Chicago Bears Exhibition

Rosevelt, Fred Jackson, Edwards, Spencer Johnson, Merriman, Stevie Johnson, Alex Carrington all played well tonight.

a lot of people want to rag on spiller becuase, well, he did next to nothing last year. But I would add him to that list. He looked good today.

And wood looks like he will be a great center. And of course, I would add dareus and kyle williams to the list as well. they are going to be a force.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the game is over here's my outlook for the players:

1st and most important, Merriman looks just nasty. IF he stays healthy I would imagine double digit sacks is gonna be as sure a thing as you can get.

Dareus looks really good. Doesn't look like a rookie. Finally the immediate first round impact we've been looking for.

Williams is going to be even better sitting next to these guys. If were healthy, offenses are going to have troubles blocking all these guys.

Aaron Williams will be a starter in time. He's going to put McGee or McKelvin at the nickle by the end of the year.

The OLine is really thin. I like the left side of the line but worried about the right side. You could see Hangman start at RG by the opener.

Rosevelt is really good for an UDFA. He catches everything he gets his hands on. Runs good routes. I'm not saying he'll be a 2 but he's got promise.

Brad Smith is going to be in plenty.

Jasper looks like a project and he better get better soon because Heard is fighting for a job too and right now he's looking much better.

Troupe and Carrington both looked better than last year. I have high hopes for them.

Couldn't get a good look at the WRs without Lee but Stevie did have 3 catches in a quarter. I'm thinking he'll be just fine.

The pressure of the front 3 or 4 was great all game. 9 sacks is just rediculous I don't care who your playing it's just great to see.

Batten looks like he could be a player. I'd expect him to get time in quite a bit as a backup at just about every LB spot.

Not enough of Moats, Florence, Nelson, and Spiller

Chandler might be our answer at TE. The guy is huge. I love that about him.

With all the cuts and trades of the old regimes players, Moorman might want to put his house up for the sale. The young punter (sorry I don't know his name) looked decent.

That's all I got. Thoughts? Anything you completely disagree with? Anything I missed?

It's time to get Carrington and Batten in the mix with the first team, at least in practice.

Like what I saw (obviously) from Dareus and Merriman, we know what we're getting with them. Let's do all in power to keep Lights Out healthy.

First team O Line wasn't horrible. Urbik definitely struggled a bit, not totally awful but I think it might be time to give Hangartner some first team reps at RG this week in practice.

Second team O Line was absolutely, disgustingly bad. Wang has no reason to make this team, same with Wrotto and Howard. I understand it's early but someone needs to find it or we're in big trouble if we ever have an injury on the first team.

Not going to judge Thigpen all that much yet. Joe B on WGR made a good point that he only had 7 accumulative practices thus far with the Bills. I have patience with him.

Easley wasn't involved as much with the offense as much I hoped. I also understand you don't want your number 1 guys returning kicks in the pre season but I don't understand why they picked him to return. He needs to step it up and so does Jones but they do have time.

First team O was overall solid, neither good nor bad. Freddy is Freddy and he'll again be the cornerstone of our offense. But i would like to see them spread it out a little more against Denver, hit some mid range passes instead of the quick slant routes. Although they did move the ball efficiently their second drive, like I said not particularly good or bad.

Pumped for Denver, less excuses with a game and another week of practice under their belts.

Edited by bills1960

We lose 27-10 and one of our young receivers gets hurt and is placed on IR (lost for the year). Our offensive line is horrible and allows 4 sacks and very little room for the running game. The only positive is that our undrafted free agent punter does well which leads him to make the roster over Moorman as another cost cutting move.

Wrong on basically everything

First team D looked great, in my opinion. Merriman did get his sacks on Hanie, but it was great to see. Dareus looked solid. Couldn't be happier here.

I thought Fitzpatrick had one bad throw on the 3rd and 11. All his other throws outside of the OPI and the tipped slant were on target. For the most part, he looked solid and did what was needed for the vanilla play calls.

Thigpen looked lost at times.

Buster Davis does nothing for me.

Like others have said, I'm really liking what I see from Johnny White. Nice burst, nice feet. Looking forward to seeing more of him behind the first team o line.

Every single one of our backup linemen, outside of Hangartner, is terrible. Terrible. Wang was terrible. Wrotto was terrible.

Maybin was on camera a lot, but didn't even show up against second and third team D's today. I want to have any sort of faith that he's turning the corner... but nope. Time to go.

Jasper is a freaking giant. He got some nice push on the Williams interception but overall looked a little slower than I was hoping. I thought Heard looked considerably better.

Levi Brown has no place on this team with the new 3rd QB rules.

Did anyone expect Nesbitt to ever throw the ball?

Kahlil Bell reminds me of Willie Parker in the Steelers game in 2004. Not because of his style, but because even though they were both third stringers, they're better than that IMO. I think Bell is going to be a good back when he gets a chance.

Anyone who is thinking about NFL Preseason Live, it's great. Easy to pause, FF, rewind, etc... great quality too.

Now that the game is over here's my outlook for the players:

1st and most important, Merriman looks just nasty. IF he stays healthy I would imagine double digit sacks is gonna be as sure a thing as you can get.

Dareus looks really good. Doesn't look like a rookie. Finally the immediate first round impact we've been looking for.

Williams is going to be even better sitting next to these guys. If were healthy, offenses are going to have troubles blocking all these guys.

Aaron Williams will be a starter in time. He's going to put McGee or McKelvin at the nickle by the end of the year.

The OLine is really thin. I like the left side of the line but worried about the right side. You could see Hangman start at RG by the opener.

Rosevelt is really good for an UDFA. He catches everything he gets his hands on. Runs good routes. I'm not saying he'll be a 2 but he's got promise.

Brad Smith is going to be in plenty.

Jasper looks like a project and he better get better soon because Heard is fighting for a job too and right now he's looking much better.

Troupe and Carrington both looked better than last year. I have high hopes for them.

Couldn't get a good look at the WRs without Lee but Stevie did have 3 catches in a quarter. I'm thinking he'll be just fine.

The pressure of the front 3 or 4 was great all game. 9 sacks is just rediculous I don't care who your playing it's just great to see.

Batten looks like he could be a player. I'd expect him to get time in quite a bit as a backup at just about every LB spot.

Not enough of Moats, Florence, Nelson, and Spiller

Chandler might be our answer at TE. The guy is huge. I love that about him.

With all the cuts and trades of the old regimes players, Moorman might want to put his house up for the sale. The young punter (sorry I don't know his name) looked decent.

That's all I got. Thoughts? Anything you completely disagree with? Anything I missed?

All I'll say is temper it some. If half those question marks coming back positive is true, then we were immensely lucky. To hit on all these guys would be like winning the lottery, two drawings in a row.

Jasper went from fun prospect to probable cut tonight. Doesn't look like he cuts it athletically

He's a practice squad guy. In a year, we will re-evaluate. In the meantime, he's big and strong. Valuable guy to have if only for our centers to practice against someone with his size.