New Stevie Johnson Rap Vid

DUTE

the other dudes are from buffalo. g5gi went to st joes.

he's coming out with a mixtape called "why so serious" featuring more songs w stevie johnson aka stevie styles

also, just curious... do any of you who (besides FB city) are saying this sucks like ANY hip hop? i mean its not great but it isnt terrible either. especially compared to a lot of commercial/pop rap

I love hip hop... but this isn't hip hop. This is talentless rap B.S. that sounds like it could be played on Kiss 98.5

100% agreed. This is the very type of "bling/bling" era rap that almost killed the genere. Not to be confused with actual hip hop. Comparing this to the actual good hip hop is a disgrace

100% agreed. This is the very type of "bling/bling" era rap that almost killed the genere. Not to be confused with actual hip hop. Comparing this to the actual good hip hop is a disgrace

thats like saying "Death Metal is ok, but Thrash is killing the entire Metal genre". No its not, its just a different genre altogether. As hip hop has evolved, we've seen sub-genres break off. It's not just hip hop or rap anymore.

You prefer (Im assuming) more wordy hip hop. Some people prefer more heavy beat driven street rap. You have YOUR tastes, and that's great, but to say one style is factually better is just silly. You're one step away from the people that say "Rap isnt music".

Now, I agree that this particular song is meh at best. But the genres are just fine.

Edited by DrDareustein

Nice! (which one is Stevie? did he grow his dreads back in one off season?)

Last guy to rap. Blue hat. The guy with the dreads raps about blunts, so you can safely assume it isn't him. That and the fact it's obviously not him.

the other dudes are from buffalo. g5gi went to st joes.

he's coming out with a mixtape called "why so serious" featuring more songs w stevie johnson aka stevie styles

also, just curious... do any of you who (besides FB city) are saying this sucks like ANY hip hop? i mean its not great but it isnt terrible either. especially compared to a lot of commercial/pop rap

G5GI is from Buffalo? I live literally 5 min from St. Joes. Nice!

I love hip hop... but this isn't hip hop. This is talentless rap B.S. that sounds like it could be played on Kiss 98.5

Not my cup of tea, but let's face it, this is the type of hip hop music that "the kids" are listening to these days. Like a previous poster eluded to, I prefer rap music that is more lyrical in nature. I don't listen to hip hop music much anymore, but groups like A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Slum Village, Mos Def & Talib Kweli, and The Roots still get some play on my car stereo.

I also agree with a previous post that Stevie's verse was better than all of the other rappers in that video.