Why do you guys care about the Jets?

stevestojan

Am I wrong, or is there No way we can catch up to the Jets?

If they lose two, and we win two, we are both 10-6.

We split with them,

Next tie breaker is conference record.

Winning out means we beat Pitt, leaving us at 6-6 in the conf.

Losing out means the Jets are 7-5.

So, why do the Jets matter anymore?

We are fighting for one last playoff spot, no?

We split with them,

167895[/snapback]

The next tiebreaker is common opponents, which we would win. Also, for multiple-team ties, you settle all in-division ties first, so we'd knock the Jets out.

Next tiebreaker for teams in the same division is common opponents...i think we have them on that, if they lose to st louis.

167899[/snapback]

but if we both finish 10-6, first tiebreaker is conference ... if they lose out (which we need them to) they would STILL have a better conf record.

but if we both finish 10-6, first tiebreaker is conference ... if they lose out (which we need them to) they would STILL have a better conf record.

167901[/snapback]

In-Division ties:

1) Record

2) Division Record

3) Common Opponents

4) Conference Record

This changed when the league changed to the 8 division structure and standardized so many of the common opponents within a division for each year.

167901[/snapback]

On the pregame show they went over the scenarios, if both the Jets and Bills finish 10-6, assuming the Jets lose to NE, the Bills have the edge.

Plus, look at it this way, the law of probility is against the Bills if the Jets make it in. What are the chances that both WC go to a team in the same division? Pretty slim.

So we better root hard for NE and (gulp) St. Louis.

In-Division ties:

1) Record

2) Division Record

3) Common Opponents

4) Conference Record

This changed when the league changed to the 8 division structure and standardized so many of the common opponents within a division for each year.

167904[/snapback]

Ahhhhh....

So,

1) Records would be tied

2) Division record would be tied at 3-3 each

3) We win in common opponents? ? ?

If so, Sweet.

We can catch the Jets. They are our backdoor into the playoffs. But they have to lose their last two.

PTR

We split with them,

Winning out means we beat Pitt, leaving us at 6-6 in the conf.

Losing out means the Jets are 7-5.

So, why do the Jets matter anymore?

We are fighting for one last playoff spot, no?

167895[/snapback]

We can catch the Jets.  They are our backdoor into the playoffs.  But they have to lose their last two.

PTR

167911[/snapback]

I agree. I think the only way the Bills get in is if the Jets collapse.

Both Jacksonville and Buffalo are going to be WCs this year...just watch.

The Jets don't have to "collapse", so to speak.

They play New England next, so a loss there would not be a big surprise. If the Bills win next week at San Fran, then Week 17 should be a blast.

The Jets would have huge pressure on them to get a win to make the playoffs, while the Bills would need to beat Pittsburgh (obviously). The Jets would be playing at St. Louis, which is not great news, but a desperate Rams team might surprise us.

...I said it a few weeks ago, and I'll repeat it tonight: forget about the Dog-Ass Jets. Besides, does anyone believe given the way the Lambs played today in Arizona, that they have a prayer? It might well be the last game for Mr. Know-it-all, Mike Martz. They're 6-8 for cryin' out loud!

It's the Jags, the Nevermores, and the Bronx who concern me re: the Bills' WC chances. I don't know if the Dog-Ass Jets can hang with NE, but they're still in pretty good shape at 10-4, knowing an upset of the Patsies at home locks up the WC.

...I said it a few weeks ago, and I'll repeat it tonight:  forget about the Dog-Ass Jets.  Besides, does anyone believe given the way the Lambs played today in Arizona, that they have a prayer?  It might well be the last game for Mr. Know-it-all, Mike Martz.  They're 6-8 for cryin' out loud!

It's the Jags, the Nevermores, and the Bronx who concern me re: the Bills' WC chances.  I don't know if the Dog-Ass Jets can hang with NE, but they're still in pretty good shape at 10-4, knowing an upset of the Patsies at home locks up the WC.

168043[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong as I've been saying the Rams will suck since August but:

Everyone's getting a hard-on about the Raiders & Titans chances for upsets, but the Rams have no chance in their dome playing for their playoff lives with a healthy Bulger?

After the Ravens, I would say the Jets are our most vulnerable competition based on the schedules.

The Jags & Broncos worry me the most right now.

Don't get me wrong as I've been saying the Rams will suck since August but:

Everyone's getting a hard-on about the Raiders & Titans chances for upsets, but the Rams have no chance in their dome playing for their playoff lives with a healthy Bulger?

After the Ravens, I would say the Jets are our most vulnerable competition based on the schedules. 

The Jags & Broncos worry me the most right now.

168082[/snapback]

The Bronx will likely be toast Christmas night, courtesy of the Volek/Bennett combo. Besides, Jake the Fake has been a freakin' pick machine, he was brutal in KC today. Denver has been a major disappointment.

Texans won in the cold of Chicago today, can they make it two straight on the road? They've been so inconsistent. If it comes down to it, I'd like the Faiders' chances at home to take out Jax in the closer. Choakland's played hard all season and would not expect anything less in the finale.

Some of you think we should not even worry about NY because of their game with STL. Well folks, you better worry about the Jets, because their collapse is probably the only way we get in. Consider:

If we do not catch the Jets we have to have 3 things happen. Not one, the collapse of NY, but 3 teams losing another game. Only one of those teams has to win 2 and we go home - regardless of whether we win. The odds are probably 75% that this will happen. Do you understand this? We probably have better odds with the Jets losing 2 - maybe 40-50%.

So yes, the Jets matter. A LOT! As a matter of fact, statistically - and baring a near miracle, they are probably the only thing that matters.

There are two distinct scenarios which allow us to get in. Both are definite possibilities. I don't care which one puts us in the postseason just that we get there. All of this talk is all just rehashed stuff every week. I don't remember the last time I looked forward to Sundays for the entire week.