Can anyone say...........

Rockinon

Early reports are that Shawne Merriman has been tearing it up for 3 consecutive practices. Fred Jackson's comment was, "He's back". Wannstache says he's doing everything that everyone else on the team is doing.

Jackson's not the only one who is saying the same thing. WGR's two Bills beat reporters have both said on separate occasions that Merriman has impressed them. On Monday, Paul Hamilton opined that Merriman "dominated," and on Tuesday, Joe Buscaglia said Merriman "shined for the third consecutive day"

You can read more here.

:thumbsup: A big thumbs up to Merriman. Things are shaping up for our defense and right now the loudest noise is being made by this former 3 time Probowl OLB.

That is all......Lights Out.

Early reports are that Shawne Merriman has been tearing it up for 3 consecutive practices. Fred Jackson's comment was, "He's back". Wannstache says he's doing everything that everyone else on the team is doing.

You can read more here.

:thumbsup: A big thumbs up to Merriman. Things are shaping up for our defense and right now the loudest noise is being made by this former 3 time Probowl OLB.

That is all......Lights Out.

With the addition of Barnett, if Merriman stays fully healthy we have some exciting possibilies from our LB's.

has anyone taken into account that he's "dominating" against demetrius bell and erik pears???? i'm not saying he's not "back" but let's see how he does against d'brickashaw ferguson and jake long before we're ready to give him training camp all pro nods...

I thought it was interesting that Moats at ILB is calling the plays for defense on the second stringers because he is familiar with the playbook. Batten is looking good out there at OLB as well. Hope Sheppard gets in there soon.

But, I thought the National Media Experts were laughing at the Bills because they signed Merriman. Especially a former Bills bust himself Bucky Brooks.

Funny that the Bills claiming and then re-signing Merriman was "desperation," yet the Patriots trading for Haynesworth was brilliance. We'll see. :devil:

has anyone taken into account that he's "dominating" against demetrius bell and erik pears???? i'm not saying he's not "back" but let's see how he does against d'brickashaw ferguson and jake long before we're ready to give him training camp all pro nods...

I think people are pumped that he is simply able to practice thus far and looks dominant doing it, even if it is just against the Bills OL. Remember he walked out onto a Bills practice field last year and after about 10 minutes limped off and onto IR. The fact that he seems healthy at least thus far is the cause for the optimism (that and it is August and hope in the Bills is at a yearlong high :) ). By all accounts he looks better now than he has in years.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I'm cautiously excited. The reports are promising, but I still expect something heartbreaking. :(

That's where I'm at.

It's a long winding road of practice and preseason games fraught with peril to Game #1 where the scores count.

I've imagined having a stellar, undefeated preseason, hopes are high and Merriman gets dinged in the first quarter of the last preseason game.

...and how his body holds up off the juice.

Wrong side

...and how his body holds up off the juice.

This is an interesting post, off another board, a guy with the moniker "jcdavey". Don't know anything about the poster, but I would like to see anyone refute something in this history...

if you want the real history of merriman, i am the expert

merriman was caught august 2nd 2006 , from a tainted supplement

he passed 19 out of 20 drug tests before AND directly after that positive test, even roger goodell stuck up for him by releasing those stats.

igor olshansky at the time, said even he had to throw some supplements away because he called up the nfl's 1-800 number and a previously ok ingredient, was now deemed banned.

back then, and i'm not sure if it's still this way, the nfl had a 1-800 number set up for players, to check what they were ingesting, against a list of currently banned substances, and the way igor puts it, it was a really crappy system.

so anyway, merriman tested positive august 2nd, and at the beginning of the season , while he was protesting the test with the nfl (which allowed him to play and practice , during his protest) the news got leaked that he tested positive, which was a clear infringement upon his rights of due process with the nfl in his case.

he was labeled guilty because of the tainted supplement excuse, but even with subsequent negative tests he continued to play out of his mind during 2006, even dropping his fight against the suspension and missing a whole 4 games around oct/nov.

the year after merriman was still good, still a beast but he played the titans late in the season and a dirty sob named kevin mawae, and some TE double teamed him and literally broke him

he was never the same since......

that's the true story , i feel bad for the guy

the thing i always did dislike about merriman though, post-injury, was all his twitter gum flapping

but i , to this day, don't believe he knowingly juiced in 2006....

goodell backs me up on that

oh and you're welcome for the history lesson, he wasn't "gone the first four games" lol

do research