Eagles Biggest WInners So Far?

There have been a lot of moves, but it seems to me the Eagles are CRUSHING IT right now.

They landed the biggest free agent of all in Nnamdi. They traded Kolb for Rodgers-Cromartie and a 2nd rounder - those two make an amazing pair of corners. They brought in Cullen Jenkins, and Vince Young as a backup. They can probably just have Plex if they so desire.

The Eagles have to be considers the "biggest winners" since football resumed, right? Who else do you think is doing well for themselves?

That's true, but what happens if Brady goes out? Or Manning goes out? Or any other top shelf QB for that matter? I mean, it helps to have a decent backup, but you can't compete for a Super Bowl without a premier QB no matter what. Vick is more of an injury risk, but they seem to be loading up and going for it all this year and just hoping he stays healthy - which honestly seems like a pretty good approach to me.

That's true, but what happens if Brady goes out? Or Manning goes out? Or any other top shelf QB for that matter? I mean, it helps to have a decent backup, but you can't compete for a Super Bowl without a premier QB no matter what. Vick is more of an injury risk, but they seem to be loading up and going for it all this year and just hoping he stays healthy - which honestly seems like a pretty good approach to me.

Manning and Brady have much better track records then Vick. They don't take the chances of Vick and play behind solid lines.

I just wonder what would happen if Vick went out? How do you go from Vick to Young. With his inconsistency the game falls to the running game...and how will that work?

Ummm, Vince Young had a 98 passer rating before he got injured in 2010. He is the best back up QB in the league. Good try, though.

Ummm, Vince Young had a 98 passer rating before he got injured in 2010. He is the best back up QB in the league. Good try, though.

He is not a backup QB, his mental state of being a backup is not clearly tested, for one.

Also, the main point of my statement was that the playing styles are much different. If Vick gets injured he is likely injured in the middle of a game and it sure seems like he played with a chip on his shoulder last year. That mindset will keep him tough but it's one good shot away from a real injury with the style of his play.

Eh, I wouldn't anoint them winners just yet.

The key to the Eagles season is not at CB nor DT. It's the offensive line and linebacking corps. The line had Michael Vick running for his life last year (34 sacks/12 games played) and the line play was a large part of why the Eagles lost in that wild card game last year.

If you think our linebacking corps is ordinary....the Eagles could not stop the run whatsoever last year and so far, the only investment in that unit has been Casey Matthews in the draft. Teams will continue to run on them.

Eh, I wouldn't anoint them winners just yet.

The key to the Eagles season is not at CB nor DT. It's the offensive line and linebacking corps. The line had Michael Vick running for his life last year (34 sacks/12 games played) and the line play was a large part of why the Eagles lost in that wild card game last year.

If you think our linebacking corps is ordinary....the Eagles could not stop the run whatsoever last year and so far, the only investment in that unit has been Casey Matthews in the draft. Teams will continue to run on them.

They have made the flashy moves that's for sure. Lets see if it pays off in the end. Usually a lot of teams that make these big moves don't always pan out. Sometimes they do. Who knows the Eagles have a stacked team but they aren't a team without differences.

Well the did draft Watkins at OL in the first round, and with Cromartie and Asomugha they will be able to load the box more often.

Run on them, use the tight end. Control the middle of the field against their linebackers and safeties.

Think if they have to go through Atlanta, greenbay, new Orleans and the pats in the playoffs. All teams with mistake free qbs, good running games, and strong tightends.

If McCoy gets hurt can they run? Who's the back up?

Does desean hold out creating distraction!

Also with half the team up for contracts next year is there any sustainability?

Last- They look good on paper in august but come January- a lot of guys I wouldn't bet my paycheck on in the pressure.

The Iggles and the Pasties* in the SB. My two "favorite" teams.:thumbdown:

Write it down. They clearly won the first week of Free Agency. The rest of the teams can just mail it in this year. They stand no hope -no hope at all.

Edited by Nanker

While the Eagles have a great team all around, I think this season will prove that all the all pro CBs in the world wont improve your D too much.

Dont get me wrong, those guys wont hurt none, but the rules of the NFL have changed, which has closed the gap between the games best CB and a middle of the road guy.

Edited by Thoner7