Rick Perry (STAY AWAY FROM THIS CANDIDATE)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, they can explain how giving tax breaks to the rich, and refusing to close gaping tax loopholes have created massive jobs over the last 11 years, and why we should continue this... :rolleyes:

So if I understand you correctly, the bursting of the housing bubble along with the ensuing credit crisis was just a minor blip. The real job killer has been low taxes and the failure to close tax loop holes on corporate jets?

Yes, they can explain how giving tax breaks to the rich, and refusing to close gaping tax loopholes have created massive jobs over the last 11 years, and why we should continue this... :rolleyes:

This is the political logic equivalent of Trent Edwards being a good QB because he had a 60% completion rate.

I am pretty sure that the majority of people who are familiar with tabbibi and that dont discredit him are those that reside on the left side of Howard Dean. Just sayin'

:lol: I think it was just yesterday, somebody here posted a link to a column by Ann Coulter...somebody dis-credited it, and get the roughing up from the right wing nuts here, becasue, "you can't dispute facts"...Taibbi is pretty cynical, but he has rails on everyone, not just consrvatives or Republicans. I realize, few, if any, will read the article, but I found the whole anti-gay marriage bill that she tried to ram through the Minnesota legislature (apparently her only attempt at legislation), after it had already been agreed upon...it was very telling of the way she works, and what her priorities are. Make no mistake, I am not aruging that she is not intelligent, but I think she has a dangerous social conservative streak that, at this point in time, I just think is counter-productive to anything.

This is the political logic equivalent of Trent Edwards being a good QB because he had a 60% completion rate.

As is the (increasingly tired) argument that we should give the wealthy tax breaks, because they will create jobs with all their extra money.

Edited by Buftex

As is the (increasingly tired) argument that we should give the wealthy tax breaks, because they will create jobs with all their extra money.

Nowhere nearly as tired as the completely incorrect assumption that the rich get tax breaks, when their marginal rates are double the rates for others, deductions are eliminated at certain income levels and AMT is there to make sure that a big tax is paid in any event.

As is the argument that a charismatic young QB prospect just needs more time to develop and a stronger supporting cast and then maybe things will turn around

Are you referring to the Scared Straight consultancy her husband started?

No, she started a charter school some years ago. As I look at her bio more closely, you pretty much hit the nail on the head in that she typically leaves or gets removed from various positions. However, as you had noted and I had previously mentioned in other other threads; while I don't see her as presidential material, her contributions to the spending message on the national stage are important because few people are as loud and adament about the problems we face with spending.

One of the things I find particularly amusing (and frustrating) is that people like Bachmann and Palin and groups like the Tea Party are painted as radicals, extremists, crazyass nutjobs, unrealistic and cult-like in their noises about the debt and deficit. And yet if you take them out of the equation right now and pretend that none of them exists, especially the Tea Party, what are the chances that Washington would be spending every minute of every day right this minute trying to find ways to cut spending? You think Obama and Reid and Pelosi would take this up on their own? Not a chance in holy hell.

Edited by LABillzFan

You think Obama and Reid and Pelosi would take this up on their own? Not a chance in holy hell.

A flower in every garden and a unicorn over every rainbow.

So if I understand you correctly, the bursting of the housing bubble along with the ensuing credit crisis was just a minor blip. The real job killer has been low taxes and the failure to close tax loop holes on corporate jets?

I never said that...but thanks for making **** up, just for arguments sake. Of course, all of those things contributed...but everything should be on the table, the big 3, as well discontinuing tax breaks, or, at least, some of them...but the pledgers have painted themselves into a corner on this issue...I think reasonable Republicans (admittedly, a dying breed) can see this. But "no taxes" is the new religion for the 83 newbies, and they can't be crossed...

No, she started a charter school some years ago. As I look at her bio more closely, you pretty much hit the nail on the head in that she typically leaves or gets removed from various positions. However, as you had noted and I had previously mentioned in other other threads; while I don't see her as presidential material, her contributions to the spending message on the national stage are important because few people are as loud and adament about the problems we face with spending.

One of the things I find particularly amusing (and frustrating) is that people like Bachmann and Palin and groups like the Tea Party are painted as radicals, extremists, crazyass nutjobs, unrealistic and cult-like in their noises about the debt and deficit. And yet if you take them out of the equation right now and pretend that none of them exists, especially the Tea Party, what are the chances that Washington would be spending every minute of every day right this minute trying to find ways to cut spending? You think Obama and Reid and Pelosi would take this up on their own? Not a chance in holy hell.

I understand what you are saying, and I really not trying to be a smart ass here...but part of the reason they are viewed this way, and what many here seem to fail to recognize, that the Tea Party dogma of "government is bad" is not a universal beleif held by every American. And if it was or is, Republicans don't get off the hook for contributing to that perception any more than Democrats do.

The govermnent is !@#$ed up, but, to me, anyways, not to the point that any government official (who is not a Republican) or government employee is a blight on society. Your views are no more valid, or less valid than the other side. It is human nature, hell it is even kind of fun, sometimes to argue about the stuff...

