Worst Team Drafts

Not bad by your boys, Astro.

A bit disappointed about this…

"Many of these players have found homes on other rosters around the league - having been claimed off waivers, off the practice squad, or signed as a free agent (after having been cut). However. some of these players are out of the league, or playing elsewhere (CFL or Arena).

Got Player Updates? Forward your updates, along with supporting links to Joe Mays at Drafttek.com"

But I'm glad Joe is soliciting updates. It's a great idea and an excellent way to process a lot of information quickly.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product and a second color on the chart.

The dude has a speech impediment. He can't help it so back off him. :thumbdown:

He can't help it? Well he certainly can; there are speech therapists all over the country. I don't know if he's tried one or not. Seemed to me he was just nervous, which made for some fantastically hilarious sound bites.

He can't help it? Well he certainly can; there are speech therapists all over the country. I don't know if he's tried one or not. Seemed to me he was just nervous, which made for some fantastically hilarious sound bites.

I'm sure Ellis grew up in a rich family with access to the best doctors and speech therapists in the world. Like you, I simply can't understand why he didn't take advantage of his silver spoon upbringing.

Wow.

http://www.drafttek.com/consolidatednfldraft-stillwithteam.asp

Miami and Chicago's drafts 3 years ago bit the weenie. Wouldn't even compare with the Bills' Maybin draft.

For whatever reason I can't open the link at work, but I'd have to imagine the Bills' "Maybin" draft was an above average one if anything. Didn't they take Wood, Levitre and Byrd in succession? Hitting on 3 of your first 4 picks works for me. Although I do think the jury is still out on Byrd somewhat.

Wow.

Wow what? I'm supposed to feel sorry for a guy who got a free ride through college and the opportunity to compete for a job with an NFL team? Please. He was nervous and gave a hilarious interview. Excuse my "insensitivity." I laugh at things that are funny.

Dallas' draft pretty much blew also.

I still can't believe Ellis "like-a-um, like-a-um, like-a-um" Lankster isn't still on the team.

Agreed i thought he (Ellis Langster) was a decent pick that could have developed into a good player for us & Nic Harris is another for what ever reason i thought he would be a good player !

Edited by T master

Wow what? I'm supposed to feel sorry for a guy who got a free ride through college and the opportunity to compete for a job with an NFL team? Please. He was nervous and gave a hilarious interview. Excuse my "insensitivity." I laugh at things that are funny.

I don't know whether or not you should feel sorry for him, I don't know the man. Chances are he doesn't feel sorry for himself and certainly doesn't want anyone feeling sorry for him. I just don't know why watching someone struggle with a developmental disability is funny. I mean, I think Naked Gun is funny and Revenge of the Nerds is funny, but I just didn't find Ellis Lankster's postgame conference that amusing. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.

:lol:

how'd you like it

Personally I felt embarrassed for Lankster when he attempted that interview.

I was not laughing, I was cringing. But that's just me.

Fan sites are funny because you can completely agree with and totally respect a certain poster 99% of the time and then disagree with them vehemently the other 1%.

I'm surprised eball got pleasure/humor from the Lankster interview but it's no big deal either, IMO.

When Aaron Maybin and Shawn Nelson are released after training camp, our draft will look just as bad as theirs.

While I don't have high hopes for either of those two, I have very high hopes for Eric Wood, Andy Levitre & J Byrd. Three high quality starters out of a draft is not bad at all.

Personally I felt embarrassed for Lankster when he attempted that interview.

I was not laughing, I was cringing. But that's just me.

Fan sites are funny because you can completely agree with and totally respect a certain poster 99% of the time and then disagree with them vehemently the other 1%.

I'm surprised eball got pleasure/humor from the Lankster interview but it's no big deal either, IMO.

Do you think mocking a disabled person reflects most on someone's sense of humor, intellect or character?

Do you think mocking a disabled person reflects most on someone's sense of humor, intellect or character?

Good question. I'd go with character. I'd wonder if Ellis Lankster were say, eball's nephew or something, and he had a stuttering problem and with a bunch of reporters and lights shining in his face for his first real NFL interview, he got nervous and stuttered a lot, if eball would find it as amusing. I'm assuming he wouldn't find it quite as amusing. Furthermore, I wonder how he would feel if he went on some NFL message board and saw some guy named "eball" taking delight in his nephew's disability. That being said, the whole problem could have been easily averted had Lankster simply taken advantage of the many speech therapy programs made available to him throughout his life. In fact, I'm sure he's never even addressed the problem.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Who will be laughing when I correct Ellis' stutter and he goes on to redeem himself in an interview that changes the fate of nations and I sell the screen play and movie rights and Ellis and I become worth more than Ko Simpson?

In other news it appears Ellis has a future contract waiting for him with the Jets, whatever that means.

I couldn't make a blanket statement about this. Each case is different.

Like I said I was surprised that eball found it humorous because when he debates, he's usually pretty respectful of others' opinions. He's usually civil and obviously a pretty smart guy. He doesnt usually get into name calling.

Personally I think eball has good character.

So based on that, he must have a lousy sense of humor.

:)

Who will be laughing when I correct Ellis' stutter and he goes on to redeem himself in an interview that changes the fate of nations and I sell the screen play and movie rights and Ellis and I become worth more than Ko Simpson?

In other news it appears Ellis has a future contract waiting for him with the Jets, whatever that means.

Dude, you're wacked.

Do you have any idea how much Ko Simpson is worth?

It's pretty interesting that my character, intellect, and sense of humor are now being questioned/debated because I found Lankster's stuttering interview amusing. I guarantee you if I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Lankster, one of the first things I'd say to him is, "man, what was UP with that interview?"

When I was a little kid I laughed when my grandmother slipped on a throw rug and landed on her hip. She was hurt -- did that make it less funny? Am I a "bad" person because I laugh at the pure humor and am able to separate it from the underlying circumstances? That's for you to judge -- I'm not worried about what's in my head or heart. The people who actually know me wouldn't disagree.

Stutter on, Ellis.

It's pretty interesting that my character, intellect, and sense of humor are now being questioned/debated because I found Lankster's stuttering interview amusing.

I guarantee you if I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Lankster, one of the first things I'd say to him is, "man, what was UP with that interview?"

Do you think he would stutter while responding to you?

:)