[closed]Nick Barnett is a Bill!!!

Scrappy

Great pick up assuming he can stay healthy. Sorry, I just got to look for the silver lining in everything.

Btw, why did the pack cut him? Was it a cost savings move?

Pack has Desmond Bishop and AJ Hawk at ILB. Just extended Bishop last season fro big $$$....No financial room for Barnett....The dude can play!!!

Bills agreed to terms with ILB Nick Barnett on a three-year, $12 million contract.

The Bills won't be going with underwhelming vets Reggie Torbor and Andra Davis at inside linebacker after all. Barnett has plenty of experience at inside linebacker in Green Bay, and he's set to replace Paul Posluszny in Buffalo. A highly productive defender with sideline-to-sideline range, Barnett averaged 109 tackles in his first seven seasons with the Packers. He's a major upgrade.

You're an emotional train wreck.

I wanted Poz gone for better talent, which is what has come about (saving ~$3-4 Million a season was icing on that cake). I got torn apart for asking for improvement, to be vindicated in FA. This is what makes a better team, improvement through FA & drafting. It has to a be mix & with Poz gone, this was a huge blessing.

Edited by Scrappy

I didn't know anything about him until now, but it would seem a decent pickup for the Bills and a very fair deal for Barnett as well. I love the length of the deal. Not a long term solution by any stretch of the imagination but should help make the Bills defense considerably more solid for the remainder of the rebuilding period.

The best deals are the ones where both sides win like this one. Well done Buddy.

I'm sorry, but this is only a need because we created it. I'm not saying we should have paid poz, but this doesn't really jump us up that much from last year. Also, this guy is just as injury prone and only became available after he was cut late and the market dried up. It was between us and the Lions and they just backed out.

Sorry, but this doesn't prove much to me on behalf of the front office. This was a gift and we don't know how much we paid either.

Btw, we run a 3-4, which requires a ton of linebackers. We are now just back to par plus a draft pick. We weren't even close to capacity last season.

I'm not trying to be negative with this, just looking at the facts and what can give me hope to be better than 4-12. We have no depth at linebacker, no pass rusher, subpar safeties, and still no RT.

For not trying you are succeeding! We have DL players like Troupe/Carrington, LBs like Moats who have just finished their first year and could develop into solid starters. We don't know what we have in Batten yet, but there's no reason to write him off. We drafted 2 rookie ILBs and I expect Kelvin Sheppard to start; we upgraded our veteran ILB position with Barnett over Pos, Merriman should finally be healthy, we drafted the best DL player in the draft, picked up a big physical rookie CB and a young SS. Oh and we picked up a developmental guy who is the largest human in the NFL who has great athleticism. That's just on D. We could win 7+ games this year.

Sorry, but this doesn't prove much to me on behalf of the front office. This was a gift and we don't know how much we paid either.

3 years $12M

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2011/7/31/2307689/nick-barnett-signing-buffalo-bills-nfl-free-agency-2011-green-bay-packers-news

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

https://twitter.com/#!/NickBarnett

NickBarnett NickBarnett

#GOBILLS

3 minutes ago »

NickBarnett NickBarnett

God has blessed me once again to be part of a great organization.. Great coaches, Great staff, Great players and more importantly great fans

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy:

I'm so happy about this right now!!

dude things are looking up guys....did you see where he says bills fans are awesome on twitter..how about in the stadium....this team and this organization is on its way up...we need the 12th man in there to show our new guys what we can do...LOUD ...im offically signing up for twitter

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.