in the passing game. Not the end of the world if it doesn't happen.

Edited by Big Bad Boone

I don't like the idea of cutting Naaman or Easley, I can see where you're coming from. The numbers game at WR complicates things.

TJ can help us as he'd likely be the second best WR. Big, physical, reliable, playoff experience. On a team lacking at TE he can help Fitz underneath, a guy he played with for 2 years in Cincinnati.

You saw the way the players questioned the direction when Evans was dealt. I have to think the likes of Merriman, Kyle, Fitz, Barnett would be happy with this.

We were bad on third down last year, and the offensive line will probably again struggle. I like Brad Smith but Housh can help in the passing game. Not the end of the world if it doesn't happen.

Agree with everything you said. People's last image of him will be his drop in the playoffs, but he can help this young group. If it means risking losing Easley on the PC, I'm all for it. Hopefully his injury history will keep other teams away.

And you're entirely correct about the message it sends to the vets. It revives the notion that this team (if the chips fall into place) can win sooner than later.

He made millions. He's buying the Bills from Ralph.

I don't know about the Bills signing T.J.H. but I wouldn't mind...This ain't no rumor because maybe the different flights have NFL insignia's on the tail of some planes for advertisement purposes goes, but this I saw with my own two eyes and it may not mean a lick!!!

I saw a small to medium size plane...I think it was US Airways? or something like that...and it had a Philadelphia Eagle logo on the tail of it! Like I said, maybe this is common to have NFL logo's on the tail of planes for advertisement?? I spotted it on Sunday Aug 19th at approx 7:15 pm when we left the arrival pickup area of the airport.

I don't even know if that it did mean something to the Bills, as to what the Eagles have on their roster that may interest us? Or vice versa? I just know what I saw..and I'm not trying to start up a rumor of any sorts unless there is reason to believe the Eagles have someone that we may be interested in. I'm not trying to conjure anything up about Michael Vick either because the Eagles have no inclination whatsoever to get rid of or trade Vick..so that's out! I do know that we have dealt with the Eagles some in previous offseasons, so if there is something to it I'd love to know! Anyone know about the planes at the airport and NFL Logo's on the tail? Anyone know if there is a player we should be interested in on their roster?

Yes, 7 is too many, at least one of them has to go.

One of the airlines has NFL logos on their planes as advertising, I rode on a Pittsburgh Steelers plane on a flight to Aruba.

Edited by Carey Bender

Kind of a vague comment, can you elaborate as to why?

I think keeping 7, and realistically 8 WRs with Brad Smith on your roster is too many players from one position, not all of them will be able to see the field, thus hurting your depth and numbers at other positions to just have guys sitting on the bench.

Edited by Carey Bender

Would it be out of the question to take 7 WR on the roster?

1. Stevie

2. Jones

3. Nelson

4. Roosevelt

5. Parrish

6. Easley

7. Housh

(Brad Smith on the depth chart as the third QB).

That doesn't seem out of the question.

I think Roscoe is 3rd, no? Either way, after Stevie I suppose any depth is a welcome addition. I find it odd that people consider WR a position of depth. More like a position of potential.

May someone run over children if this isn't true.

Awesome. I can see Moran as the gift that keeps on giving for years to come. Someday the youngins here will be asking why people are always saying that, and we can point to that epic thread.

As far as Housh goes, the only way I see this is perhaps as a way out for Davis. Chan/Buddy were maybe looking for some possible veteran help from Davis, but they may be thinking his injuries are too much to overcome, so here's a substitute.

Awesome. I can see Moran as the gift that keeps on giving for years to come. Someday the youngins here will be asking why people are always saying that, and we can point to that epic thread.

As far as Housh goes, the only way I see this is perhaps as a way out for Davis. Chan/Buddy were maybe looking for some possible veteran help from Davis, but they may be thinking his injuries are too much to overcome, so here's a substitute.

Thinking the same thing -a new Wall mantra for azz's.

Worse than a pox on all your houses, we'll just run over your kids..:lol: