Rumor mill: Paul Ryan is reportedly mulling a run for the WH

Link

It may be more of a 'Hey, remember me next time in case Barry wins' thing, as the GOP prefers previously known / vetted pols, but if either of them goes for it, the previously-termed "unspectacular" pot of candidates would have a fire started under it.

I'm supporting Romney, but a wider field of people who bring fiscal-issue bones wouldn't hurt to push the debates away from the social-issues that Bachmann and Perry would probably like to have the fore. Frankly, I could give a sh-- either way on many of the social issues. We need someone who can help turn around the economy as his or her first, second, third, fourth and fifth priority.

WSJ was practically begging for someone (read Ryan, Christie) to come in and rescue the GOP field.

By the same token, NYT should start a subliminal campaign to launch Hillary's primary challenge. Yes, she can.

Frankly, I could give a sh-- either way on many of the social issues. We need someone who can help turn around the economy as his or her first, second, third, fourth and fifth priority.

I agree completely, it's got to be about the economy, and what policies the candidate can provide that will help us get out of this hole. What matters to me most in regards to qualifications is; Does he look presidential? Does he have executive experience? What track record does he have with his experience? What sort of business experience does he have?

Link

It may be more of a 'Hey, remember me next time in case Barry wins' thing, as the GOP prefers previously known / vetted pols, but if either of them goes for it, the previously-termed "unspectacular" pot of candidates would have a fire started under it.

I'm supporting Romney, but a wider field of people who bring fiscal-issue bones wouldn't hurt to push the debates away from the social-issues that Bachmann and Perry would probably like to have the fore. Frankly, I could give a sh-- either way on many of the social issues. We need someone who can help turn around the economy as his or her first, second, third, fourth and fifth priority.

I'm with you on this. The GOP should stay away from the social issues and stick with the economy. Regardless, the dems will try to paint any GOP candidate as some far wacked out religious zealot. That's after they accuse the republicans of wanting to eliminate SS and medicare while forcing grandma to eat dog food.

I'm with you on this. The GOP should stay away from the social issues and stick with the economy. Regardless, the dems will try to paint any GOP candidate as some far wacked out religious zealot. That's after they accuse the republicans of wanting to eliminate SS and medicare while forcing grandma to eat dog food.

The GOP doesn't need any help, they paint themselves into the far right social corner. They always include an anti-abortion plank at the convention, and probably will have some defense of marriage plank this time. And let's not forget the opposition to building Mosques, because they're just havens for domestic terrorists. <_<

Regardless, the dems will try to paint any GOP candidate as some far wacked out religious zealot. That's after they accuse the republicans of wanting to eliminate SS and medicare while forcing grandma to eat dog food.

remind me again which team jerry falwell and pat robertson played for. and they're just the most visible behind the curtain, repug extremists. it's not imagined and it's getting more prevalent every day in the grand old fundamentalist party.

medicare and SS? yup, privatizing these would result in increased alpo sales. there are grandmas eating it now (i'm told it's fairly easy to eat without teeth) and going without needed medications. ya think the picture's likely to get more rockwellian with a new right wing prez?

remind me again which team jerry falwell and pat robertson played for. and they're just the most visible behind the curtain, repug extremists. it's not imagined and it's getting more prevalent every day in the grand old fundamentalist party.

medicare and SS? yup, privatizing these would result in increased alpo sales. there are grandmas eating it now (i'm told it's fairly easy to eat without teeth) and going without needed medications. ya think the picture's likely to get more rockwellian with a new right wing prez?

You are an ass that is fulfilling my prediction that the dems will try to paint the GOP as wanting to eliminate SS and Medicare while making grandma eat dogfood. Same old schit, different day. Anybody that is a fiscal conservative is a homophobic wacked out religious zealot wanting to ban reading the "funny pages" on Sunday? You are a Kool Aid drinker of the likes of Conner, Dave in Norfolk and pBrain.

At least Bachmann isn't charging people to come see her. This sissy Ryan is really running scared!

It will cost $15 to ask Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) a question in person during the August congressional recess.

The House Budget Committee chairman isn't holding any face-to-face open-to-the-public town hall meetings during the recess, but like several of his colleagues he will speak only for residents willing to open their wallets.

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=F0E997EA-EC57-4E4B-B174-D857948A0787

At least Bachmann isn't charging people to come see her. This sissy Ryan is really running scared!

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=F0E997EA-EC57-4E4B-B174-D857948A0787

You are dishonest. I guess your political beliefs mandate free lunches? From the article:

"Seifert added that Ryan has nothing to do with the Whitnall Park Rotary Club’s decision to charge $15 for admissiona fee that will pay for the catered lunch of meat and potatoes the group will provide, club president Kent Bieganski told POLITICO."

You are dishonest. I guess your political beliefs mandate free lunches? From the article:

"Seifert added that Ryan has nothing to do with the Whitnall Park Rotary Club's decision to charge $15 for admissiona fee that will pay for the catered lunch of meat and potatoes the group will provide, club president Kent Bieganski told POLITICO."

So he's just a whore? :)

So he's just a whore? :)

Did you read the article? It's just a shameful hack job quoting the the Wisconsin Democrat Party spokesperson and the Executive Director of MoveOn.org. Dave_in_Norfolk either didn't read what he posted or deliberately set out to be dishonest.

Did you read the article? It's just a shameful hack job quoting the the Wisconsin Democrat Party spokesperson and the Executive Director of MoveOn.org. Dave_in_Norfolk either didn't read what he posted or deliberately set out to be dishonest.

Yeah, sorry, I really don't care about this at all. I just enjoy watching you get all indignant when the man is keeping you down.

No, he's trying to turn the tables on you, using my argument against his idiotic "The US is paying terrorists' salaries!" nonsense.

My headline was much closer to the truth than Dave's total misrepresentation of the truth in his post. You obviously didn't read the article or you would have seen what I'm talking about.

My headline was much closer to the truth than Dave's total misrepresentation of the truth in his post. You obviously didn't read the article or you would have seen what I'm talking about.

Yes, I did, and yes, it was. That's not my point.

My point is that not only are you dishonest, but you're a hypocrite. The story...isn't. It's a complete non-story (or, more accurately, the story is that it's only $15 a head, rather than the usual $2500+ per plate fundraiser that most politicians have.) But Dave's total misrepresentation was completely in line with the standard you followed yesterday regarding the PA.

Yes, I did, and yes, it was. That's not my point.

My point is that not only are you dishonest, but you're a hypocrite. The story...isn't. It's a complete non-story (or, more accurately, the story is that it's only $15 a head, rather than the usual $2500+ per plate fundraiser that most politicians have.) But Dave's total misrepresentation was completely in line with the standard you followed yesterday regarding the PA.

I'm not going to argue anymore with you about this. If you can't see the difference between the two then you need to work on other things. I've already said I could have worded that headline better but it still remains that the U.S. was providing the money that went to terrorists as salary, based on their prison terms for terrorist acts. Dave deliberately misled with his post. I know, a $15 lunch isn't much to talk about but Dave made out to be that he was charging $15 to ask him a question.