Anybody watching women's world cup?

Ya I've enjoyed the ladies matches more than I expected. Japan passes really well so it's going to be a good challenge. I hope our D flexes it's muscles.

I haven't seen but about ten mins of the Japanese ladies play, so I don't know much about them at all, but I'm really loving the skill set of our US ladies. Even in only the last couple of matches, I've seen them do things that I honestly didn't know they were capable of doing.

This is off topic (sorta), but here's an MLS video that was on the Soccer by Ives site...it's pretty cool. I"m really proud of MLS having not only survived for 15 years, but gotten to the point where they are on very solid footing for the future. I may even actually follow the league next season now that Philly has a team :thumbsup:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha you know what ajzepp, Im in the same boat as you. I will probably begin following MLS next season too. So far tho I can't find a team that meshes with me yet. Waiting for the right team to grow on me. Even tho the Bills were so far away there was no question about how they became my team. I want that same connection with the right MLS team.

Awesome vid btw :thumbsup: That last goal in the vid was absolutely sick.

Edited by Pilsner

Haha you know what ajzepp, Im in the same boat as you. I will probably begin following MLS next season too. So far tho I can't find a team that meshes with me yet. Waiting for the right team to grow on me. Even tho the Bills were so far away there was no question about how they became my team. I want that same connection with the right MLS team.

Timbers, baby! This is their first year, so why now "connect" with them. Start from the beginning, like me. :D

Okay, you can't just say that and then not finish the story! lol How did the Bills become your team? And how far away from B-lo are ya?

And yeah, I remember watching highlight vids from the MLS from years ago, and the quality of the goal scoring AND the goalkeeping was just not anywhere near what it is now. It's still not even close to some of the premier national leagues in Europe, but it's much more watchable now than it has ever been. The fans are becoming very passionate, attendance continues to improve, and they have been putting up soccer-only stadiums for the teams. The one in Philly looks absolutely amazing...I can't wait to get back up there to see a game!

Timbers, baby! This is their first year, so why now "connect" with them. Start from the beginning, like me. :D

Have you been to a game yet? If I ever get up there to visit ya, we'll have to go...I bet it's a great scene!

Have you been to a game yet? If I ever get up there to visit ya, we'll have to go...I bet it's a great scene!

No, but I do wanna go to one. I'll probably have to buy the tickets a year in advance. The cheaper tickets sell out fast! The people here are crazy about this team. :lol:

Okay, you can't just say that and then not finish the story! lol How did the Bills become your team? And how far away from B-lo are ya?

And yeah, I remember watching highlight vids from the MLS from years ago, and the quality of the goal scoring AND the goalkeeping was just not anywhere near what it is now. It's still not even close to some of the premier national leagues in Europe, but it's much more watchable now than it has ever been. The fans are becoming very passionate, attendance continues to improve, and they have been putting up soccer-only stadiums for the teams. The one in Philly looks absolutely amazing...I can't wait to get back up there to see a game!

I'm on the west coast in Cali like a lot of hard core Bills fans. They became my team cause well... they just did. No way to explain it really.

Lana, your viewpoint is tempting me. I'll have an open mind.

I'm on the west coast in Cali like a lot of hard core Bills fans. They became my team cause well... they just did. No way to explain it really.

Lana, your viewpoint is tempting me. I'll have an open mind.

Lana's a Temptress?:unsure:

A victory for our ladies will solidify an elevated place for them that the soccer gods cannot deny. I hope they pass like a college professor passes his/her favorite hot female pupil. I hope they score like the only man invited to a party hosted by hot amazonian women. I hope they defend like they are innocent catholic school girls with their virginity being called into question.

It'll be a good game! :thumbsup:

Lana's a Temptress?:unsure:

Ya I guess she is. She is tempting me to consider the Timbers. Thank goodness she isn't going the seductress route, otherwise Id already be ordering several Timbers jerseys :ph34r:

Edited by Pilsner