Do Ralph and the Bills vote for or against the CBA?

sullim4

34 members have voted

1. 1. Does Ralph vote to approve the CBA?

• Yes
    • No

Simple poll.

Actually it's not a simple poll .... If I remember correctly Ralph didn't vote against the last CBA because it was a bad deal, he voted against because he felt he didn't have "full disclosure" and the owners hadn't enough time to digest what the CBA really said. The fact that it indeed turned out to be a bad deal (proving the owners maybe SHOULD have read it before voting) is beside the fact.

I don't have a feel how "plugged in" OBD was during the process ... we all know Ralph wasn't at the meetings, and I don't know if the Bills were represented during the process or not. I just have a feeling that Ralph likes to understand what he is signing before he applies his John Hancock on the bottom line.

So my vote is a wishy washy he votes yes if he feels he is fully informed ... he votes no if he feels a select few owners (Jerry Jones et al) are trying to jam something down his gullet.

Actually it's not a simple poll .... If I remember correctly Ralph didn't vote against the last CBA because it was a bad deal, he voted against because he felt he didn't have "full disclosure" and the owners hadn't enough time to digest what the CBA really said. The fact that it indeed turned out to be a bad deal (proving the owners maybe SHOULD have read it before voting) is beside the fact.

Wrong. He voted against it because there wasn't enough time to read it AND he knew it was a bad deal.

I don't have a feel how "plugged in" OBD was during the process ... we all know Ralph wasn't at the meetings, and I don't know if the Bills were represented during the process or not. I just have a feeling that Ralph likes to understand what he is signing before he applies his John Hancock on the bottom line.

So my vote is a wishy washy he votes yes if he feels he is fully informed ... he votes no if he feels a select few owners (Jerry Jones et al) are trying to jam something down his gullet.

Wrong. He voted against it because there wasn't enough time to read it AND he knew it was a bad deal.

My recollection is the same as Marcaroni's.

The exact quote I remember is Ralph saying "I didn't understand it."

He also complained that they only had 45 minutes of discussion between presentation and voting on it.

I could be wrong.

If there wasn't enough time to read it, how did he know it was a bad deal ....... cuz it was heavy?????

Just joshing .... bottom line IMHO I don't think Ralph signs just to follow the crowd ... if he feels informed and likes the deal he votes yes ... if he doesn't feel compfortable he votes no.

Russ Brandon has gone on WGR and WEDG and has said the new CBA is something the Bills can work with and stay competitive as long as they continue to regionalize their brand. They're for it.

Edited by joeincalifornia

Yes, Ralph will approve of this CBA...due to Russ' plan of regionalizing...

Within the next 2 years...the focus on regionalizing this team...will be in a critical push!

Bills fans who hate regionalizing the team to the north are ignoring the fact...THAT in the 75 mile home radius of the Buffalo Bills..the populous in that radius pushes close to 9 million people--thanks to Southern Ontario!

IF they continue the push...it gives the Buffalo Bills a media market in the top 10...competing with Dallas, Boston, Chicago and other LARGE MARKET TEAMS!

Now, I don't live in WNY...I live in Utah. But, everyday I thank this organization for doing what they have to do--just to keep this team in Buffalo for all of us to enjoy!

Go BILLS!

Russ Brandon has gone on WGR and WEDG and has said the new CBA is something the Bills can work with and stay competitive as long as they continue to regionalize their brand. They're for it.

If Ralph and Russ think it's good for the Bills then so be it. Sign the dang thing, get the players to sign the dang thing, and let the circus begin.

It's a fallacy that the owners "didn't have time to readthe CBA"--and that Jones was the one ramming it down anyone's throat (he was the one who was having his throat rammed, by all acounts, by other owners. The league had been through 300 hours of negotiations when Upshaw walked out for good. Everyone knew what his final offer was. They were given another 72 hours to consider it by the Union. Then they signed it.

Obviously both of those cannot be true.

Obviously both of those cannot be true.

Sure they can. The salient and known points were that the players got a 5% raise, the salary cap was going to be based on ALL revenue, not just shared, and "additional" revenue sharing hadn't been defined. The million other details that the contract contained were what couldn't have been read/digested in 45 minutes.

This time I believe they'll have had time to read it. And it will be interesting to see how Ralph votes.

Edited by Doc