Bills bars across the nation

bobs0108

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moved to Boston about 6 years ago and started going to the Harp for Bills games. Met a lot of great people there and had some fun. Two years ago I switched to Bleacher Bar because the food and beer specials were a bit easier on the wallet and it was closer to my apartment. Not trying to bad mouth The Harp but I enjoy my Sunday's at Bleacher Bar a bit more.

I find the crowd at Bleacher more social and welcoming. I think that is a product of Bleacher Bar having fewer tables so people are forced to stand for parts of the game which forces you to interact with others.

Each bar has their strengths and this is my advice:

If you are looking to sit down at a table, order a sandwhich, drink a coule beers and talk to your friends while watching the Bills - go to The Harp.

If you are looking to meet some people, take shots of Crown, and high five strangers while watching the Bills - go to Bleacher Bar.

Nothing wrong with either approach.

He sure does. Maybe not for every game, since he doesn't live in SJ anymore, but Kevin, AKA "Wacka", comes to a good amount of games.

Feel free to come by this season. We're always looking for more fans.

That's great SJ. Are you going to be there this weekend?

I was gonna Mark but just received word today that I have to work.

We have some Buffalo friends visiting for week 2 and will try to bring them by. Have a great time watching the victory!

i live in okc. the online listed bills backers bar is a wild wings, where i saw 1 bills fan. pretty ****ty. i have to watch at home. i have been to mcfaddens in nyc and delilahs in chicago. i wish i had one here, but sadly i spend 350 for sunday ticket on my computer because my apt doesnt face the right direction for dtv.

fml

I am going to apologize up front if this has already been discussed before but I think it may be a good thread since alot of us are not from Buffalo and tend to travel during the year. I would like people to post known bill's bars (and address if known) that are in other cities. I personally missed last year except for online games since I moved down to Houston area(Katy TX to be exact where Tyler Meyers was born) and would like to watch a few games around bills fans. If this thread is worthless mods please erase but I will be a sad panda

Is ther a good Bills bar in Bora Bora? (I think they take any kind of Bills there!)

While McFadden's is the "official" NYC Bills Backers bar here on Sundays they do not hold the monopoly on Buffalo Fan support in the Big Apple. Thanks to the mass exodus of Buffalonians to New York City in the past ten years, you can walk in just about any establishment with NFL Sunday Ticket and you'll find a group, some big some small, of ex-pats cheering on the only REAL New York team.

After Jimmy's Bait Shack (92nd St and 3rd) put the kibosh on Bills games I was left wandering until next season I found Bonnies Grill in Park Slope. Bonnies is great for the food (REAL Buffalo Wings, Beef on Weck etc...as well as some of the best burgers in the borough) and laid backed-ness of Brooklyn but you have to get there early to score a good seat in order to view the smallish TV's (since upgraded to larger screens.)

So, three seasons back (four maybe?)I'm walking up 5th Ave from Bonnies to the Subway after a game and I see groups of Bills-clad guys and gals passing me. I thought this strange as the game was over and they were headed toward Bonnies. Turns out there we're two other bars on the same block devoting screens to groups of Buffalo fans. I found the same thing in Williamsburg and Greenpoint last season.

Basically, NYC is teeming with Bills fans.

Hey, we never claim to have a monopoly, we encourage other bars to show games and even promote them, especially Bonnies and the groups in NJ as not everybody can make it into Manhattan every week. I've actually always wanted to watch a game at Bonnies, been there a couple times in the offseason for wings and beef on weck. I'm going to try watching the game from McFadden's instead of Calicos for the first time in years just to see what goes on there nowadays.

NYC Bills Backers

www.nycbbb.com

Just e-mailed to see if it's still showing games, but as of last year, they were showing the games in Hoboken at Northern Soul -- really nice vibe, good group and cool bartenders. Good alternative to McFadden's overcrowds (although calico jack's overflow is usually a great mix of passion and not-getting-jostledness -- although sitting at the bar with 3 dollar drinks, the second half is often a bit blurry for me).

Did you hear back? I was hoping to head there tomorrow. Had a good time last season.

Anyone know of a bar in Hawaii on the island of Oahu to watch Bills games at? If there isn't, I've got a big screen TV, Sunday Ticket, and a wife whose OK with me cooking chicken wings and drinking beer at 6 a.m. prior to the 7 a.m. (Hawaii Time) kickoff. Any Bills fans with a military ID to get on base are welcome.

Atlanta, GA:

Hudson Grille Midtown

942 Peachtree Road

Atlanta, GA 30309

404.881.9991 (fax)

hudsongrillemidtown@metrocafes.com

http://www.billsbackersatl.com/

We recently switched locations 2 seasons ago, but did so to follow the staff/management/ownership from our previous Bills bar (Cheyenne Grill).

Hudson will also show Sabres games during hockey season, and have even put on Bisons games for us.

If you're in town, stop in!!

See ya there!

This needs to have a permanent location on the site, for this season.

See ya there!

This needs to have a permanent location on the site, for this season.

This sub-forum exists but none of the moderators seem to reference it during threads like this one.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/forum/5-bills-backers-forum/

I have no idea why it's not mentioned.

I was gonna Mark but just received word today that I have to work.

We have some Buffalo friends visiting for week 2 and will try to bring them by. Have a great time watching the victory!

To bad you can't make it tomorrow, but I look forward to seeing you next week.