Bills sign Josh Nesbitt

Ah, the old smoke & mirrors trickeration. The foundation of every championship team..

Let's see,

Pats* - Haynesworth

Jets- signing their own & aiming @ Nnamdi Asahoummmgadi (sp?)

Dolphins- Reggie Bush & aiming @ Orton

Bills- Pigpen & Slash II...

Seems like a level playing field to me..:wacko:

The season just started a few days, let's see how things shake out over the coming days.

Edited by Scrappy

Sweet... some guy nobody wants (other than the Bills).

Who have other AFC East teams picked up?

Right.

:(

You could say the same thing about every undrafted free agent picked up this week. Every team, not just the Bills, have loaded up on undrafted free agents. Its a great way to find talent cheaply. This criticism is beyond lame.

Maybe Gailey wants to run some option offense like the Jets did to us in the second game (remember they marched right down the field on the first drive and scored a TD. I don’t think they attempted 1 pass on the drive).

Option offense would be sweet. May even make this season watchable.

I did not know this; cool. Always thought that was a peculiar restriction.

It makes some sense in historical context. Originally the #3 QB slot was added in lieu of another inactive slot. So the NFL went from 45 active players on game day to 45 + the #3 QB. The idea being that QB is such an important and specific position that it merits a special emergency backup. On top of that, a lot of teams like to have a "developmental" young guy, so the 4th quarter exception was designed to let a guy like Levi Brown gets some reps in the 4th quarter of a blowout. Of course, in reality, if teams really think their young guy has promise, he's usually either #1 or #2 on the depth chart anyways, and most coaches keep their starters in during blowouts anyway. So the reasoning behind it made some sense, even if it never applied to reality in any meaningful way. I'm glad they just bumped us up to a true 46 active players on game day.

Maybe Gailey wants to run some option offense like the Jets did to us in the second game (remember they marched right down the field on the first drive and scored a TD. I don’t think they attempted 1 pass on the drive).

Option offense would be sweet. May even make this season watchable.

I totally agree with you, we picked up a good athlete for cheap. Could make the preseason fun and add some gimmicks to the offense if he sticks. Don't get all the bashing in this board. All udrafted rookies are a long shot to make roster. This guy could make it just a little more fun. If he gets cut, no big deal. Gaily is an innovative coach, that could get a lt out of him.

I've been a GT season ticket holder since 1998. I watched every play this guy ever made in college. The guy is a gamer and has done anything ever asked of him (recruited by Chan to run a pro-style offense but then Johnson switched him into a very successful triple option QB). He is crazy talented, a good kid and will play any position that is asked of him. Will he find a spot on the final roster? I hope so. I think a change of pace triple option wildcat with Josh, Fred and Spiller could be really interesting. And he COULD be an effective 3rd string QB if that helps justify the roster spot for a wildcat appearance or two per game.

I've been a GT season ticket holder since 1998. I watched every play this guy ever made in college. The guy is a gamer and has done anything ever asked of him (recruited by Chan to run a pro-style offense but then Johnson switched him into a very successful triple option QB). He is crazy talented, a good kid and will play any position that is asked of him. Will he find a spot on the final roster? I hope so. I think a change of pace triple option wildcat with Josh, Fred and Spiller could be really interesting. And he COULD be an effective 3rd string QB if that helps justify the roster spot for a wildcat appearance or two per game.

Thanks for the insight.

A modern day Ed Rutkowski, eh?

Reminds me of the Levi Brown talk last year. Only difference is that Brown threw the ball at Troy, while Nesbitt ran the ball out of an option offense.

Nesbitt threw the ball a good amount at georgia tech. Of course, every pass he made was a bomb to Demariyus Thomas on a fly pattern.