Kellen Heard

Heard (which is a perfect Buffalo name) looked great out there and much more impressive than Jasper, although I definitely want Jasper here. I am not sure who is getting cut for him but no way we get rid of heard. At 6'6" 350 looks and moves a lot like Chris Jenkins to which if he keeps playing like him we will have another probowler on the D-line down the road.

Heard (which is a perfect Buffalo name) looked great out there and much more impressive than Jasper, although I definitely want Jasper here. I am not sure who is getting cut for him but no way we get rid of heard. At 6'6" 350 looks and moves a lot like Chris Jenkins to which if he keeps playing like him we will have another probowler on the D-line down the road.

No no no.All off season the experts and professional scouts and coaches proclaimed Heard to be a scrub.

You can't come here johnny come lately and say good things about him.Its against the rules on this message board.

To each their own. I wasn't thrilled with Heard, and Jasper didn't show anything of note either. Prior to these guys, Troups reps looked hurt by his hand injury as it definitely took his hand away and that's an area of his game he needed to improve upon and was supposedly making good strides with.

troup was still pretty hard to move off the line and they double teamed him on a few runs. I think the kid will be just fine. Carrington looked excellent too. Dare I say this, but we actually have D-line .... depth? and maybe even some LB depth (if batten, coleman, moats pan out - they remind me of the trio of crowell, haggan, and _______)/

now next year buddy needs to go OT again and we should be set in the trenches...

troup was still pretty hard to move off the line and they double teamed him on a few runs. I think the kid will be just fine. Carrington looked excellent too. Dare I say this, but we actually have D-line .... depth? and maybe even some LB depth (if batten, coleman, moats pan out - they remind me of the trio of crowell, haggan, and _______)/

now next year buddy needs to go OT again and we should be set in the trenches...

My boy Batten looked good too getting 2 sacks, Kelsay is just keeping his spot warm.

"they remind me of the trio of crowell, haggan, and _______)" . . . now there was a trio to write home about :wallbash:

Edited by CSBill

You saw that game and thought to yourself that heard had probowl potential? Please, I beg of you, just stop. I like the optimism, but I also like discussion remotely founded in reality.

"they remind me of the trio of crowell, haggan, and _______)" . . . now their was a trio to write home about :wallbash:

I'm pretty sure you thinking of Crowell, Haggan and Stamer. By the end Crowell started contributing significantly as a LB and Haggan on ST (and held his own but was unspectacular in spot duty as a LB). Stamer was more forgetable....

"Holy overly optimistic Batman".

Let's hope he makes the team first before putting him in the pro-bowl.

I thought Jasper was the next Pro Bowler? Are you suggesting we should actually let them play and see what they can do first?

Edited by Bob in STL

You saw that game and thought to yourself that heard had probowl potential? Please, I beg of you, just stop. I like the optimism, but I also like discussion remotely founded in reality.

I said down the road, he is only a first year player and will only improve. Kyle was no probowler when he got here and now 6 years later he is considered one of the best in the league and has been getting high praise from opponents and media alike.

Nice post. I was thinking the same thing during the game. Yes it was just one preseason game against backups I know, but he looked pretty good. He was playing next to Troup on a few plays, and of the two I thought Heard Looked much better (I know mentioning Troup without praising him isn't allowed on this board and I will be flamed, oh well). He was physical, aggressive, and knocked down a pass I believe. The o-line struggled to move him even with double teams (They seemed to move Troup no problem). I'd like to see more of him, but if he looks like he did last night the rest of the preseason the Bills would be hard pressed to cut him. He was one of the only 2nd/3rd stringers to really stand out. The starters looked good obviously.

The Jasper pick was fun and interesting, but I considered it a low risk gamble. He was unlikely to make the team and will probably be on the practice squad this year. If he spends that time learning and improving his conditioning, he would be more likely to make a push next year.

Edited by Turbosrrgood