Herm Edwards gets evangelical at the Rookie Symposium

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Herm-Edwards-gets-evangelical-at-the-Rookie-Symp;_ylt=AsF3VbrS63uswf8zPejNUoFDubYF?urn=nfl-wp3117

I do not feel like hitting some blocking sleds like reviewer but it might be from having to hit reload 6 times.

Good speech but I doubt it will make much a difference with most of the rookies.

Other than being a horrible game manager, my only significant memory of Edwards was him going all Ike Turner on his elderly RB coach on the sideline in a nationally televised game.

You mean other than returning that Joe Pisarcik fumble at the end of the game for a TD in the late '70s? That's still my number 1 Herm memory personally.....

You mean other than returning that Joe Pisarcik fumble at the end of the game for a TD in the late '70s? That's still my number 1 Herm memory personally.....

File that under funny when it happens to them. I am still in denial over Losman putting it on the ground on that naked bootleg to hand the Jets the game. Maybe JP stands for Joe Pisarcik?

regardless of what you think of him his message was very well presented to probably the biggest collection of egomaniacs on the planet, and while most of them will let it filter through their earholes, the speech contained excellent advice. If you don't sprinkle some humour in these types of speeches, people simply tune it out.

I'm not a big fan of Herm for his coaching abilities but he did give great advice. There is a group of players that is level headed and open to the advice although they probably already go by it. Another group will be so into themselves that the advice will go in one ear and out the other. A 3rd group is somewhere in the middle and it is this group that imo Herm can have the most effect on.

I think our last two drafts lean towards the first group.

Guest three3

he was definitely channeling chris rock and a lot of other comedians. and "dun nun nun, dun nun nun" lol