Sunday Ticket

Ok anyone know anything about it being free for the season.My wife just told me she saw a ad I know my bill has not had a renewal offer on it yet.I bet its a come on for new cust.only. Guess it will be a few phone calls to them like always I will let the wife do that as her voice just seems to work beter then mine lol.

What a crock. I've been a subscriber for years. I think there's a phone call in my future

Should everyone just get it for free? New customers always get perks. Just call them and ask for a reduced rate. They rarely say no.

Should everyone just get it for free? New customers always get perks. Just call them and ask for a reduced rate. They rarely say no.

A few days ago I called DirecTV to get a discount on the NFL Ticket. I was told by a supervisor that nothing can be done until there was a CBA agreement. When that happens I'm going to call again to get a "loyal customer" discount. If I get it I will be satisfied. If I don't get it I will drop the plan.

A few days ago I called DirecTV to get a discount on the NFL Ticket. I was told by a supervisor that nothing can be done until there was a CBA agreement. When that happens I'm going to call again to get a "loyal customer" discount. If I get it I will be satisfied. If I don't get it I will drop the plan.

Yeah John, I was going to wait until an agreement is signed and then call. I'm sure they will give out some discount. I only got $60.00 off last year but I didn't fight too much. This year I will.

I don't know what you guys are talking about but I called today and they said it wasn't free for first time subscribers and was told for just 5 easy payments of $66 and change it would be free, yeah no thanks. Paying for the UFC is bad enough and there is no way I'm paying for football when I can watch the Bills and see most teams, the playoffs and the superbowl.

Its a big Expense. Direct TV paid millions for the rights and they are going to collect it back. As for me I go to my neighborhood sports bar, have a little breakfast (I'm on the west coast) and watch my Bills. Have to put up with noise from fans of other teams but that is half the fun.... :lol:

I've seen the Ad at least 5 times today and it's FREE. Just wait until the deal is signed. As for you seeing the Bills for free, a lot of us live out of town and it's the only way to see them. I will make my yearly call and get the discount I'm sure. For direct tv and the NFL, some is better than none. Say you'll drop it and they'll cut the price.

I don't know what you guys are talking about but I called today and they said it wasn't free for first time subscribers and was told for just 5 easy payments of $66 and change it would be free, yeah no thanks. Paying for the UFC is bad enough and there is no way I'm paying for football when I can watch the Bills and see most teams, the playoffs and the superbowl.

Yeah John, I was going to wait until an agreement is signed and then call. I'm sure they will give out some discount. I only got $60.00 off last year but I didn't fight too much. This year I will.

If you don't get the offer you want go to the heritiage argument: Tell them you are an Italian with family in the collection business. Simply make them an offer they can't refuse! :devil:

The price is NEVER the price for Sunday Ticket if you know how to play the game. Call Directv. When the automated voice asks you the purpose of your call, say "cancel service." When she asks you to confirm, say "cancel service" again. This will take you to customer retention. They are much more willing to deal to keep you happy than are the regular, foreign-based CSRs. The list price of $335 is outrageous, especially in this economy. But I would say you should be able to get a discount if you hit the right CSR, and you are EXTREMELY FRIENDLY AND NOT PUSHY. Just state your case about the ads you saw for the premier package with free Sunday Ticket. Tell them you simply cannot justify keeping Sunday Ticket at the current listed price, and that ST is one of the things keeping you with Directv. They know that there are deals for Fios and cable in mailboxes, all over America, every mail delivery day. So as long as you truly do have a good history with them, you should do a lot better than the asking price of $335. Good luck.

Its a big Expense. Direct TV paid millions for the rights and they are going to collect it back. As for me I go to my neighborhood sports bar, have a little breakfast (I'm on the west coast) and watch my Bills. Have to put up with noise from fans of other teams but that is half the fun.... :lol:

Yeah, it's about 50 miles for me to the local Sacramento Bills Backers hangout. I prefer to wake up, grab a cup of coffee & a bagel and watch the game at home.

Guess I'll be trying for a discount.

If you don't get the offer you want go to the heritiage argument: Tell them you are an Italian with family in the collection business. Simply make them an offer they can't refuse! :devil:

Shouldn't they know that by my last name...Antonucci? Do I have to remind them again??

It has been free to new customers for years.

Not when I signed up about 9 years ago. I got 3 months of their premium movie package with HBO, Shotime, etc. I'm no longer getting Sunday Ticket because the Bills are simply inept. I can no longer bear to watch. :thumbdown:

I am however going to get NHL Center Ice for the first time because unlike the Bills, the Sabres have a talent and an owner committed to winning. Do I think they will win the Stanley Cup, no. Will they be a good, entertaining team, hell yea! :thumbsup:

I called a while back to get my reduced rate. They offered $10 a month credit for a year, which for me wasn't enough. I asked for more and they didn't blink so I canceled. It surprised me that they did not make a better offer. I may call one more time.

The only reason i still have DirecTV is for the Sunday Ticket. I have FIOS running into the house for my Internet and phone -- I may go the complete route for them. Maybe I'll use that line when i call back.

You wouldn't have proven yourself to be very loyal if you did that :P