Forbes: the next boom towns

Beerball

...and they're all in the South, does that no surprise anyone? So nice not to see Miami, Atlanta, or New Orleans on there, too.

Charlotte is much better then Raleigh, but Raleigh receives all of the funding and is lured by the state bureacrats to the capitol. It is rather interesting as a case study. Charlotte has businesses luring other business and Raleigh has government luring business.

...and they're all in the South, does that no surprise anyone? So nice not to see Miami, Atlanta, or New Orleans on there, too.

Charlotte is much better then Raleigh, but Raleigh receives all of the funding and is lured by the state bureacrats to the capitol. It is rather interesting as a case study. Charlotte has businesses luring other business and Raleigh has government luring business.

Research Triangle Park home to over 170 global companies.

I can't believe how ignorant that statement is. Raleigh is not going to grow at all because of government, as NC pointed out, Raleigh and the surrounding area will boom because of the Research Triangle Park and new large businesses settling down here, such as Novartis, et al.

I can't believe how ignorant that statement is. Raleigh is not going to grow at all because of government, as NC pointed out, Raleigh and the surrounding area will boom because of the Research Triangle Park and new large businesses settling down here, such as Novartis, et al.

It is not ignorance. Raleigh has done so very little to give Charlotte any cred. Charlotte is bigger then Raleigh and receives far less funding (partly because of schools, yes). Raleigh is nice but it is not Charlotte.

Edited by jboyst62

It is not ignorance. Raleigh has done so very little to give Charlotte any cred. Charlotte is bigger then Raleigh and receives far less funding (partly because of schools, yes). Raleigh is nice but it is not Charlotte.

The Sabres come to play in Raleigh twice every year, therefore Raleigh > Charlotte.

The Sabres come to play in Raleigh twice every year, therefore Raleigh > Charlotte.

Is the famous big city detective Barney Fife still in Raleigh?

Barney Fife: Well, today's eight-year-olds are tomorrow's teenagers. I say this calls for action and now. Nip it in the bud. First sign of youngsters going wrong, you've got to nip it in the bud.

Andy Taylor: I'm going to have a talk with them. What else do you want me to do?

Barney Fife: Well, don't just mollycoddle them.

Andy Taylor: I won't.

Barney Fife: Nip it. You go read any book you ant on the subject of child discipline and you'll find every one of them is in favor of bud-nipping.