I like Gailey, but what was he thinking

youtube.com/watch?v=jBHk9rc4hHc

Hope that answers your question!

Seriously though it should answer your question in 2 ways.

1) Marshawn is good. Quit being a hater. I can't fathom why Fred Jackson supporters don't think Lynch was a good RB. For one he was better at getting into the end zone than Fred. Lynch supporters don't think Jackson sucks. Why the hate? (Usually displayed with some kind of amazement as to why everyone else couldn't see that Lynch was the devil incarnate and Fred Jackson a sure fire hall of famer)

2) The second answer I didn't want to believe myself. He was potentially being show cased for a trade. The fact that you see him in a new uniform is proof of that. You can't get good value out of a guy on the bench.

He was a good RB but he wasn't a good team player . I saw a game that he played in (which i can't remember who) but the Bills had been giving him the ball & he really hadn't been doing all that great , we got down near the goal line about 7 yards out & it was like O.K. ill just show you what i can do if i want to . Juked a guy right out of the stadium !!

It was like he was pouting but in his play & when he wanted to he would do the thing that we the fans learned to love the guy for like in his first year . After he got in trouble it was like well their picking on me so i'll show them i just won't play to my potential !! :cry:

When he hit Seattle he like turned back into the joking type happy go lucky guy he was his first year here . I wish him all the luck but Marshawn isn't a Bills type player !!

Edited by T master

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they were trying to showcase for a trade this running back who couldn't stay out of trouble and is one strike away from a season long suspension?

It was obvious to most the Bills were showcasing him for a trade. Not that hard to figure out, really.

Showcase? Really? Jay Glazer has reported that Buffalo did not actively market Lynch and that teams were pursuing Nix, not vice versa. It's reasonable that in Buffalo, the owner isn't the only one who has few contacts throughout the NFL.

Glazer Re: Lynch per PFT

I suppose the attacks may recommence on Glazer again. He's obviously anti-Bills. Plus, he knows Adam Schein.

Showcase? Really? Jay Glazer has reported that Buffalo did not actively market Lynch and that teams were pursuing Nix, not vice versa. It's reasonable that in Buffalo, the owner isn't the only one who has few contacts throughout the NFL.

Glazer Re: Lynch per PFT

I suppose the attacks may recommence on Glazer again. He's obviously anti-Bills. Plus, he knows Adam Schein.

So, you know, it's obviously pure coincidence that they decided to play Marshawn and then traded him a few games later. Especially after Marshawn sat out the beginning of camp. Damn, I should have read that Glazer report before I posted.

/sarcasm.

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

A lot of Bills fans love you as long as you never screw up on the field or off the field or ask for a competitive salary - Clements, Henry, McGahee, Peters, Lynch, Maybin or even good guys like Fletcher, Walker or now Evans, Bills fans are ready to dump players at a moments notice even when they have no NFL level replacement, even when it will obviously hurt the team- and the worse/funniest thing is that they are like psycho ex-girlfriends who get pissed if the player is doing well and enjoying themselves elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, in net, I like Gailey, but I have to get one thing off my chest.

Last years moves surrounding Marshawn Lynch were about as unexplainable as any moves I've ever seen.

I can not fathom why Lynch was playing so much at the beginning of the year. Any way you look at it, the logic is inexplicable.

Options:

1) He watched absolutely no film covering the previous 2 years, showing Fred Jackson as our MVP.

2) He literally gave up the season before it even began, in an effort to increase Lynch's trade value from nothing to next to nothing.

Either way, I'm still upset about it. Obviously, I need some help.

I totally agree, another move that by this new front office that just makes you shake your head. What was even more bothersome, was that for one game they started Lynch and gave him the majority of the carries just to put him on display like he was a car for sale or something, which was so obvious it was brought up over and over by the television announcers. If they thought he wasn't the best back on the team (and I think he probably was), then he shouldn't have been starting, and putting trading Lynch as the top priority over the team winning. All that and they still got less or him then they could have gotten at the draft if they traded him. He is as good of a back as this team has had since Thurman's prime, and without a doubt the most exciting runner since then.

Edited by billsfreak

I certainly know what you are saying, but it is pretty clear to me that Chan used the first few games of last year as an extended preseason. I would rather that we had that evaluation done earlier, but on the other hand I can see how evaluating in real game situations (including game prep and practice) would be more valuable.

He did the same thing with Edwards, kinda. Edwards is one of those guys who is a great practice QB, but horrible game QB. He probably hits great golf balls on the range, too, but duffs it off the tee.

Don't get me wrong, in net, I like Gailey, but I have to get one thing off my chest.

Last years moves surrounding Marshawn Lynch were about as unexplainable as any moves I've ever seen.

I can not fathom why Lynch was playing so much at the beginning of the year. Any way you look at it, the logic is inexplicable.

Options:

1) He watched absolutely no film covering the previous 2 years, showing Fred Jackson as our MVP.

2) He literally gave up the season before it even began, in an effort to increase Lynch's trade value from nothing to next to nothing.

I think Gailey felt with a new coaching staff Marshawn would explode and show his true potential. But as the year went on Marshawn probably didn't want to be here so Nix/Gailey moved on. I think it's as simple as that. Also it was smart to at least give him a try and see how he performs but it was clear he didn't want any part of Buffalo. Last year was kind of a long preseason. They saw what Trent could do first hand which was nothing and let him go as well. For the first time in a long time I actually have faith in the front office.

Fred Jackson 4 years 2860 running yards averaging 4.4 yards per carry 56 games

Marshawn Lynch 4 years 3338 running yards averaging 3.9 ypc 57 games

Numbers look even. but...

Lynch in first game went 3 attempts for 13 yards, 2nd game 17 att for 64 yds, 3rd 13 for 79, 4th 4 for 8 yards That isnt great at all.

So Lynch in his first 3 games this year with the awesome QB play of Trent Edwards and two vital O-lineman coming back from injury unable to participate in any OTAs or training camp that had 1 week of practice before the season started (per Eric Woods himself in a video circulating about him) didn't put up great numbers? WOW, he must suck cut him immediately and ban him from the NFL.

Phew...sorry about the run on sentence. lol.

No argument on the TD production I see? Yards per carry and other BS is for pure stat geeks. TDs win games. In combination both guys were good for Buffalo and if fans didn't drive him out of town by creating a hostile environment we wouldn't have had to use the 2010 #9 overall pick on a specialty RB. We could have gotten an O-line guy to make both RBs look even better.

Keep hating though.

Bills fans need to read the "sour grapes" fable. It would do the city a world of good. It is amazing how we can want something so bad, support a player and then turn on him like a pack of wild dogs when they want to get paid or make a mistake off the field.

He was a good RB but he wasn't a good team player .

When he hit Seattle he like turned back into the joking type happy go lucky guy he was his first year here . I wish him all the luck but Marshawn isn't a Bills type player !!

Two interesting points. One a fallacy and the other needs perspective.

1) Marshawn WAS a good player. His teammates loved him and spoke out that he was a great guy to be around and they were glad to have him on the team. Neither of us were in the huddle or the locker room so I'll take his co-workers word for it and other people should get off the hater-aide and accept that.

2) You are right Marshawn wasn't a Bills player but the statement requires perspective. Buffalo is a tough tough tough town to play in. The hard working salt of the earth dying steel town fan base doesn't warm up well to gold teethed city kids. It was all over after a screw up off the field and the "thug" title was applied to him which is just a veiled racist statement to many. The mistakes were his own without question. How we chose to react was "our own".

A young 23 year old in Buffalo has to be able to endure a tremendous and I mean tremendous amount of scrutiny and a negative hostile environment if they make a mistake off the field or are not accomplished well educated public speakers and say the wrong thing. He was not up to dealing with that kind of a hostile environment.

A lot of Bills fans love you as long as you never screw up on the field or off the field or ask for a competitive salary - Clements, Henry, McGahee, Peters, Lynch, Maybin or even good guys like Fletcher, Walker or now Evans, Bills fans are ready to dump players at a moments notice even when they have no NFL level replacement, even when it will obviously hurt the team- and the worse/funniest thing is that they are like psycho ex-girlfriends who get pissed if the player is doing well and enjoying themselves elsewhere.

Right on man. +1. Exactly!

He is as good of a back as this team has had since Thurman's prime, and without a doubt the most exciting runner since then.

Shut your mouth! I know some Bills fans show wildly optimistic support of the "replacement" (replacement=the guy that takes over after we run somebody out of town), but Freddy is not in the same stadium as Thurman. Technically you could make a case for him being the best since Thurman but there is such a huge cap between the 2 that it is laughable.

Options:

Fred was injured, CJ was a rookie and not planned to be an every down back...Plus the ongoing thought the he was going to be traded, a lot harder to trade a 3rd stringer than a starter. It's not like the Bills were going to be competing for the playoffs last year, why not maximize value? Plus, its not like he was the worst back of all time...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Two interesting points. One a fallacy and the other needs perspective.

1) Marshawn WAS a good player. His teammates loved him and spoke out that he was a great guy to be around and they were glad to have him on the team. Neither of us were in the huddle or the locker room so I'll take his co-workers word for it and other people should get off the hater-aide and accept that.

2) You are right Marshawn wasn't a Bills player but the statement requires perspective. Buffalo is a tough tough tough town to play in. The hard working salt of the earth dying steel town fan base doesn't warm up well to gold teethed city kids. It was all over after a screw up off the field and the "thug" title was applied to him which is just a veiled racist statement to many. The mistakes were his own without question. How we chose to react was "our own".

A young 23 year old in Buffalo has to be able to endure a tremendous and I mean tremendous amount of scrutiny and a negative hostile environment if they make a mistake off the field or are not accomplished well educated public speakers and say the wrong thing. He was not up to dealing with that kind of a hostile environment.

Right on man. +1. Exactly!

Shut your mouth! I know some Bills fans show wildly optimistic support of the "replacement" (replacement=the guy that takes over after we run somebody out of town), but Freddy is not in the same stadium as Thurman. Technically you could make a case for him being the best since Thurman but there is such a huge cap between the 2 that it is laughable.

How about you shut your freaking mouth! For one, I wasn't talking about Freddy I was talking about Lynch. And I didn't say he was in Thurman's class, if you read my post before you get turd mouth, I said he was the best since Thurman, in English that doesn't include Thurman. Here is my post:

He is as good of a back as this team has had since Thurman's prime, and without a doubt the most exciting runner since then.

Read a post before you criticize someone. Wow?

Lynch is/was a productive running back. Is he the best? Nope. But is he usable? Certainly. I don't understand all the hate... he's about on par with Freddie, and more productive than CJ at the moment, so why not use him if a) we needed a healthy back and b) we wanted to attract a trade offer or two.

So much anger over such non issues.

How about you shut your freaking mouth! For one, I wasn't talking about Freddy I was talking about Lynch. And I didn't say he was in Thurman's class, if you read my post before you get turd mouth, I said he was the best since Thurman, in English that doesn't include Thurman. Here is my post:

Read a post before you criticize someone. Wow?

I did misread what you said. I thought you were speaking about Jackson.

Apparently the humor of my post was lost also in translation. Since you have taken it to an all new childish level, I would respond with...if you read my post before "doody head" you would have seen that I said you could make a case he was the best since but not in the same stadium. That does not say that I am implying equality as you assert. The statement also applies to Lynch as well. You could make a case for either of them being the best/most exciting since Thurman. I would also say read a post before you criticize "poopy pants".

"Turd mouth"? Really?...LOL. Should we finish up with a nice round of " I know you are but what am I" or go with the tried and true "I'm rubber, you're glue....".

Edited by PDaDdy

I did misread what you said. I thought you were speaking about Jackson.

Apparently the humor of my post was lost also in translation. Since you have taken it to an all new childish level, I would respond with...if you read my post before "doody head" you would have seen that I said you could make a case he was the best since but not in the same stadium. That does not say that I am implying equality as you assert. The statement also applies to Lynch as well. You could make a case for either of them being the best/most exciting since Thurman. I would also say read a post before you criticize "poopy pants".

"Turd mouth"? Really?...LOL. Should we finish up with a nice round of " I know you are but what am I" or go with the tried and true "I'm rubber, you're glue....".

So you told me to shut my mouth, read my post wrong, then almost repeat what I said, and I have taken it to a childish level? I don't usually use the word "turd", but what I wanted to type would have been taken out by the bad language police on here. I basically said Lynch was the best since Thurman, then you slammed me and then said he might have been the best since Thurman? What sense does that make? None.

Edited by billsfreak

Obviously, after months of film study of the previous season and watching closely in the off-season, camp and the preseason, Chan concluded that Trent Edwards and Marshawn Lynch were going to lead his offense to repectablity.

No, he waited 'till live bullets were flying and found out for himself what these guys might be able to do in his offense. Trent had us fooled in the beginning too when we blew out Seattle(I think) a few yrs ago, then a concussion later he is Trent Checkdown. Chan just took over a bad team and had to weed out the crap on his own.

No, he waited 'till live bullets were flying and found out for himself what these guys might be able to do in his offense. Trent had us fooled in the beginning too when we blew out Seattle(I think) a few yrs ago, then a concussion later he is Trent Checkdown. Chan just took over a bad team and had to weed out the crap on his own.

I agree with Mr. Weo in that Chan had numerous game tapes to see what Edwards could do, he still named him the bonafide starter and future of this franchise early on, then the games came and he was no different than previous years, then 3 weeks into the season he was cut? He named Spiller the starter in week one, he was still lost in week 17?

Edited by billsfreak

And alot of them don't act this way. What's the point?

So Lynch in his first 3 games this year with the awesome QB play of Trent Edwards and two vital O-lineman coming back from injury unable to participate in any OTAs or training camp that had 1 week of practice before the season started (per Eric Woods himself in a video circulating about him) didn't put up great numbers? WOW, he must suck cut him immediately and ban him from the NFL.

Phew...sorry about the run on sentence. lol.

No argument on the TD production I see? Yards per carry and other BS is for pure stat geeks. TDs win games. In combination both guys were good for Buffalo and if fans didn't drive him out of town by creating a hostile environment we wouldn't have had to use the 2010 #9 overall pick on a specialty RB. We could have gotten an O-line guy to make both RBs look even better.

Keep hating though.

Bills fans need to read the "sour grapes" fable. It would do the city a world of good. It is amazing how we can want something so bad, support a player and then turn on him like a pack of wild dogs when they want to get paid or make a mistake off the field.

"WOW, he must suck cut him immediately and ban him from the NFL." No, just trade him like we did. Geez!

I am not expecting much out of Marshawn Lynch's career moving forward no matter where he is playing. I just don't see him as anything more than a solid #2 back on a team, like loser mcgahee. It's not hating him, or bashing him, it's just simple math, his numbers are very pedestrian, and only getting worse.

To address the OP's thoughts, Marshawn played strictly due to injury, and the absent minded rookie not knowing his ass from a hole in the ground from a playbook perspective simply wasn't ready.

What was Chan thinking? Play the most game ready guy till Freddie returns, simple as that.