Here's my Training Camp Report and Photos from 8/1/2011

I'm sorry this is late. I was invited to the Red Wings game in a suite today with my work and didn't get the time to finish it before leaving. Hope you like it. Leave me any thoughts or comments in the thread. I did take a ton of photos and they are on photobucket, click on the dated link under the photo to get to the gallery. If you like any of them, just click on them and get the high res size and save it. Enjoy!

Michael

----------------------------------------------------

Monday was the third day of camp and the first day where the team practiced with pads. The players wore shoulder pads and shorts and there was some contact, but nothing major. On the field, the Buffalo Bills team worked on their usual individual drills, 7-on-7, 11-on-11 and some special teams work, including kickoff coverage and punt coverage. The team also went away from all the passing in the 11-on-11 full squad drills and focused more on running the ball and dumping it off to the running backs.

To start the day off, the players split with their own unit, stretched, and then worked on individual drills. The wide receivers caught passes from the quarterbacks, the running backs worked on some footwork drills. I also watched the outside linebackers working on coverage drills and the defensive lineman doing some work with the blocking sleds. The one thing that caught my eye was how Shawne Merriman looked in the blocking drills, he got around his block every time, showed quick speed and nice footwork. I also saw Michael Jasper get several cheers as he flew into the blocking sled and then pounced on top of it. He's a late round sleeper that fans are cheering for every single time and becoming a favorite...... CLICK HERE FOR MORE:

On the next play, Fitzpatrick hit Zack Pianalto for 20-yards.

Pianalto's practicing w/ the 1st unit?

What kind of formations were they using?

nice pics, man those uni's look good!!

and thanks for the play-by-play!

On the next play, Fitzpatrick hit Zack Pianalto for 20-yards.

Pianalto's practicing w/ the 1st unit?

What kind of formations were they using?

nice pics, man those uni's look good!!

and thanks for the play-by-play!

Seeing how it's just Fitz and Brown...they are letting him throw to all the guys at times.

It was very basic formations at the beginning, but now i'm starting to see more shotgun and the 2-back formations.

Edited by Mike32282

Mike,

I just finished your report and ending with the amazing pictures.

Thanks. that is some great work on all counts and i truly enjoyed it. Not quite like being there, but purty darn close.

You have really made my day. Geez i really need to get over there soon and take advantage of the opportunity.

Thanks for the inspirational thread and i hope you will have more for us enthusiastic fans :worthy::thumbsup:

Edited by 3rdand12

That's the most positive thing Darin has written in years.

Not really but I can see how you might say that. I call things the way I see them. When people do good things, I thanks them. When they're retarded mouth breathers, I hit them in the head with a shovel. It's too bad the retarded mouth breathers vastly outnumber those who do good things.

Love it Mike! Thank you for taking the time and keeping us out-of-towners and those without the ability to head to camp up-to-date. I also like the amount of good news coming out of camp.

GO BILLS!!