NBA player applies for job at Home Depot

It is a damn shame that so many of these guys burn through money the way they do. With just the minimum amount of restraint and planning they would never have to worry about money EVER again. But I guess that doesn't get ice around your neck and make it rain Franklins in the club.

Is Delonte West qualified to work at Home Depot? I'm sure he's a very important person in his own mind, but off the basketball court he's just another idiot criminal. If I'm a manager, I don't want that guy under my employ.

For real?

You wouldn't hire a current NBA player, with above average recognition, to be a greeter at your Home Depot? I'm guessing once word got around that business might pick up just a tad...

Now I wouldn't put him near any heavy machinery or sharp objects... ;)

Lol just sounds like he was making a sarcastic comment on twitter. I highly doubt he actually applied for a job aT Home Depot.

I wouldn't be so sure about that...apparently he's broke and not allowed to head overseas because of a weapons charge. He's not exactly the type of player that's going to sign a lucrative deal with Nike, so where's his cash flow going to come from?

Link

Earlier this week, West tweeted that he was applying for a job at Home Depot, and the seven-year vet says that’s not the only retail job he’s looking into.

“I actually might have work with Sam’s [Club], BJ’s, selling knives,” West said. “That’s pretty cool too. I get a microphone and everything.”

Hey, they guy squandered his money and needs work - I have no problem at all with a guy trying to earn an honest buck.

But you'd think, playing in a large market like Boston, he could easily get a job as pitchman for a car dealership or something along those lines. I still remember those incessant Danny Ainge/M.L. Carr auto commercials from when I lived there..."Who knows more about cars than M.L. Carr?" :rolleyes:

Hey, they guy squandered his money and needs work - I have no problem at all with a guy trying to earn an honest buck.

But you'd think, playing in a large market like Boston, he could easily get a job as pitchman for a car dealership or something along those lines. I still remember those incessant Danny Ainge/M.L. Carr auto commercials from when I lived there..."Who knows more about cars than M.L. Carr?" :rolleyes:

Sounds like he is going to do some sort of show. Maybe he is promoting a knife company.

Edited by Booster4324

i know this is way off the specific target, but was watching a show last night on the curse of 27...talking about all the rock stars that have died at 27...Vanilla Ice was on and made a very depressing and ominous but pretty enlightening comment...something to the effect of "...i don't want violins or anything, and appreciate what I had, but I wouldn't wish my life on my worst enemy..."

we all sit here in judgement of these 'celebrities' pissing it all away, but i imagine its not an easy life to lead....wouldn't mind giving it a shot...but it can't be easy...

Haha im trying to picture delonte as spokesman for just about anything. It's tough. Short of a gag product affiliation that's essentially mocking him, I can think of little his name would add credibility to

I'd have a problem with any place like Home Depot giving him a job though. Yeah, he may be out of money, there are a lot of other people out there who are as well. Those other people didn't squander years worth of million dollar salaries (ok, some may have). That million dollar job is going to eventually return to him. Those other people don't have that option.

But yeah, if it was actually an honest effort then I would have no problem with that.