Golisano Talks Future of the Bills in Buffalo

FWIW

I’m concerned about the Buffalo Bills, ever leaving the community of Buffalo, I think it would be a terrible shame. I have made the commitment that if that likelihood appears to be happening, I will try and get involved and see what I can do to prevent it.

http://www.nbc12.com/link/347753/decisionvirginia?redirected=true

Edited by Kingfish

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's me being rational. If Ralph was okay with them leaving, then why wouldn't he have just sold them years ago and make money while he was actually still alive?

Because he likes the sign on his office door that says "Ralph Wilson Jr. Owner, Buffalo Bills." There's only 31 other owners, it's a tough circle to break into.

Because he likes the sign on his office door that says "Ralph Wilson Jr. Owner, Buffalo Bills." There's only 31 other owners, it's a tough circle to break into.

I pretty much agree with 1960 RW is thinking about his legacy somehow and them leaving would impact that in a very bad way. I wouldn't really want Golisano taking over either but if that is what it took to keep them there.........

I pretty much agree with 1960 RW is thinking about his legacy somehow and them leaving would impact that in a very bad way. I wouldn't really want Golisano taking over either but if that is what it took to keep them there.........

Trust me, I hope you're entirely correct. It's all hunches at this point. I personally think Ralph thinks his legacy is cemented as the HOF Owner of the Bills. Whatever happens after him doesn't concern himself.

Trust me, I hope you're entirely correct. It's all hunches at this point. I personally think Ralph thinks his legacy is cemented as the HOF Owner of the Bills. Whatever happens after him doesn't concern himself.

Of course it does. No Buffalo Bills nobody remembers Ralph Wilson. He's relevant as long as the Bills are in Buffalo, NY.

It's possible that RW really doesn't give a flying !@#$ about his legacy. I have no idea what goes through a wealthy old man's head as he approches his final days.

But assuming that he DOES in fact care about his legacy, keep in mind that a big part of it must be tied to the "champion of the small NFL markets" label he's been carrying for all these years. I bet he'd love to stick it to Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones from beyond the grave when those guys realize that his Bills cannot be moved to LA.

Doesn't matter. Bills aren't going anywhere. Ralph wouldn't hold this team here for this long for no good reason.

Ralph wont own the team then so he wont have a say on what happens to the franchise. Many here think he has some kind of contingency plan but If he does why not tell us instead of just flap in the wind. His plan is to sell to the highest bidder and try to take it with him and whatever may to the Bills.

Thanks Tom.

If he has been thinking about his legacy, it's not evident on the field. And why wouldn't you want Golisano as owner? The Sabres did pretty well with him.

As for Golisano's comment, not sure what, exactly, he could do to prevent the Bills from moving once purchased by another owner.

Ralph wont own the team then so he wont have a say on what happens to the franchise. Many here think he has some kind of contingency plan but If he does why not tell us instead of just flap in the wind. His plan is to sell to the highest bidder and try to take it with him and whatever may to the Bills.

Thanks Tom.

Mark Gaughn, a sportswriter for the Buffalo News, recently stated that the current owner of the Bills has a succession plan, the same one he has had for years. It is "sold to the highest bidder" plan.

It's possible that RW really doesn't give a flying !@#$ about his legacy. I have no idea what goes through a wealthy old man's head as he approches his final days.

Interesting comment. It got me thinking about what might be in Ralph's head. Here are some possibilities:

1. Well, maybe I'll be able to take a crap tomorrow.

2. I probably should stop making comments to the press. Everytime I do, I show them that I have no clue about how to run a football operation.

3. My legacy? All I care about is raking in more cash from those peasants in western New York, as long as possible.

4. Last night I had a dream that the Lions owners were willing to swap me even up for the Bills. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

5. They don't realize how hard it is to be a team owner. Last year I had to travel to Buffalo three times.

6. Why do they keep feeding me this mush? If only I could chew a steak.

7. Damn, I dribbled on my shirt again.

8. I don't understand why they criticized me for hiring old men as General Managers. Levy and Nix are only in their seventies.

9. Disgruntled fans are they? Wait until next year when my niece becomes Bills President.

10. I don't know what's worse: when it itches or when I can't feel it at all.