Roscoe is Hurt

saundena

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6851925/buffalo-bills-roscoe-parrish-miss-first-preseason-game-leg-injury

I really think he is going to be the odd man out. He doesn't have the greatest durability and he's getting older. We have good WR depth and I say they trade him for a late round pick (or maybe a starting LT :D )

Parish injured? Theres a shock. I can't believe a guy that is 5-9 160 lbs keeps getting hurt...wierd. I know Gailey loves this guy, but I'd rather see one of our young prospects take his roster spot. Parrish is a part time player at best, and thats only for the few weeks a year he's healthy.

This part about Davis doesn't sound too good either...

"The Bills lost another receiver when Craig Davis left practice after losing his wind, according to Gailey. The coach said Davis is expected to be fine."

Really? He's on the injury report for "losing his wind"? Nice

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Roscoe's injury history is a concern, yes, but there's almost no chance he's the odd man out at receiver. He was very productive last year in this offense, and I think Gailey really likes the explosiveness he provides out of the slot; particularly on 3rd downs.

Unless he's got a season-ending injury, I would be shocked if he doesn't open the season as the #3.

Perhaps this meant that he had gas?

The recap said that he got most of the first AND second team reps, so he was just tired from an insane work load.

A lot of posters don't think Davis is going to make the team...But I think Nix has already made up his mind, he loves this guy from his SD scouting days. Roosevelt better hope Parrish continues to get hurt every play (which he probably will).

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I saw the play last night that Parrish came out. The ball was a bit overthrown and Parrish ran hard for it. He didnt get there in time, but continued running to end zone, then slowly walked back down the sideline while practice resumed. He walked over to what I assume were trainers and they briefly looked at his leg. He didnt appear to be limping or anything, just walking slow. They didnt seem to be that concerned, just stood there and talked. He took his helmet off and his night was over (this was late in practice). Its possible its all precautionary?

A lot of posters don't think Davis is going to make the team...But I think Nix has already made up his mind, he loves this guy from his SD scouting days. Roosevelt better hope Parrish continues to get hurt every play (which he probably will).

I agree with you. I think Buster has the "Nix love" factor. I think Gailey may not be sold, and the compromise is give him a lot of work so there's a lot of data to evaluate.

I think Nix is hoping Buster makes Evans expendable, so far I'm not seeing it.

I think the player who gets (figuratively) hurt most by "Buster love" is likely to be Easley, unless he can really light it up the rest of camp/preseason.

Sounds like it could be a hamstring.

I think thats what Chris Brown reported after practice.

I dont remember seeing him grabbing at his leg (unless Im thinking of the wrong play). You could tell something was wrong, he was favoring his leg, but it didnt seem like it was a concern. I guess theres not much you can do with a hamstring injury, just time and rest. Isnt that one of those injuries that nag some players an entire season?

Edited by gflande1

I saw the play last night that Parrish came out. The ball was a bit overthrown and Parrish ran hard for it. He didnt get there in time, but continued running to end zone, then slowly walked back down the sideline while practice resumed. He walked over to what I assume were trainers and they briefly looked at his leg. He didnt appear to be limping or anything, just walking slow. They didnt seem to be that concerned, just stood there and talked. He took his helmet off and his night was over (this was late in practice). Its possible its all precautionary?

AQccording to Gailey it is precautionary. He felt a slight tweak in the hamstring that he previously injured so they held him out. Roscoe will be fine and he will be the slot receiver. No chance he will not be.

Parish injured? Theres a shock. I can't believe a guy that is 5-9 160 lbs keeps getting hurt...wierd. I know Gailey loves this guy, but I'd rather see one of our young prospects take his roster spot. Parrish is a part time player at best, and thats only for the few weeks a year he's healthy.

This part about Davis doesn't sound too good either...

"The Bills lost another receiver when Craig Davis left practice after losing his wind, according to Gailey. The coach said Davis is expected to be fine."

OK, I'll bite...

2006 16 games

2007 16 games

2008 13 games

2009 12 games

2010 10 games

Yes, 09-10 he has seen some time off, but his durability is a far cry from what you seem to be making of it. He'll be the teams #3 starting day.

I heard on Bills Round Up that he just aggravated his hamstring again, that doesn't seem too serious. This can actually be huge for a guy like Donald Jones who is a slot receiver and will most likely get some major time on Saturday.

OK, I'll bite...

2006 16 games

2007 16 games

2008 13 games

2009 12 games

2010 10 games

Yes, 09-10 he has seen some time off, but his durability is a far cry from what you seem to be making of it. He'll be the teams #3 starting day.

Actually I think what you posted there actually verifies exactly what I was making of it. As his playing time has gone up, his games played has gone down. What you just presented shows that he is playing less and less every year due to injury. That also doesn't include the various games which he was forced to leave early.

Actually I think what you posted there actually verifies exactly what I was making of it. As his playing time has gone up, his games played has gone down. What you just presented shows that he is playing less and less every year due to injury. That also doesn't include the various games which he was forced to leave early.

+1

Precautionary? That's CERTAIN.

Gailey doesn't want another Fred Jackson scenario (injured on first preseason play).

Roscoe is a lock. He's not going anywhere. If you think otherwise, you're in la-la land.

We need him for Weeks 1-17. He's vital to Gailey's offense, as we saw last year. We finally have a playcaller and a QB who can maximize on his talents, now we need to safeguard against his size.

If he doesn't play a single preseason down, I wouldn't be shocked OR alarmed.

Also, and I don't mean to inject this argument, so let's not follow it, please. BUT, given the trade rumors surrounding Evans, and the ones last year surrounding Lynch. An injury to Parish can severely compromise our leverage, a la the injury Jackson sustained last year.

Again, live and learn. We need Roscoe. We DON'T need him for preseason.

Edited by The Big Cat