JUST CANCEL THE DAMN SEASON ALREADY!

The NFL is by far my favorite sport and I love my Buffalo Bills even though they haven't made the playoffs in eleven seasons. I want football back just as much as everybody else. But the truth is, this whole lockout has turned my stomach towards the NFL. Situations like this remind us that there are very few NFL players who actually play because they love the game. The NFL is no different than any other professional sport... Its all about money!

You mean to tell me that in four months (maybe more, I dunno), the NFL and NFLPA can't come to a new CBA? I'm not going to go into how rediculous this whole situation is because that would just be redundantly stating the obvious. As I said, I'm a die-hard Buffalo Bills fan and an NFL fan and I can not imagine what my Sunday afternoons will be like if the NFL is not on TV this fall. However, maybe its actually for the best. When the nations number one sport and its teams and owners loose Millions upon millions of dollars should the NFL cancel the upcoming season, than there ignorant greed will have gotten the best of them and, maybe that is exactly what needs to happen.

I've listened to Roger Goodell feed all of us the same story for months now, as well as the owners. Not to mention the players bragging about how great it would be to not have to endure training camps and the dreaded TWO MORE GAMES on the schedule (OH NOOOOOOO!!!, Yes Hines Ward, that was a direct shot at you, now go back to dancing, plz...) Bottom line is, I was once a proud fan of this sport and now I'm embarrassed to even say that I AM a fan of the sport. Just cancel the season NFL, stop embarrasing us, the fans, but most of all...YOURSELVES!

The NFL and NFLPA have been negotiating on a new deal. In fact, the rumor is that there will be a new CBA soon, very soon. My advice to you would be to go smoke a HUGE doobie, and crawl back under the rock you've been living in for the past few months. Good day sir, I said good day.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are really cruel.

This poor guy probably held back his rant for several months, but then something happened that put him over the top. It could have been a hangnail, constipation or any other straw that broke the camel's back. Now play nice, so we can continue discussing the same few subjects ad nauseum while we wait for something to happen.

Wait...

Now that I think about it, given a choice of rehashing the same subjects over and over, or blasting each other, maybe we need to do more of this.

Okay...

Your mother wears army boots. Go ahead and fire back at me. :rolleyes:

You guys are really cruel.

This poor guy probably held back his rant for several months, but then something happened that put him over the top. It could have been a hangnail, constipation or any other straw that broke the camel's back. Now play nice, so we can continue discussing the same few subjects ad nauseum while we wait for something to happen.

Wait...

Now that I think about it, given a choice of rehashing the same subjects over and over, or blasting each other, maybe we need to do more of this.

Okay...

Your mother wears army boots. Go ahead and fire back at me. :rolleyes:

Well, for your information, she doesn't wear ARMY BOOTS, she wears Danner Desert TFX Rough-Out GTX Combat Boots. geezzz! Why you gotta dis my Mother like that?

I can understand the frustration(OP),but If this was your football team ( as an owner) or your occupation (as a player) you would probably be a little more concerned with the outcome. The National Football League exhibits one of the highest levels of sports entertainment the world has ever seen. Everyone loses when the season gets cancelled.

I for one can't wait to see Marcell Dareus and Co. hit the football field...

We're still a MONTH away from the lockout cutting into any scheduled activities. Given that they could go a full month into the regular schedule and still be fine (just cut pre-season), we are at least 2 months away from the lockout effecting the regular season.

If nothing is done by July/August, then yes by all means, rant about them canceling the season. But right now, we're still 6-8 weeks away from it really mattering.

ok, now let me get this straight. a poster questions whether your initial tirade was but yet another sign of the public school's system's failing.

and you respond by saying you've in fact read dumber posts and proceed to follow with ellipses, and what comes across as an incoherently incomprehensible attempt at a putdown.

are you saying you've ready dumber posts, and that the "hotshot's" post in question isn't as dumb as some of the dumb one's you've read?

and, without having read your posting history, might you include some of your own posts as being "dumber." this response certainly might rank up -- or might it be down -- there.

you see, i've read this "jackass" post of yours several times in an attempt to make heads or tails out of it. and the only conclusion i can come to is that the poster questioning the state of the public school system might be on to something.

jw

:thumbsup:

The OP made an emotional post and you guys crucified him.

I think it shows the greed, and selfishness of both the NFL and NFLPA. It would be poetic justice if no fans showed up at any games or watch any on TV after all this. They all act like their money is being stolen from them, when in reality we are paying all of their salaries. They both should be negotiating with us fans. I for one would lock all of their butts out.

I think this is going to last a lot longer than they are leading us to believe.

