McDonalds

I know the busy body contingency gets a woody at the idea of saving us from ourselves (and let's not forget the !@#$ing children) but it irritates the **** out of me. My McDonald's intake has gone up from about twice a week to 4-5 times a week. During that time I've dropped from 210 lb to 195 lb with virtually no excess body fat, and my blood pressure and cholesteral levels are ideal. But I should probably be penalized because a bunch of **** bags can't manage their diets.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the busy body contingency gets a woody at the idea of saving us from ourselves (and let's not forget the !@#$ing children) but it irritates the **** out of me. My McDonald's intake has gone up from about twice a week to 4-5 times a week.

How on earth can you do that? I can't even think about McD's that often without throwing up. :sick:

I'm getting ready to hit the drive thru right now. I'll let you know how it was.

I'm a pretty healthy guy who plays a lot of sports and takes pretty good care of myself. And I find McDonald's tasty as all heck...

Anything is ok in moderation. 'Cept for heroin.

I know the busy body contingency gets a woody at the idea of saving us from ourselves (and let's not forget the !@#$ing children) but it irritates the **** out of me. My McDonald's intake has gone up from about twice a week to 4-5 times a week. During that time I've dropped from 210 lb to 195 lb with virtually no excess body fat, and my blood pressure and cholesteral levels are ideal. But I should probably be penalized because a bunch of **** bags can't manage their diets.

Get irritated all you like, nobody's gonna force asparagus spears down your throat. Check through the thread and you won't find a single person lobbying for compulsory diet restrictions for individuals or businesses. We're discussing the potential merits (or lack thereof) of McDonald's introducing healthier items as defaults. So tell me again...who's trying to penalize you?

Well done on the weight loss, by the way. :thumbsup:

I'm a pretty healthy guy who plays a lot of sports and takes pretty good care of myself. And I find McDonald's tasty as all heck...

Anything is ok in moderation. 'Cept for heroin.

Tasty and healthy are different.

McDonald's french fries make anyone drool. That doesn't mean they are good for you.

Back when I played varsity tennis I'd eat McDonald's and/or Burger King anywhere between 5 and 10 times per week (admittedly, I want to vomit when I look back on this). Same deal with me, though. I managed to maintain weight, stay fit (body fat percentage was around 9%), and keep my blood pressure and cholesterol down. What you eat does matter, but it's not what you eat so much as how much you eat and how much you do to offset what you've eaten.

Now I splurge once a month or so, since I eat breakfast regularly and only work out three times per week.

Anything is ok in moderation. 'Cept for heroin crystal meth.

That's better.

Doesn't matter what you hardheads believe it's a step in the right direction, no matter how you look at it, unless of course you are a mouth-breathing neanderthal.

Edited by Magox

Get irritated all you like, nobody's gonna force asparagus spears down your throat. Check through the thread and you won't find a single person lobbying for compulsory diet restrictions for individuals or businesses. We're discussing the potential merits (or lack thereof) of McDonald's introducing healthier items as defaults. So tell me again...who's trying to penalize you?

McDonalds is doing it as a preventtaive step because they know regulations will be coming. Of course, now the health nuts will jump on it and say, "See, even McDonalds admits that their french fries are hypnotic poison. We need to regulate more."

While McDonalds may have more calories per serving now than it did 20 yrs ago, I'm betting that within a 1 mile radius of any McDonalds (other than at a highway stop) is a supermarket or a convenience store where you can get fast healthy food at the same price. Of course, it's not convenient to go to a store and wait in a checkout line. So the decision to go to McD's or another fast food joint is more of a lazy cop out, yet somehow it's their responsibility that many of their customers are too lazy.

McDonalds is doing it as a preventtaive step because they know regulations will be coming. Of course, now the health nuts will jump on it and say, "See, even McDonalds admits that their french fries are hypnotic poison. We need to regulate more."

While McDonalds may have more calories per serving now than it did 20 yrs ago, I'm betting that within a 1 mile radius of any McDonalds (other than at a highway stop) is a supermarket or a convenience store where you can get fast healthy food at the same price. Of course, it's not convenient to go to a store and wait in a checkout line. So the decision to go to McD's or another fast food joint is more of a lazy cop out, yet somehow it's their responsibility that many of their customers are too lazy.

I dont know who is talking about over regulating the fast food industry, I certainly wasn't, this was a voluntary and responsible decision made by the Kings of Fat Food, and I'm pretty certain that other will follow.

The whole point of this thread (other than to annoy the hardheads) was to give props to McDondalds for introducing an element of healthiness to their kids meals.

I dont know who is talking about over regulating the fast food industry, I certainly wasn't, this was a voluntary and responsible decision made by the Kings of Fat Food, and I'm pretty certain that other will follow.

You know what the best part's going to be? When McDonalds gets into a trademark suit over McIntosh apples. :w00t:

The whole point of this thread (other than to annoy the hardheads) was to give props to McDondalds for introducing an element of healthiness to their kids meals.

I would also like to take a moment to give props to Himmler for humanely gassing Jews instead of shooting them in the head.

[/godwin]

[/thread]

If you don't think that McDonalds did this as a preemptive strike to thwart regulation, then you're high on apples.

From Webster:

Mouth-breathing neanderthal: 1. One who in his daily thoughts finds himself at odds with an opinion of Magox.

2. One who believes encouraging adults by use of incentives (monetary perks paid for by the populace) is not an appropriate excercise of governmental authority.

3. One who believes McDonald's doesn't give a flying !@#$ about whether or not people have healthy choices on the menu.

4. One who denies his rightful claim in life as a monument to justice.

If you don't think that McDonalds did this as a preemptive strike to thwart regulation, then you're high on apples.

Ben Bernake just read Winnie the Pooh to kids at a library.

Just wanted to him a shout out Magox style.

They should start carrying wheat buns and non-synthetic smoothies. Haven't been to McDonalds since April......mo plan on going there, as they don't serve real food.

From Webster:

Mouth-breathing neanderthal: 1. One who in his daily thoughts finds himself at odds with an opinion of Magox.

2. One who believes encouraging adults by use of incentives (monetary perks paid for by the populace) is not an appropriate excercise of governmental authority.

3. One who believes McDonald's doesn't give a flying !@#$ about whether or not people have healthy choices on the menu.

4. One who denies his rightful claim in life as a monument to justice.

Did y'all miss the part where I godwin'd the thread?

Just wanted to him a shout out Magox style.

:wacko:

From Webster:

I'll go with that.

I've been known to break off on a tangent. Plus Magox and I go way back on this issue and I know what he's thinking.

Thanks. I must be honest though, the rest of my diet is pretty healthy. I often make a pot of lentils with onions, tomatoes, and garlic seasoning. I got the idea from some college hippie on this site who is eating an all lentil diet for the whole year. I'm not sure how it turned out though, he stopped posting after a while. I forget who it was.

I've been known to break off on a tangent. Plus Magox and I go way back on this issue and I know what he's thinking.

Thanks. I must be honest though, the rest of my diet is pretty healthy. I often make a pot of lentils with onions, tomatoes, and garlic seasoning. I got the idea from some college hippie on this site who is eating an all lentil diet for the whole year. I'm not sure how it turned out though, he stopped posting after a while. I forget who it was.

:bag: