NHL SABRES VS NFL BILLS TOMORROW!!!

Who coordinates these events anyways? Locally professional sports is at a snails pace this time of the year. So we finally get a little taste of the Bills and Sabres this week and they schedule it on the same day and same time? I want to go to the uniform unveiling tomorrow for the Buffalo Bills and have 6 "free tickets" that I ordered on Ticketmaster. My kids will enjoy the football related games and bounce houses for their enjoyment, and it will be capped off with the fans being allowed to sit on a blanket on the field and watch the movie "Blind side". This seems pretty cool, I guess parking is free, and the Jills, Jim Kelly, and local celebrities will be in attendance! Sounds Great!!!!

The problem is that I also love the Buffalo Sabres and they are having a fan draft party at the exact same time (6:30 pm) at HSBC Arena!

Kids will be allowed to play hockey on the floor, they are going to have family friendly prices supposedly on food & drinks, and a host of other events, including being able to watch the first round of the draft on the Jumbotron (or whatever it's called now days..).

So instead of getting to enjoy both of these events I have to pick between the two! It will be the Bills I guess since we are closer, unless it is raining of course, then it will be the Sabres! So I can't even sitting here on the eve before these events and say that I know what I am doing tomorrow. I think this is just poor coordination on both organizations as these events have been posted online on various media outlets and in the news as well. I don't get it? I love our teams, but I just don't get the conflicting events in which I would like to attend both!!!

Edited by tonyjustbcuz

Gotta blame the Bills for this snafu. It's not like the date/time of the NHL Draft hasn't been known for a while.

Blame the Bills. BTW -- Brandon is copying Pegula on the uniform change, making similar comments about listening to the fans. If I were in town I would go to the Sabres event. No doubt it will be better coordinated. I thought it was strange that the Bills will be showing the movie "The Blind Side" at the event. Another quality player missed and we drafted who that year? This organization has been blind for a decade so maybe it is appropriate.

Blame the Bills. BTW -- Brandon is copying Pegula on the uniform change, making similar comments about listening to the fans. If I were in town I would go to the Sabres event. No doubt it will be better coordinated. I thought it was strange that the Bills will be showing the movie "The Blind Side" at the event. Another quality player missed and we drafted who that year? This organization has been blind for a decade so maybe it is appropriate.

Yeah, I thought the very same thing, Bob.

Apparently that movie about Haloti Ngata overcoming the deaths of both of his parents hasn't been released yet.

Rather than show a feature-length film, they should have planned to show one of the numerous wonderful NFL Films productions… something about the Bills… the comeback game for instance.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Rather than show a feature-length film, they should have planned to show one of the numerous wonderful NFL Films productions… something about the Bills… the comeback game for instance.

That would only demonstrate how far back they had to go to show a time when the Bills were relevant.

They are in a difficult position. Nothing recent that's any good to show of the Bills, but they almost have to show something more than some dudes modelling a uniform.

For me the place to be is HSBC arena.

Last year they gave tours of the locker room. Hope they do the same this year.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Yeah, I thought the very same thing, Bob.

Apparently that movie about Haloti Ngata overcoming the deaths of both of his parents hasn't been released yet.

That 50th Anniversary documentary they did, which runs 2 hours, would have been a nice choice, no?

That would only demonstrate how far back they had to go to show a time when the Bills were relevant.

They are in a difficult position. Nothing recent that's any good to show of the Bills, but they almost have to show something more than some dudes modelling a uniform.

Can't argue with you there.

That 50th Anniversary documentary they did, which runs 2 hours, would have been a nice choice, no?

Good idea. Much more appropriate than "The Blind Side."

The Bills will get 20,000-25,000 while the Sabres will get 5,000. Last year the Sabres got 3,000.

Could very well be, particularly if it's not raining.

But for me having my kids meet some players and get autographs and play some floor hockey in the arena seems like more fun than watching a fashion show and a movie we have all seen before. That's just me though. Enjoy.

But for me having my kids meet some players and get autographs and play some floor hockey in the arena seems like more fun than watching a fashion show and a movie we have all seen before. That's just me though. Enjoy.

Yeah Bills event could be hurt by the rain. If its raining I expect more like 15,000 to show up.

Gotta blame the Bills for this snafu. It's not like the date/time of the NHL Draft hasn't been known for a while.

Good point! It figured that it rained on the Bills parade almost the entire day! I guess they got the karma they deserved for trying to grab the spotlight away from the Sabres! I'm glad we choose the Sabres function, afterall like you said, this snafu was the Bills fault!

It would be very impressive if 15,000 showed up for an event like that in the rain.

I wouldn't put it past Bills fans.

From what I heard...and it didn't look much better in the pictures I saw..your lucky if there was 1,500 at the Bills function!

I agree with your take, and I'm happy to say we went to the Sabres function...bought 5 Sabres shirts on clearance for $13.00 (no tax neither..)!!! My kids went in the bounce house and slide right on the floor of HSBC...Kids played hockey...Sabre Tooth...Autographs from Rob Roy who was very nice to talk to, Danny Gare took a photograph with me, and Foligno, and Jay McKEE Were cool! Larry Playfair had 0 for personality and conversation..didn't like'em but that's okay. Food was significantly cheaper than gamedays...and watching some of the draft on the jumbotron was cool as well! Glad that we choose to go with the better organization! Love the Bills, but maybe they should've avoided trying to steal the Sabres thunder, as the Bills were rewarded with showers all day long!

The Bills will get 20,000-25,000 while the Sabres will get 5,000. Last year the Sabres got 3,000.

The Bills didn't get anywhere at all even remotely close to 20-25k...not even 10k from what it looked like..if 5k I'd be surprised! We drove by there to check it out on the way to the Sabres function and it looked like an RV show crowd!

For me the place to be is HSBC arena.

Last year they gave tours of the locker room. Hope they do the same this year.

It didn't look like the locker rooms were giving tours at all when we passed them..but I think if I remember correctly they are doing construction of the lockerooms which makes sense...but everything else was first rate! It was a great event and I never feel that way about the Bills events in comparison. So I'm glad I choose the Sabres today!

I agree...maybe that is part of the departing statement to Modrak the Bills were making...as Tom Modrak seemed to be blind the past decade...I was mad at not picking so many players including Oher...also Ngata, C. Matthews, Bryan Orakapo...upset to no end!...choosing Maybin! selecting James Hardy (I was upset..) even C.J. Spiller as I still don't agree with that pick! Marcell Dareus was the first time me and the Bills saw eye to eye on almost every transaction they have made in the past decade!!!!

The Sabres done good and are fortunate for having Pegula as their owner..only time will tell to what degree...but it's optimistic!!! and around here that has been lacking from the equation for a long time!!!! Instead of here we go again...it's hey maybe we're on to something!!!! With the Bills it's like even if Dareus is good he'll be learning and eventually groomed into a pro bowl player for some other team that will snatch him up in 3 or 4 years in free agency. It seems like everytime we get a good player who is coming into their own...off they go to the highest bidder..therefore creating the circle of neverending doom that endlessly circles around and repeats itself, leaving the Bills unable to build and instead patching and plugging holes of their own creation! ie: Antwoine Winfield, Jabari Greer, Nate Clements, Leonhard, Pat Williams, and I'm sure there are many more as well...nothing like grooming guys as a farmteam for other teams!!!!

Anyways, the Sabres are first rate, and the Bills are unfortuantely bottom feeders right next to the Catfish & Bengals!!!!

...Autographs from Rob Roy who was very nice to talk to, Danny Gare took a photograph with me, and Foligno, and Jay McKEE Were cool! Larry Playfair had 0 for personality and conversation..didn't like'em but that's okay. Food was significantly cheaper than gamedays...

The dead, Scottish folk hero or the cocktail? Either way, I'd like to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation.

It didn't look like the locker rooms were giving tours at all when we passed them..but I think if I remember correctly they are doing construction of the lockerooms which makes sense...but everything else was first rate! It was a great event and I never feel that way about the Bills events in comparison. So I'm glad I choose the Sabres today!

Yeah a friend reminded me of the locker room remodel late yesterday.

Said he saw PR pictures of Ruff and others swinging sledge hammers.

I agree with your take on the Sabres event, a lot of fun. Rayzor is always a fun guy to talk to, very personable particularly with kids.