Put me down as October 10 for the "CBA deal gets done" football pool. :thumbsup:

The OP made an emotional post and you guys crucified him.

I think it shows the greed, and selfishness of both the NFL and NFLPA. It would be poetic justice if no fans showed up at any games or watch any on TV after all this. They all act like their money is being stolen from them, when in reality we are paying all of their salaries. They both should be negotiating with us fans. I for one would lock all of their butts out.

I think this is going to last a lot longer than they are leading us to believe.

Put me down as October 10 for the "CBA deal gets done" football pool. :thumbsup:

So if you were in charge , there would still be a lockout?

So if you were in charge , there would still be a lockout?

There still is a lockout. :blink:

It's like breaking a candy bar apart and giving a piece to each of your kids. One or both of them are going to complain they got less. In the mean time while the kids are fighting the parents are yelling "be happy you got anything at all!" We are the parents and the NFL and NFLPA are the kids.

I'd just like to take the candy bar away from the kids and see how they like that. Spoiled brats!

There still is a lockout. :blink:

It's like breaking a candy bar apart and giving a piece to each of your kids. One or both of them are going to complain they got less. In the mean time while the kids are fighting the parents are yelling "be happy you got anything at all!" We are the parents and the NFL and NFLPA are the kids.

I'd just like to take the candy bar away from the kids and see how they like that. Spoiled brats!

I think that watching football has spoiled you. They didn't take any games away yet, and you wish you had the power to shut it down all by yourself because................?

I think that watching football has spoiled you. They didn't take any games away yet, and you wish you had the power to shut it down all by yourself because................?

Huh?

We the fans are the parents. Our $$ is the candy. The NFL and the NFLPA are the kids. We give them our $$ and all they can do is fight over it.

Why would I want to shut it down? Only to show them who is really in charge (the fans).

But I don't want to shut it down, I want them to realize whose money they toying with. They need to get this thing fixed, but instead they are acting like spoiled brats!

Huh?

We the fans are the parents. Our $ is the candy. The NFL and the NFLPA are the kids. We give them our $ and all they can do is fight over it.

Why would I want to shut it down? Only to show them who is really in charge (the fans).

But I don't want to shut it down, I want them to realize whose money they toying with. They need to get this thing fixed, but instead they are acting like spoiled brats!

You at least put together two sentences in a coherent logical way, as opposed to the OP who really needs to learn web etiquette, and possibly have his meds reassessed.

Using your analogy, the NFL and players are those teenagers of a parent who doesn't give a crap as long as their baby shows production in the classroom. The parent wants them to be productive citizens, but doesn't care about how dysfunctional they are or how dysfunctional the sibling rivalry is. This parent is very indicative of American society as these kids come into the schools which I have taught without manners or life skills, and the parents expect us to do part of their job as well.

[tangent] For those who knock public schools, most of the issues that are present in the schools are problems that carry over from home (lack of disciprine, not knowing how to behave, and lack of accountability and responsibility). The Buffalo schools biggest problem is that the kids don't show up. You have to hold the parents accountable in this case as much as the genius that is the superintendent. [/tangent]

You at least put together two sentences in a coherent logical way, as opposed to the OP who really needs to learn web etiquette, and possibly have his meds reassessed.

Using your analogy, the NFL and players are those teenagers of a parent who doesn't give a crap as long as their baby shows production in the classroom. The parent wants them to be productive citizens, but doesn't care about how dysfunctional they are or how dysfunctional the sibling rivalry is. This parent is very indicative of American society as these kids come into the schools which I have taught without manners or life skills, and the parents expect us to do part of their job as well.

[tangent] For those who knock public schools, most of the issues that are present in the schools are problems that carry over from home (lack of disciprine, not knowing how to behave, and lack of accountability and responsibility). The Buffalo schools biggest problem is that the kids don't show up. You have to hold the parents accountable in this case as much as the genius that is the superintendent. [/tangent]

Great tangent, been saying the same thing as well. Parents blame teachers whenever they can, but teachers are having to be parents just to get the kids to sit down at their desks (from K-12). If parents cared about doing their own jobs as much as they care about the teachers' performances, we'd have a much better educational system.

It all starts, and ends, at home.

I also love football so much I can't stand the thought of having the game I love played this year. I can't imagine what I will do on Sundays without football so please just cancel the damn season already. I want football back as much as anyone, so please just cancel the damn season already. Roger Goodell and De Smith if you're reading this, leave Britney alone...I mean cancel the DAMN season already and stop embarrassing all of us somehow.

And to all you HOTSHOTS out there, don't even think about criticizing this post cause I've written dumber stuff than this before lots of times you JACKASSES!