Jared Gaither

PS 56

Andrews on top of his game is also a better player than Clabo as well. When in Philly, he was considered the best guard in the league, and a very good RT since. Don't believe me about the best guard in the league, go check out Haloti Ngata in his first preseason NFL game vs him. Many O-line and D-lone coaches thought that at the time.

Shawn Andrews is a very very good player. He was supposed to make ridiculous money with the Giants this year, and that was the sole reason they got rid of him. Just like the rest of their Oline that they let go, they are pretty well starting fresh, and Andrews was a big cap hit. In the past, Shawn had issues with clinical depression which can be very serious. Whenever that has been under control in his career (college & pro) he has been an absolute star. He has finally worked out his issues, and got himself on whatever medication is neccesary to keep this from recurring. I would LOVE to have Andrews in Buffalo. Its a pipe dream, but it would really make this line start to be impressive.

Andrews on top of his game is also a better player than Clabo as well. When in Philly, he was considered the best guard in the league, and a very good RT since. Don't believe me about the best guard in the league, go check out Haloti Ngata in his first preseason NFL game vs him. Many O-line and D-lone coaches thought that at the time.

Edited by coseybedaman

Shawn Andrews is a very very good player. He was supposed to make ridiculous money with the Giants this year, and that was the sole reason they got rid of him. Just like the rest of their Oline that they let go, they are pretty well starting fresh, and Andrews was a big cap hit. In the past, Shawn had issues with clinical depression which can be very serious. Whenever that has been under control in his career (college & pro) he has been an absolute star. He has finally worked out his issues, and got himself on whatever medication is neccesary to keep this from recurring. I would LOVE to have Andrews in Buffalo. Its a pipe dream, but it would really make this line start to be impressive.

Does Shawn Andrews have any injury or weight problem or was he strictly a cap cut?

Max Starks has a neck injury and weight issues

Mckinnie has just weight issues maybe age

Gaither has back issues

Walker has no issues that I know of except not that great

Herman Johnson is Huge but I guess he can't play

As far as I know the only issues Andrews ever had were the depression issues. If anyone else knows anything please bring it to light, because this just makes too much sense ( which in itself makes it a typical non-Buffalo Bills move). We like our guys, we think they can develope into other teams practice squad material for a year or two.... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Yes its just been the depression issues, and a "lack of work ethic". Anyone who has ever suffered any kind of depression understands exactly what that is like so they kind of go hand and hand. Andrews is sort of an oddball character, but definitely a very good football player. I doubt we are even interested though. Why bring in a solid veteran tackle when you already have a roster full of scrubs at that position.

eehh, i'm a thinking we Are getting a little concerned after the Bell injury. i think something is in the works, geez i hope so.

Yes its just been the depression issues, and a "lack of work ethic". Anyone who has ever suffered any kind of depression understands exactly what that is like so they kind of go hand and hand. Andrews is sort of an oddball character, but definitely a very good football player. I doubt we are even interested though. Why bring in a solid veteran tackle when you already have a roster full of scrubs at that position.

Bell is practicing today, as for Andrews he went MIA on Philadelphia and after returning missed most of the 2008 season with a back injury that eventually required surgery. He then missed all of 2009 after re injuring the back. The injury also flared up mid season last year resulting in hospitalization My link and games missed. This guy sounds as bad or worse than Gaither when it comes to injury history.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

I'd like Shawn Andrews for RT so we can groom Hairston slowly for the swing tackle role. I think he has a good 5 years left and he played good last year. Supposedly he is past his depression problems as well. Don't know why he isn't getting any looks....anyone know something about that?

Buddy already signed Erik Pears, Colin Brown, Mansfield Wrotto, and drafted Chris Hairston along with Ed Wang. I think the OT position is in good shape. ;)

Starting to look that Gaither may be done, at least for this year. Whats the rule on passing physicals? Does failing in Oak mean he can't pass anywhere else? McCargo failed in Indy but was back on the roster in Buffalo. Are there legal lability issues for the teams that might be scaring them off?

Just salary being paid- one team might risk an injury someone else wouldn't given the paycheck

I know posting this will get lot of you fired up but what about that Tony Washington that nobody drafted last Year, because he was well a perve is saying it nicely...

Maybe no one really rated his play as high as the kipers/mcshays.... Wouldn't be the first time

Honest question because I haven't been to camp: how is Pears looking? You can never have enough linemen but are people just trying to sign players for the sake of signing them? Clabo was a UDFA and bounced around. However on ATL with a committment to him, he became a borderline pro bowl player and the apple of TBD's eye.

Gaither is looking for one last payday. He is thought of as lazy and has one of the worst injuires an athlete could have. I guess if it was a cheap enough deal, I'd bring him in for a look. But depending on how Pears and the other young guys are progressing, I really don't know how much of an upgrade Gaither would be at this point.