Bills sign Josh Nesbitt

http://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-tech/georgia-tech-loses-game-721341.html

He is likely to be a RB or a slash.

Nesbitt was brought in for rushing during his freshman season under coach Chan Gailey.

1037 yards and 18 touchdowns in 2009, broke right arm after attempting a tackle on November 4, 2010 vs. Virginia Tech.

Edited by Astrobot

We just got out Brad Smith/Randel El! I love this move!!!!

Randle-El! Thanks--I was blanking on the "Slash" player Gailey developed. He's probably a PS player. Don't know how his right arm is, but it's been since last November that he broke it. On a tackle.

Randle-El! Thanks--I was blanking on the "Slash" player Gailey developed. He's probably a PS player. Don't know how his right arm is, but it's been since last November that he broke it. On a tackle.

Slash was Kordell Stewart, who had his best year with Gailey as OC

I will put money that he won't even be here week 1.

Give me a break with this slash crp. He had to turn Kordell into "Slash" because that's all he had to work with. Outside Stewart and Bettis, who did they have on offense? NO ONE. They had freakin Jim Miller and Mike Tomzcak as their QB. This is what Chan does. He uses what he has to the best of their abilities. He's not going to put this guy out there just because.

You guys are reading WAY too much into this.

most productive rushing QB in ACC history

keep in mind that was largely under Paul Johnson's coaching, using the Navy-style flexbone option. rarely used in ACC these days.

interesting move tho, see what happens. There's a new rule in the CBA about the #3 QB not being a reserve emergency option anymore, you can play them and still put the #1 or #2 QB back in after. So inserting a guy like this for a play or 2 might be a new wrinkle in nfl. i like it.

Edited by dgrid

interesting move tho, see what happens. There's a new rule in the CBA about the #3 QB not being a reserve emergency option anymore, you can play them and still put the #1 or #2 QB back in after. So inserting a guy like this for a play or 2 might be a new wrinkle in nfl. i like it.

I did not know this; cool. Always thought that was a peculiar restriction.

Does anyone know if he was around when Gailey was there?? This guy is a heck of an athlete. BIG body like Calvin Johnson, but an option QB.. what the hell would you do with him?

read that Gailey recruited him. (disclaimer- wikipedia)

apparently has potential for QB (maybe), RB, WR & S

what the hell would you do with him?

possible add him occasionally as an option QB. 1/2 the reason it doesnt happen in nfl is the risk to a highly-paid player, which he will not be.

The other half of the reason it's not used is the Def's are fast enough to stop the option, so who knows.

With the new cba rules allowing coach to inject #3 QB, and put #1 back in after, could possibly allow this sort of thing.

Edited by dgrid

Ah, the old smoke & mirrors trickeration. The foundation of every championship team..

Let's see,

Pats* - Haynesworth

Jets- signing their own & aiming @ Nnamdi Asahoummmgadi (sp?)

Dolphins- Reggie Bush & aiming @ Orton

Bills- Pigpen & Slash II...

Seems like a level playing field to me..:wacko:

Give me a break with this slash crp. He had to turn Kordell into "Slash" because that's all he had to work with. Outside Stewart and Bettis, who did they have on offense? NO ONE. They had freakin Jim Miller and Mike Tomzcak as their QB. This is what Chan does. He uses what he has to the best of their abilities. He's not going to put this guy out there just because.

on the spot :thumbsup:

More than likely a body for camp, with the hope of finding a needle in a haystack. They need to sign something like 28 players in just a couple days to reach 90 for camp, so there will be some players brought in like this with little or no chance of sticking around.

I doubt he will be here either, at best on the practice squad. I don't even think the Steelers had Bettis then, wasn't Barry Foster or Bam (the Jailbird) Morris the running back when they had "Slash"?