Fitzpatrick and Thigpen

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/08/05/what-gailey-told-thigpen/

Thigpen has been showing good stuff in practice, so has Fitz. On BuffaloBills.com Chan told Thigpen Fitz is the man going in. Not to overly start anything; but, overall for the long run isn't Thigpen the better deal? Feet, arm, head, etc.... If you remember last year Chan liked a more mobile Qb and hinted around before he chose Edwards that the one he had in mind had better feet. So I just wonder, will there be a change before the season, or possibly by week 1 or 2? While I never had anything against Fitz I just believe Thigpen has a way better skill set to play the position. Thoughts?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we finally have a #1 QB and bills fans go into "QB controversy" withdrawl. I'll blame ralph and wade phillips on this. The idea of having an entrenched #1 is foreign to any bills fan 18 and under.

translation - you young kids (yes I'm old at30) - get behind fitz-magic.

Edited by rpcolosi

we finally have a #1 QB and bills fans go into "QB controversy" withdrawl. I'll blame ralph and wade phillips on this. The idea of having an entrenched #1 is foreign to any bills fan 18 and under.

Google "Lamonica" and "Kemp"

For all the hoopla about Tyler and Coach Gailey, Fitz had a much better year under Coach Gailey than Tyler did in 2008. Fitz threw 23 TDs to Tyler's 18. Fitz threw for 3000 yards to Tyler's 2600. And Fitz threw for a higher completion percentage. And Fitz' team won more games. And Fitz did it all in 1 less game. Trent threw for more yards than Tyler that year. I know stats don't tell the whole story, but they also don't lie. It just seems that the Gailey/Thigpen legend grows by the day.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Tyler and Fitz (and Levi and Brad) do in pre season.

I'm thinking Coach Gailey will have Fitz on a medium length leash.

Edited by reddogblitz

Wow this is a topic? I'm feeling great that we have a capable guy as a backup in Thigpen. I'm feeling great that we have a developing #1 starting qb in Fitzgibbons.

I think this debate belongs in the wgr movie thread.

http://blogs.buffalo...y-told-thigpen/

Thigpen has been showing good stuff in practice, so has Fitz. On BuffaloBills.com Chan told Thigpen Fitz is the man going in. Not to overly start anything; but, overall for the long run isn't Thigpen the better deal? Feet, arm, head, etc.... If you remember last year Chan liked a more mobile Qb and hinted around before he chose Edwards that the one he had in mind had better feet. So I just wonder, will there be a change before the season, or possibly by week 1 or 2? While I never had anything against Fitz I just believe Thigpen has a way better skill set to play the position. Thoughts?

Chan will stick with Fitz until Fitz gets injured and can't play or he wants to give TT some mop up time when we're leading the Dolphins 62-1 in the 4th (we feel so sorry for the putrid Porpae, we let them kick an extra point just for the halibut).

Fitzpatrick is certainly an upgrade over what we have seen in recent years behind center for the Bills. He is a long way away from being a franchise QB. He is decent enough to hold down the job while the Bills continue the rebuilding process. At some point though, they will have to address the position on a long term basis either through the draft or by trade. Not this season, it should be a top priority in the coming off-seasons.

Oh, brother. Are you trying to start a QB controversy all ready? Seriously?

I don't understand why QB controversy is being brought up because Tyler looks good in PRACTICE. Practice means nothing, you can't say one QB looks better then an other until they play in a game. Until they are actually under pressure and what they do actually matters, you can't say one looks better than the other. Right now, this is Fitz's team, he deserves a fair shot at being the leader of the Bills. Unless, Fitz is terrible for more than half the season I wouldn't even think of putting in Tyler. We finally have a respectable starter in Fitz, why don't we all get behind him and support the guy.

So many people getting so angry about this thread. While Fitzy is our starter, what he did last year was average. What he did for a BILLS qb was above average. Like many on this board have suggested in the past, we've forgot what to expect from a good qb. Fitzy ha a decent year. A year that bought him a chance to run this team....until he falters. What he did last year does not qualify him as our qb of the future. He earned qb of the offseason and start of the season. The rest is up to him. If he doesn't give chan what he's looking for, thigpen will get his chance this year. Count on it. Not a qb controversy. It's just the way it is. Billieve it.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has a vice grip-like hold on the starters job. He didn't come all the way from a 7th round afterthought pick to a top 15 NFL QB just to let a journeyman guy take it away from him. I know that we Bills fans are used to drama filled QB situations, however this is not one of those.

yep, they wanted TC instead of Jimbo as I remember

Me too and I'm still disgusted by it. The way our fellow Bills fans treated Jimbo in '96 was a disgrace. I can still hear the booing coming through the tv set when it happened. One of the few times that really made me embarrassed to be a Bills fan.