John Wawrow & WR Donald Jones on Coach Sal

when does it usually go up on demand?

Usually within 24 hours. I think Sal is as good as anyone on WGR, if not better. What I like best is he talks about what is as opposed to spinning everything to the negative like WGR tends to do.

FYI, last week's show is on-demand at the Sal site. Good interview with Jay Skurski of the Buffalo News.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Rats! I missed it...what did JW have to say specifically PTR?

1) That lockout settlement has been a moving target, close one minute further the next.

2) That even if a deal is struck NFL owners will be forced to ratify very quickly, setting up another situation like last time when Ralph said no.

3) That there is a real sense the Bills are available once Ralph croaks and that it will take billionaires like Pegula, Golisano and Gundlach, plus political pressure from Chuck Schumer to keep them here. JW once said he felt strongly the Bills would stay, but he has backed off that feeling since.

The replay will be up in a few hours. Honestly the best part was the first 30 minutes tonight.

PTR

1) That lockout settlement has been a moving target, close one minute further the next.

2) That even if a deal is struck NFL owners will be forced to ratify very quickly, setting up another situation like last time when Ralph said no.

3) That there is a real sense the Bills are available once Ralph croaks and that it will take billionaires like Pegula, Golisano and Gundlach, plus political pressure from Chuck Schumer to keep them here. JW once said he felt strongly the Bills would stay, but he has backed off that feeling since.

The replay will be up in a few hours. Honestly the best part was the first 30 minutes tonight.

PTR

Hmmm, I was hoping that the partial sale of a NFL franchise recently was from Ralph...I wish I knew what Kelly thinks he knows. Interesting that he felt strongly, then backed off. Disturbing actually.

Hmmm, I was hoping that the partial sale of a NFL franchise recently was from Ralph...I wish I knew what Kelly thinks he knows. Interesting that he felt strongly, then backed off. Disturbing actually.

The fact JW could run off a list of billionaires who, at least in the cases of Galisano and Gundlach, have directly expressed an interest in buying and keeping the team in WNY is very positive if you ask me. And have no doubt Chuck Schumer and NYS pols will throw a fit if the Bills look in jeopardy. NYS does not want to lose any more assets, economically or for the black eye embarrassment it would be to the state; dying economy and population will be all out in the news if the Bills did leave. And no one knows who Kelly's group is. Could be some of the previously named people or others, but I don't believe Kelly would go out of his way to say he has a group if he didn't. And once again, no announced plan does not mean Mr. Wilson has no plan. But an unknown plan would make conjecture that the Bills are up to the highest bidder an easy assumption. But it's just an assumption. Mr. Wilson is a successful business man. Do you truly believe he has no plan for his business, and not just his business, but the business his legacy is attached to?

Sam Farmer, LA Times NFL Reporter, said last year in an interview he didn't think the Bills would be the team based on tradition and more importantly the large influence and potential messy influence of NYS politicians. The one thing we know is that NYS pols do messy very well. Nobody wants the Bills to leave on their watch, believe that!

Don't be disturbed. You have several common sense reasons I just gave to feel positive or, at least, neutral about the situation. There are no guarantees, but they are not out the door yet and I don't believe they will be.

good news for Sal and his new TV show with Donald Jones. My question is though, what happens if Donald Jones doesn't make the team? I think he's a good player but he is not a lock at one of our deepest positions WR.

I don't think Jones is going anywhere. He's a good receiver and excellent on special teams. He's proven to be very versatile and in a tight battle for roster spots that always makes a difference. Roosevelt probably back to the PS.

Edited by purple haze

. . . no announced plan does not mean Mr. Wilson has no plan.

That's true, but there's a problem.

1. In a 2007 interview, Mr. Wilson announced that he will not be leaving the team to his wife or his daughters, and that the team will be sold after he passes:

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2007/06/17/ralph-wilson-says-he-wont-sell-the-bills/

"The Bills are Ralph Wilson’s football team. It always has been his football team, and he’s holding on as tight as ever. The 88-year-old Wilson is the only owner the Buffalo Bills franchise has had in its history, and that’s the way it’s going to stay as long as he’s alive. In his first comments on the future of the team in more than a year, Wilson stated in an interview with Mark Gaughan of The Buffalo News that the team will be sold after ” not before ” he dies. He also stated, point blank, that he would not leave the team to his wife, Mary a scenario about which there has been considerable speculation. “I think she’s capable and she could do it, but it would be tough,” Wilson said. “My daughters are interested in the game, but they’re not going to own the team.”

2. Here's what the relevant part of the 2006 version of the Constitution and Bylaws of the NFL says about transfer of membership in the league - - it controls ALL transfers, whether during Ralph's life or after his death:

http://static.nfl.co...ers/pdf/co_.pdf [see Article III, section 3.5("Transfer of Membership"), specifically at pages 8/292 through 9/292]

"3.5 No membership, or any interest therein, may be sold, assigned, or otherwise transferred in whole or in part except in accordance with and subject to the following provisions:

A. Application for the sale, transfer or assignment of a membership, or of any interest therein, must be made in writing to the Commissioner. Upon receipt of such application, the Commissioner is empowered to require from applicant and applicant shall furnish such information as the Commissioners deems appropriate, including:

(1) The names and addresses of each of the buyers, tranferees or assignees thereof;

(2) The price to be paid for such sale, transfer, or assignment, and the terms of payment, including a description of the security for the unpaid balance, if any;

(3) A banking reference for each buyer, transferee, or assignee; and

(4) If the buyer, transferee or assignee is a corporation, a copy of the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws thereof, together with a copy of the share certificates of each class of stock to be outstanding, the names and addresses of the directors and officers thereof, the names and the addresses of the stockholders therein, and the price paid or to be paid and the time of payment for said stock, a copy of any proposed voting trust agreement and of any voting trust certificates.

