CJ Spiller and Stevie Johnson

I think these two guys are the most intriguing players on the team heading into the new season. Will Steve Johnson build off of his success from last year and have a great season? Will CJ Spiller bounce back from a disappointing rookie campaign and be a difference maker?

Personally I think they're both going to go off and next year we'll be talking about them as the two biggest play makers on the team.

I think these two guys are the most intriguing players on the team heading into the new season. Will Steve Johnson build off of his success from last year and have a great season? Will CJ Spiller bounce back from a disappointing rookie campaign and be a difference maker?

Personally I think they're both going to go off and next year we'll be talking about them as the two biggest play makers on the team.

Spiller will have a much bigger role from the start of camp and hopefully the game slows down for him.

As for Stevie, it depends hugely on Evans. As much as some fans love to trash Evans, he still commands a double because teams know the Bills have no other threat to be them downfield. Look at Johnson's numbers without Lee. So if Lee is there all season, I don't see why SJ can't put up similar numbers. And since he is a team guy, SJ's numbers will come at the expense of Evans.

Spiller will have a much bigger role from the start of camp and hopefully the game slows down for him.

As for Stevie, it depends hugely on Evans. As much as some fans love to trash Evans, he still commands a double because teams know the Bills have no other threat to be them downfield. Look at Johnson's numbers without Lee. So if Lee is there all season, I don't see why SJ can't put up similar numbers. And since he is a team guy, SJ's numbers will come at the expense of Evans.

So Roscoe can't beat them down the field?

So Roscoe can't beat them down the field?

Roscoe is more quick than fast. He has a career average of 11.2 yards/ catch. He doesn't scare defenses.

In the games Evans and Fitz started and finished, the Bills average 23 points/ game. In the 3 games without Lee, we averaged 9. Evans' numbers have dropped but he is still our most feared receiver. IF we ever lose him, our offense would be brutal because defenses would sit on the short routes that make SJ and Roscoe so effective.

I agree and like the optimisim. I also think that other players will come out of nowhere and shine!

Roscoe is more quick than fast. He has a career average of 11.2 yards/ catch. He doesn't scare defenses.

In the games Evans and Fitz started and finished, the Bills average 23 points/ game. In the 3 games without Lee, we averaged 9. Evans' numbers have dropped but he is still our most feared receiver. IF we ever lose him, our offense would be brutal because defenses would sit on the short routes that make SJ and Roscoe so effective.

I agree with Lee's importance, but I disagree with Roscoe not being fast. Size is his limiting factor more than speed and he is a small target far down the field. He can't make up for the margin of error downfield with long arms or a big reach. the same reason that Moss has been so deadly deep is where his game is weaker. Running to a spot on the field I think he can do just fine, but when he gets there he is still just five feet nothing, a hundred and nothing, and that makes a difference as you get further from the LOS and throws are less precise.

I could ruin it by mentioning the defense...

Barring massive injuries to key players, our young D should improve with experience thru out the season. I'm very much looking forward to seeing our young guys grow into their roles. Our offense has a lot of young promise as well. A few key young acquisitions in FA and our O could begin to fly.

Now nucci if you wanted to throw a wrench in the optimistic gears, all you had to do was mention a certain 7 foot invisible bunny rabbit and his view on things.

Edited by Pilsner

Nice post. Its makes me smile to think we'll be finding this out very soon. Personally, i feel Dareus is the most intriguing. Will he be able to transform our defense from a turnstile to a brick wall (I'd settle for a barbed wire fence)? While cj will most definitely be more involved,

I believe it's freds show and he will be our biggest playmaker, with CJ showing more and more signs of why he was drafted so high.

It's almost here!!!!

I predict we'll start the year with a lot of 5 wide spread formations and hit Evans, Parrish, Easley, Johnson & Spiller all over the field. Then once defenses learn that they have to back off the line for coverage, it should open up the running game. I am really looking forward to the upcoming season & the best record we've seen in a long time

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

Barring massive injuries to key players, our young D should improve with experience thru out the season. I'm very much looking forward to seeing our young guys grow into their roles. Our offense has a lot of young promise as well. A few key young acquisitions in FA and our O could begin to fly.

Now nucci if you wanted to throw a wrench in the optimistic gears, all you had to do was mention a certain 7 foot invisible bunny rabbit and his view on things.

I know the D will get better, just wished there were some off-season practices to get started.