Bring back Langston Walker

Guy played hard and got a raw deal from Dick.

Yeah, but there's little chance he'd come back here after getting treated the way he was. I'm not sure that I would.

He's definitely a pretty solid upgrade, but closer to a stopgap at this point in his career. He was a good runblocker and a decent passblocker, but didn't watch him last year.

No he didn't. He stunk up the field. Burn that bridge. I got the gasoline...

No, he really didn't stink. He wasn't a left tackle nor all that good for a "no huddle" offense but as a run oriented RT he was more than adequate. Far better than anything we have at present (rookie possibly excepted).

Besides, no need to burn that bridge, it's already crisped.

Edited by Mark Long Beach

Not a terrible idea but I think there are better options out there. The guy is a mediocre NFL RT but sadly that's better than our current RT situation.

While I agree it would be an upgrade, I can't believe we cannot do better in FA and not break the bank. C'mon Buddy.

Guy played hard and got a raw deal from Dick.

Agreed 100%

The guy was exactly as advertised--solid RT, smart player. Plus, seemed like a really great guy (e.g., his TV show "68 seconds" on bb.com)

He got a raw deal due to the bizarre decision to go with the no-huddle offense, which was then scrapped on the eve of the season.

Agreed 100%

The guy was exactly as advertised--solid RT, smart player. Plus, seemed like a really great guy (e.g., his TV show "68 seconds" on bb.com)

He got a raw deal due to the bizarre decision to go with the no-huddle offense, which was then scrapped on the eve of the season.

And switching him to LT before the season (traded Jason Peters away). A position he wasn't suited for and he knew it.

Is this guy really a free agent. I don't know that bringing him back would be worth anything even for a low low salary. That being said, when he was here he was a completely serviceable RT and was pretty good in the run game. The regime that shall not be mentioned screwed that whole line over getting rid of a probowl LT and screwed over RT as well by moving Walker. They were delusional and thought he could be a LT. Fans even bought into it and then turned on him when it became obvious that he couldn't fill Peters' shoes. They hated Peters and thought so little of the probowler that anyone could step in and do his job. ANNNNNH! Walker was a mauling RT not a fleet of foot LT.

We are still feeling the effects of that gaff and have yet to solidify either tackle position. Unless Bell makes a quantum leap in consistency and skill the fans will soon turn on him as well or blame the coaches for not being able to replace Peters.

Edited by PDaDdy

I don't remember that...what game was it?

It might have been against the Jets in his last year with the Bills???

Take it for what it's worth, this is from wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langston_Walker

"Walker was frequently used as a field goal blocker. He blocked a potential game winning field goal against the Denver Broncos on November 28, 2004."

Is this guy really a free agent. I don't know that bringing him back would be worth anything even for a low low salary. That being said, when he was here he was a completely serviceable RT and was pretty good in the run game. The regime that shall not be mentioned screwed that whole line over getting rid of a probowl LT and screwed over RT as well by moving Walker. They were delusional and thought he could be a LT. Fans even bought into it and then turned on him when it became obvious that he couldn't fill Peters' shoes. They hated Peters and thought so little of the probowler that anyone could step in and do his job. ANNNNNH! Walker was a mauling RT not a fleet of foot LT.

We often don't share the same viewpoints but I'm with you 100% here.

We are still feeling the effects of that gaff and have yet to solidify either tackle position. Unless Bell makes a quantum leap in consistency and skill the fans will soon turn on him as well or blame the coaches for not being able to replace Peters.

I'm not sure Bell needs to make a quantum leap, but he does need to continue his steady improvement. He's been a pleasant surprise for me. Don't get me wrong, he's no where near as good of a run-blocker as JPeters but isn't that far off as a pass-blocker. If he can get a little stronger and get better as a run-blocker it's a position he could hold down for many years.

He's also better than most of the free agents that are out there. Better than Bushrod who many wanted. Gaither is probably better, but is even MORE injury prone and is a malcontent. Not sure how much of an upgrade he might be.

At the very least it's not a position that's screaming for an upgrade like it has been so for much of the time.

Now if he REGRESSES... All bets are off, and it becomes a screaming need for us. Especially since we have NO depth behind him. Unless by some miracle Ed Wang develops (haven't seen much out of him).