B. Upon receipt thereof, the Commissioner shall conduct such investigation as he deems appropriate. Upon completion thereof, the Commissioner shall submit the proposed transfer to the members for approval, together with his recommendation thereon, and all information in respect thereto that the Commissioner deems appropriate. All sales, transfers, or assignments, except a transfer referred to in section 3.5© hereof, shall only become effective if approved by the affirmative vote of not less than three-fourths or 20, whichever is greater, of the members of the League.

C. If any person owning or holding a membership, or an interest therein, dies, such membership or interest therein may be transferred to a member of the "immediate family" of the deceased without requiring the consent or approval of the members of the League nor the Commissioner. Similarly, if any person owning or holding a membership or an interest therein, by stock ownership or otherwise, seeks to transfer such membership or any interest therein by gift, such membership or the interest therein my be transferred to the donee if the donee is a member of the "immediate family" of the donor. In such event, no consent or approval of the members of the League or the Commissioner shall be required to complete such transfer. The "immediate family" for the purpose of this paragraph shall mean the wife, child, mother, father, brothers and sisters, or any other lineal descendant of the deceased or donor. In all other cases involving death or transfers by gift, any person succeeding to a membership or an interest therein, whether by gift, will, intestacy, or otherwise, must be first investigated by the Commissioner in such manner as the Commissioner deems appropriate. Upon the completion thereof, the Commissioner shall submit such succession or transfer to the membership for approval and shall accompany the same with his recommendation thereon. No such succession or transfer shall be effective unless first approved by the affirmative vote of not less than three-fourths or 20, whichever is greater, of the members of the League."

3. So if the team is going to be sold after Ralph dies, like Ralph said it would back in 2007, then control over who becomes the next owner of the Bills lies with the other NFL owners, not with Ralph. Maybe Ralph's never identified who the next owner of the Bills will be simply because he realizes that if he doesn't leave the team to a "member of the immediate family," he can't control who it will be. If 24 of the remaining 31 NFL owners want to accept Mr. Magoo's offer to buy Ralph's controlling interest in the team from Ralph's estate, and move the team to Timbukthree, guess what happens?

4. Can NY politicians influence the vote of enough of the other 31 NFL owners to prevent Mr. Magoo's offer from getting 24 approval votes? Maybe. I suppose the Jets and Giants have close enough ties to NY to be influenced by NY politicians, even though their new joint stadium is in NJ. But the NY politicans will need to get a total of 8 "NO" votes to scuttle the Mr. Magoo deal. Where do they get the other 6?

That's true, but there's a problem.

1. In a 2007 interview, Mr. Wilson announced that he will not be leaving the team to his wife or his daughters, and that the team will be sold after he passes:

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2007/06/17/ralph-wilson-says-he-wont-sell-the-bills/

2. Here's what the relevant part of the 2006 version of the Constitution and Bylaws of the NFL says about transfer of membership in the league - - it controls ALL transfers, whether during Ralph's life or after his death:

http://static.nfl.co...ers/pdf/co_.pdf [see Article III, section 3.5("Transfer of Membership"), specifically at pages 8/292 through 9/292]

3. So if the team is going to be sold after Ralph dies, like Ralph said it would back in 2007, then control over who becomes the next owner of the Bills lies with the other NFL owners, not with Ralph. Maybe Ralph's never identified who the next owner of the Bills will be simply because he realizes that if he doesn't leave the team to a "member of the immediate family," he can't control who it will be. If 24 of the remaining 31 NFL owners want to accept Mr. Magoo's offer to buy Ralph's controlling interest in the team from Ralph's estate, and move the team to Timbukthree, guess what happens?

4. Can NY politicians influence the vote of enough of the other 31 NFL owners to prevent Mr. Magoo's offer from getting 24 approval votes? Maybe. I suppose the Jets and Giants have close enough ties to NY to be influenced by NY politicians, even though their new joint stadium is in NJ. But the NY politicans will need to get a total of 8 "NO" votes to scuttle the Mr. Magoo deal. Where do they get the other 6?

Mary Owen, his niece is a very good possibility. She's being groomed for leadership. That much is apparent. And if Mr. Wilson left the team to a person outside his family who's to say it would be rejected by the league? IF they were a financially viable entity I don't see them not being approved.

And we aren't just talking about NY State federal pols, but state and county pols as well. There are no guarantees, but I don't think it's something to be all that concerned about. Getting the Bills out of Buffalo would be a messy process, politically and socially. The Browns move was such a black eye on the league Tagliabue had to assure Cleveland they would get the Browns returned if a new stadium got built.

Edited by purple haze

Mary Owen, his niece is a very good possibility. She's being groomed for leadership. That much is apparent. And if Mr. Wilson left the team to a person outside his family who's to say it would be rejected by the league? IF they were a financially viable entity I don't see them not being approved.

And we aren't just talking about NY State federal pols, but state and county pols as well. There are no guarantees, but I don't think it's something to be all that concerned about. Getting the Bills out of Buffalo would be a messy process, politically and socially. The Browns move was such a black eye on the league Tagliabue had to assure Cleveland they would get the Browns returned if a new stadium got built.

Ms. Owen would certainly be the most attractive owner in the league, I think...

post-2970-051755500 1310602592_thumb.jpg