Five teams that made the playoffs last year - won't this year.

SDS

In the AFC, I'll go with KC and <gasp> the Jets. San Diego will knock KC off the AFC West perch, and their record won't be good enough for a WC. Ryan's Jets are due for a crash landing; they've lived off smoke and mirrors for the past two seasons, and lost a lot of talent this offseason. Their two new WRs have no chemistry with Sanchez, one who is 37 and the other who hasn't played football in two years.

In the NFC, Seattle's easy. I'll also knock Chicago out of there.

That leaves one more team. Tough decision -- I have a nagging feeling this may be the year the Colts stumble, but it's hard to bet against Peyton. Maybe Baltimore? I just don't see the Pats*, Steelers, Eagles, Packers, Falcons, or Saints failing to make the postseason.

Excellent topic.

1. KC - not sure they can do it again.

2. Jets - that blowhard Ryan will run out of wind. Also, Dirty Sanchez isn't that good. And they lost some key players.

3. Seattle - Nope.

4. Chicago - Nuh-uh. Got a bad feeling about them.

5. Philly - too many new players to gel in a short period, and they are still just an injury or two away from destruction. Just because you win the FA season, doesn't mean you win the regular season.

What say you?

Great Fun. I'll play:

I'll say Pats (o-line's very changed, Brady will get gun-shy, and Jets/Bills hand them 3 losses between them), Indy (Houston gets a pass rush and Peyton won't last the season IMHO), Baltimore (Ray Lewis's age catches up with him), Seattle, Chicago.

Forgot to add replacements:

Tampa Bay moves closer to GB and gets a Wild Card, edging a surprising Detroit, who lose out late,

Houston edges Colts out of playoffs in their division,

Cowboys come back in,

49'ers take the NFC West,

and the Buffalo Bills edge the Jets/Pats out.

Edited by Astrobot

It does seem easy to kick out Seattle, KC given both 'West's weren't really won last year, But after those, it really is a toss-up. Too much change in Philly & NYJ to believe in and I think the Saints topped off and may falter.

Replacing them? San Diego, Tampa Bay, Minny (it's now or never) Arizona and BUFFALO!

Only picking 4

KC will have a hard time staying on top of SD again. You could put the Ravens here instead. They battle for the WC spot

Seattle, needs no reason...

Chicago, they look like they only got better in the offseason, so I am doubtful about this one

They obviously have GB to deal with though.

Jets, I think they take a step back this year, they made a ton of changes. The Patriots should win the division again, with the Jets getting beat out by the Colts and Ravens (or KC) for the WC.

Teams that will take their place?

SD - Division

St louis -Division

Tampa Bay - WC

Houston - Division

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Great Fun. I'll play:

I'll say Pats (o-line's very changed, Brady will get gun-shy, and Jets/Bills hand them 3 losses between them), Indy (Peyton won't last the season IMHO), Baltimore (Ray Lewis's age catches up with him), Seattle, Chicago.

pats will not only make the playoffs, they could very well push that 16-0 needle again. they are a juggernaut. any reason you have to be optimistic about buffalo this year, multiply it by 100 for them. a young team with an added year of chemistry, and some solid free agent pickups, and the greatest qb in the game, coming off a 14-2 season? they won't miss the playoffs.

a kansas city or indy not making the playoffs scenario has a 0% impact on our playoff chances. SOMEONE has to come out of the south and the west.

let's hope its baltimore and the jets that stumble.

i've said it before though, and ill keep saying it til they go 6-10 this year: the jets are not a great football team, despite playing in back to back title games. sanchez isn't a good qb, and their receiving corps is garbage now. defense wins chmapionships, but offense gets you to the playoffs.

Chicago: They never seem to be good two years in a row.

Seattle: Only got in last year because they were the least horrible in a bad division.

New England: I think the team has started the slow slide to mediocrity.

Philadelphia: The football gods shun attempts at buying a ring.

New Orleans Saints: I think the Falcons and Bucs will keep them out this year.

Chicago/Seattle are the no brainers.

Sorta shocked that folks are down on the Chiefs, and the Pats did finish the season 14-2.

Atlanta's tough to bet against since they had the best regular season record, but I think they're vulnerable.

And the Pack has their division WRAPPED THE F UP.

That leaves the Jets, Ravens, Saints, Eagles and Colts.

So I'll go with:

2. Chicago
  3. Seattle
  4. Hotlanta
  5. Indy
  6. New York

I think it's finally time for the Texans to de-throne Manning and Co. And I think the Pats will win our division.

Wild Card race goes between KC/San Diego, Bills, NYJ, Indy and Baltimore.