Osi UmenYiora

The Bills will have too high of a pick to risk that, I bet the Jets throw it at them since it should be in the late 20s for a pick. Would love to have a pass rush here though......

I only watched him play one game last year, and that was against the Eagles, but Jason Peters just ate him up. He's 29, probably on the downside of his career, and isn't going to be the difference between us getting in or not getting into the playoffs. We have to have a longer term view and keep the draft picks to build a real contending team.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we not care about him being a 4-3 end without a position on our team, are we hoping he can play OLB, or are we banking on switching to the 43 with this proposed trade?

When you have a talent like him, you run your D to his strengths. More importantly, we are going to be a hybrid of sorts bouncing between 4-3 and 3-4...he can line up DE in 4-3 and OLB in 3-4...

I wonder if a Bills 2nd Rounder could do it....

im with ya,,, id do a second or trade mckelvin, toss in a 5th or 6th rd pick

does osi ever play left side? he listed as rde , but to slot him in our defense it would make more sense to have him opposite merriman,,?? (replacing kelsay)

Osi could easily play the OLB position in my book, however this is not a move the Bills would ever consider. We all know that. This guy is way too big a star for Buffalo to try and bring him in. If that was the case we should have our star tackles and tight end by now because those are available this year as well and we didnt bother. Osi is a total pipe dream, and even if we ran a 4-3 you know this is not the kind of guy the Bills would ever consider. He is a bit of a cry baby, but he is an unbelievable player. Anyone who thinks he is on the downside or that he has lost a stop does not watch him play.

Why would we want to jam a 4-3 DE into a 3-4 OLB? Now there have been conversion projects that have in the past worked BUT you don't give up a 1st or even a 2nd for a guy who isn't a fit for the scheme.

Osi is a beast when he wants to be. But I just don't think he has too much of an interest in playing in a 3-4.

if they are asking for a 2nd rounder, nix should jump all over that! we still keep our 1st round for luck and we get a great defensive end to come in and be a starter. you got the money ralph!! use ittt before the patriots sign him and then you get screwed even more.

Osi is a 4-3 DE, with injury problems at that. In no way does he fit in our defensive scheme. Can a team that is not in contention really throw away high draft picks on a guy that probably wouldn't even help them? There are WAY more important holes on this team that need to be fixed, (MLB, OL, TE,...)

Obviously Nix and company believe that the Bills are fine on the outside with pass rushers. I mean, with studs like Danny Batten, Antonio Coleman, Aaron Maybin and Chris Kelsay, what else do you need? :bag:

Interesting that you are naming all backups. Currently our penciled in starters are Merriman and Barnett. You also left out Moats.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Osi is a pure 4-3 DE, with injury problems at that. In no way does he fit in our defensive scheme. Can a team that is not in contention really throw away high draft picks on a guy that probably wouldn't even help them? There are WAY more important holes on this team that need to be fixed, (MLB, OL, TE,...)

Agreed. We don't have room for him. Somehow Osi will wind up going to the Pats for a 7th rounder in 2019.

Obviously Nix and company believe that the Bills are fine on the outside with pass rushers. I mean, with studs like Danny Batten, Antonio Coleman, Aaron Maybin and Chris Kelsay, what else do you need? :bag:

hey dont talk about batten like that!

,,but you dont think osi would be better in the 4 front than kelsey??they didnt bring in wanny for his 3-4 background.

batten has impressing .kelsey will be late cut imo so if batten can play run downs ,osi could be lined up with dareus inside and williams and merrriman on other side,,let the oc pick their poison against that group that still leaves barnett moats and whoever behind them ,reports are the secondary looks good good imo osi would fill the role if he can play from left ???

hey dont talk about batten like that!

,,but you dont think osi would be better in the 4 front than kelsey??they didnt bring in wanny for his 3-4 background.

batten has impressing .kelsey will be late cut imo so if batten can play run downs ,osi could be lined up with dareus inside and williams and merrriman on other side,,let the oc pick their poison against that group that still leaves barnett moats and whoever behind them ,reports are the secondary looks good good imo osi would fill the role if he can play from left ???

They didn't bring in Jasper, Merriman, Barnett, Troupe, Carrington to play in the 4-3. It has been suggested that it will be a hybrid defense until the 3-4 can hold its own. Kelsey isn't going anywhere for that exact reason, he was decent in the 4-3 last year and their best pass rusher down the stretch. So you want to trade our 2nd round pick next year for an injury prone part time DE that is probably past his prime? It's not like the Bills will be competing for the super bowl this year.

Personally I would rather save that pick for an OL or LB next year...