Power Rankings

I just laugh when I look at these things. Bills at 31 doesn't seem right to me. I just don't think they are one of the worst 5 teams. I think Oakland and Miami are both much to high. What do you guys think of these early "rankings?"

Power rankings are like ceramic dalmatians...nice to look at, but they don't do anything for me.

The regular season standings are what count in my book.

People, please! We can all THINK whatever we want about what we HOPE the Bills will do this year, but preseason power rankings and predictions are based upon one thing, and one thing only -- PAST PERFORMANCE.

There is nothing in the Bills' recent past to suggest they should be ranked any higher than the bottom five teams in the league, UNTIL THEY PROVE DIFFERENTLY.

Getting one's panties in a wad over these reports is a pointless exercise (and can lead to chafing).

People, please! We can all THINK whatever we want about what we HOPE the Bills will do this year, but preseason power rankings and predictions are based upon one thing, and one thing only -- PAST PERFORMANCE.

There is nothing in the Bills' recent past to suggest they should be ranked any higher than the bottom five teams in the league, UNTIL THEY PROVE DIFFERENTLY.

Getting one's panties in a wad over these reports is a pointless exercise (and can lead to chafing).

If you want to base it on last season wouldn't you at least base it on the last half of the year then? You know when the Bills went 4-4 and lost 3 O.T. games and another to the Bears by just a FG? Just a thought.

If you want to base it on last season wouldn't you at least base it on the last half of the year then? You know when the Bills went 4-4 and lost 3 O.T. games and another to the Bears by just a FG? Just a thought.

No. You would base it on the entire 4-12 season.

But like eball said, no reason to get your panties in a bunch before even the first preseason game is played.

I am hating espn and sportscenter and any other espn football pesentation for one reason, when they talk about the AFC East it seems like we dont exist, im not wanting a 30 minute special on us, just slight reconigition that we do actually exist as a football team

Last preseason we whined about the rankings too.

And then we finished 4-12.

I, for one, did not contemplate the train wreck that would result from a switch in defensive philosophy, nor did I realize said philosophy would consist of key strategic initiatives such as "let them run at will."

Many of us were also still under the misconception Trentative was a legitimate NFL QB.

You live and learn.

I posted this yesterday with the link and now its gone.... thats weird, I must have done soemthing wrong. Do you see where the raiders are? That is absolutely crazy I dont care if they swept their division they are garbage.

John Clayton - It's because of this DipS**T was the main AFCEAST reporter on these rankings. Biggest waste of human life in existance...

Pretty harsh there bud... What have the Bills done to change this perspective? I know we'll see this year won't we...

And only beat the lions, dolphins and browns by a combined 12?

Only one thing more useless than power rankings...preseason power rankings.

Use your own eyes if you want an accurate picture of how the team is doing right now. Go to a camp practice. If you can't, then read mike's reports from camp.

Only problem when using that for a ranking? Your ignoring 31 other teams that are looking good in shorts.

I'd have to rank us between 31 and 29 right now. We won 4 games last year and haven't played a down since. I didn't see any superstar signings in free agency or trades that would greatly influence the rankings. we suck until we prove we don't suck...that's the way it is. Nine wins and we will be on the upswing.

I like being ranked last, cause then when you start winning you get more attention cause your not suppose to be winning, and then you start to get more fans because they like seeing the under dog come from behind and start winning....So Shhhhhhhh..... :ph34r: ..Don't let'em know we like being ranked at the bottom...