the thought of jack del rio keeping us out

nodnarb

symptoms include terse, high-volume responses to any question asked of me, an inability to stop pacing in front of the GB game, a desire for scotch, clenched teeth, and a conscious nightmre that involves nate clements and a 4th and game pass in september.

What the Favre is going on out there?

Seriously, is there a coach that acts like a bigger jackass on the sidelines?  Jack delRio = Wayne Fontes.

167607[/snapback]

While the Packer player was laying unconscioius on the sideline, I saw Del Rio laughing it up with someone on the sideline. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

CW

While the Packer player was laying unconscioius on the sideline, I saw Del Rio laughing it up with someone on the sideline.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

CW

167650[/snapback]

He was a jackass as a LB. Guess nothing has changed.

Guest BackInDaDay
While the Packer player was laying unconscioius on the sideline, I saw Del Rio laughing it up with someone on the sideline.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

CW

167650[/snapback]

Saw that too. Yukkin' it up with his LB (#54) :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: DelRio....

...and the freakin' refs must have decided the best way to stay warm was to get as involved as the players... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Ed Hockmya$$ !

I am the biggest Nate Clements basher on this board, and there is ZERO excuse for him losing the game for the BIG BONEHEAD.

That said, we really, in all fairness, cannot assume that just because we lost that game that we can assume all other games would have played out as they did. If we were 1-3 instead of 0-4, perhaps we would not have regrouped like we did. Perhaps if we won the first we wouldnt have blown it in the second against Oakland. The point is only that we cannot look at the first game as a one play loss, even though it was, and then just assume the entire season would have played out the same. It simply wouldn't have.

I am the biggest Nate Clements basher on this board, and there is ZERO excuse for him losing the game for the BIG BONEHEAD.

That said, we really, in all fairness, cannot assume that just because we lost that game that we can assume all other games would have played out as they did. If we were 1-3 instead of 0-4, perhaps we would not have regrouped like we did. Perhaps if we won the first we wouldnt have blown it in the second against Oakland. The point is only that we cannot look at the first game as a one play loss, even though it was, and then just assume the entire season would have played out the same. It simply wouldn't have.

167734[/snapback]

thief - see my thread posted at 7:50.... :doh:

167734[/snapback]

Fair point. Can't blame the season on NC, and really I wouldn't call a 10-6 season a failure regardless. BUUUUUT, just for the sake of argument, as much as I might buy into your butterfly effect theory, I'd think it's more likely that had the Bills won that game against Jax they would've been more confident in the early part of the season, with the likely outcome that we could've won a few of those other ones we lost... in other words, 12-4 would've been within the realm of possibility.

Fair point.  Can't blame the season on NC, and really I wouldn't call a 10-6 season a failure regardless.  BUUUUUT, just for the sake of argument, as much as I might buy into your butterfly effect theory, I'd think it's more likely that had the Bills won that game against Jax they would've been more confident in the early part of the season, with the likely outcome that we could've won a few of those other ones we lost... in other words, 12-4 would've been within the realm of possibility.

167772[/snapback]

moving one from the loss column and putting it in the win column would obviously be a good thing in most scenarios - but the bottom line is we just don't know. Maybe a bunch of happy Bills jumps on Lee Evans and he strains his back. Nobody knows.

moving one from the loss column and putting it in the win column would obviously be a good thing in most scenarios - but the bottom line is we just don't know.  Maybe a bunch of happy Bills jumps on Lee Evans and he strains his back.  Nobody knows.

167779[/snapback]

A la Gus Ferotte giving himself a concussion while celebrating (or even better, AJ Feeley getting hurt by getting slapped on the ass by a teammate)?

Fair point.  Can't blame the season on NC, and really I wouldn't call a 10-6 season a failure regardless.  BUUUUUT, just for the sake of argument, as much as I might buy into your butterfly effect theory, I'd think it's more likely that had the Bills won that game against Jax they would've been more confident in the early part of the season, with the likely outcome that we could've won a few of those other ones we lost... in other words, 12-4 would've been within the realm of possibility.

167772[/snapback]

I agree with that completely. I am just saying we cannot as fans just add one win to this season because of that play. Everything would have been different. It would have played out similar, but not the same, and no one can say if we would have won one more game or two, or lost one more game or two. Frankly, like you, i think if Nate makes that play we are 10-4 or 9-5 right now, but NOT because all of the games would have played out exactly as they did.

symptoms include terse, high-volume responses to any question asked of me, an inability to stop pacing in front of the GB game, a desire for scotch, clenched teeth, and a conscious nightmre that involves nate clements and a 4th and game pass in september.

What the Favre is going on out there?

167603[/snapback]

I don't understand this clements bashing....Why can't Mularkey be blamed

for not challenging the goaline Henry TD call against the Raiders...

Why can't Jerry Gray be bashed for being unable to stop the Jets from

marching to the winning FG when we scored the TD to take the lead...

Why can't DB be bashed (not that he is not yet ever :-)) for making the

stupid fumble that was returned for a TD when we were just down by

7 and driving towards the NE endzone...

We can go on and on....but those are over....We have to figure out how to

win the next 2 and hope Baltimore and Jax drop 1 of 2.

167826[/snapback]

I think the disparity has to do with the fact that Nate basically admitted after the game that he had a mental screw-up and was going for the pick. I think that really rubbed a lot of us the wrong way - fair or unfair, it smacks of the type of me-firstness that is rampant in the League these days and that costs teams games. That being said, I do NOT think Nate is that type of guy - he just has some serious brainfarts every once in awhile, for whatever reason.

167826[/snapback]

IMO it is justified because there are VERY few if any plays in any one game that one can say, WITHOUT QUESTION, if this play is made there is a win or a loss. If Nate makes that simple play, the game is OVER. It is not an opinion it is a fact. Most other game-turning plays, one really doesn't know for sure how that game would have turned out had the play been made differently. On this, it was fourth down. The Bills would have had the ball and sat on it.

Not only that, but it was ridiculously stupid. Even if he made the play, which he didn't, but EVEN if he made a remarkable catch and interception IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A BAD PLAY. We would have LOST 36 or so yards. The ONLY play to make is to knock that ball down. He was in position to knock the ball down. The only reason Jimmy Smith was able to make the catch was that Nate decided to jump with two hands to catch the ball. If he would have jumped just to knock the ball down, like a 7th grader would have done, Jimmy Smith would not have been able to wrestle the ball away from him.

Nate was one of few plays over an entire season when one can say, with ALL certainty, that if you make the simple play it is a win and not a loss.

I don't blame the 1st Super Bowl loss on Norwood,

and I don't blame the Jax loss on Nate.

Both games never should've come down to the last drives.

Nate is having a great year. He's playing at a very high level right now,

and he still has plenty of upside. I'd say he's earning his salary this year.

I don't blame the 1st Super Bowl loss on Norwood,

and I don't blame the Jax loss on Nate.

Both games never should've come down to the last drives.

Nate is having a great year. He's playing at a very high level right now,

and he still has plenty of upside. I'd say he's earning his salary this year.

167865[/snapback]

That's pretty much how I see it as well....

At this point nothing is going to get in the way of how much I appreciate the team oriented turnaround the Bills displayed this year. The Playoffs this year have been a long shot for a while now but the direction the team is headed is most encouraging.