The way some of these people talk, they do sound dangerous, and like loose cannons. And then, of course, because holding office isn't always only about taxes and tax breaks, there are just a ton of social issues that almost every prominent politician who presents themselves as a Tea Party member, seems to hold, which don't jibe with everyone else. They talk about not wanting big government, but seem to think that government should exist to serve the purpose of enforcing their special interests, and sending us back to the dark ages on so many issues. Science is bad, we shouldn't worry about the enviorment because it will stand in the way of capitalism...education seems to be looked down upon...hell Rush is saying that the "heat index" is some liberal conspiracy...I guess fat ass hasn't been outside much lately.

Edited by Buftex

I understand what you are saying, and I really not trying to be a smart ass here...but part of the reason they are viewed this way, and what many here seem to fail to recognize, that the Tea Party dogma of "government is bad" is not a universal beleif held by every American. And if it was or is, Republicans don't get off the hook for contributing to that perception any more than Democrats do.

The govermnent is !@#$ed up, but, to me, anyways, not to the point that any government official (who is not a Republican) or government employee is a blight on society. Your views are no more valid, or less valid than the other side. It is human nature, hell it is even kind of fun, sometimes to argue about the stuff...

The way some of these people talk, they do sound dangerous, and like loose cannons. And then, of course, because holding office isn't always only about taxes and tax breaks, there are just a ton of social issues that almost every prominent politician who presents themselves as a Tea Party member, seems to hold. They talk about not wanting big government, but seem to think that government should exist to serve the purpose of enforcing their special interests, and sending us back to the dark ages on so many issues. Science is bad, we shouldn't worry about the enviorment because it will stand in the way of capitalism...education seems to be looked down upon...

Got enough stereotypes in there to fill a Mack truck load of scary monsters?

Do us a favor, before you parrot a progressive definition of the Tea Party, do some research on the Tea Party and why the movement came about and what it is fighting for.

:lol: I think it was just yesterday, somebody here posted a link to a column by Ann Coulter...somebody dis-credited it, and get the roughing up from the right wing nuts here, becasue, "you can't dispute facts"...Taibbi is pretty cynical, but he has rails on everyone, not just consrvatives or Republicans. I realize, few, if any, will read the article, but I found the whole anti-gay marriage bill that she tried to ram through the Minnesota legislature (apparently her only attempt at legislation), after it had already been agreed upon...it was very telling of the way she works, and what her priorities are. Make no mistake, I am not aruging that she is not intelligent, but I think she has a dangerous social conservative streak that, at this point in time, I just think is counter-productive to anything.

Oh, I missed that one, but I'm definitely not a fan of hers, even though I do hear that the gays do love her. :o

Edited by Magox

Got enough stereotypes in there to fill a Mack truck load of scary monsters?

Do us a favor, before you parrot a progressive definition of the Tea Party, do some research on the Tea Party and why the movement came about and what it is fighting for.

I keep hearing that...and I parroting what I hear from Tea Partiers. I know they had their little mission statement, but recommend something else for me to read that will fill me in with what I am missing. Bachmann is the darling of the party, and she only talks about taxes, and government overspending. She refuses to answer questions about pretty much anything else....please, GG, tell me what to read...I can't find anything...I have asked numerous times, here on this very board, where to get this info...all there is that paltry mission statement. The only thing to go on, that I can find, is what the representitives say, and it isn't a lot different.

Edited by Buftex

I keep hearing that...and I parroting what I hear from Tea Partiers. I know they had their little mission statement, but recommend something else for me to read that will fill me in with what I am missing. Bachmann is the darling of the party, and she only talks about taxes, and government overspending. She refuses to answer questions about pretty much anything else....please, GG, tell me what to read...I can't find anything...I have asked numerous times, here on this very board, where to get this info...all there is that paltry mission statement. The only thing to go on, that I can find, is what the representitives say, and it isn't a lot different.

Here's a review of a paper from a conservative rag.

Here's the subject of the review. A funny bit of "research" whose purpose was to prove that the Tea Partiers are far our fringe conservative racists, yet in conclusion they have to stretch to fit their neat check in the boxes and still come up short.

That's some heady research coming out of the most prestigious US university.

I have a client who paid $310k in federal and state taxes last year. Can you please explain his tax "breaks" to me? You idiots are drawing be back in and I'm not liking it.

Edited by Chef Jim

Here's a review of a paper from a conservative rag.

Here's the subject of the review. A funny bit of "research" whose purpose was to prove that the Tea Partiers are far our fringe conservative racists, yet in conclusion they have to stretch to fit their neat check in the boxes and still come up short.

That's some heady research coming out of the most prestigious US university.

I don't have time to read it now, but I promise I will...I will refrain from any more comments. Thanks!

I have a client who paid $310k in federal and state taxes last year. Can you please explain his tax "breaks" to me? You idiots are drawing be back in and I'm not liking it.

HA HA!!!!

Go back to your retirement thread...I knew I could lure you out of hiding! In the words of the "great" 3rng "If I annoy you, I must be doing something right!"

What amazes me is that while running a 15 trillion deficit, Obama and Co asking for another 1.5 trillion in spending is considered a balanced approach. They are the sane ones. My coffee maker would do a better job than Obama in the White House. No joke either its one of those Keurig ones that use the K-Cups. Very cool. And not very eco friendly I might add. Single K Cups are plastic. So sad.

Edited by Dante