Stevie Johnson is #94

Pretty asinine if you ask me. One career year by a guy who still drops too many balls and was inconsistent at best over the last 1/4 of the season -- and I LIKE Stevie. People don't want to hear this, but Lee Evans is still 10x the receiver Johnson is.

I totally agree. I like Johnson, while at the same time hope he gets rid of alot of his "Hot Dog" mentality for good, or at least until he can back it up and not drop so many balls. I certainly hope not, but for all we know, 2010 might have been Johnson's and Fitz's best years of their careers. I also agree with your point that at this stage, Lee Evans is a much better and RELIABLE receiver than Stevie is.

He'd be 50th had he made one catch in one game. We all know which one.

That might be true, but you could also say that if he hadn't lifted his jersey with some stupid phrase written on his t-shirt the week before, and followed it up with a fine and several interviews, half of the people that know who he is now, wouldn't recognize his name if they heard it.

Pretty asinine if you ask me. One career year by a guy who still drops too many balls and was inconsistent at best over the last 1/4 of the season -- and I LIKE Stevie. People don't want to hear this, but Lee Evans is still 10x the receiver Johnson is.

Hyperbole notwithstanding, I'm not so sure.

Johnson, unless he improves his concentration and drastically reduces dropped passes, will be a possession receiver with bad hands. Do I think he can improve? Yes, and I appreciate the fact that he gets open. I am of the opinion that Fitz and SJ practiced a lot on second teams, and this is a good thing.

Evans? He is something of a one trick pony. And, he needs to get open more often. I think he would too if Fitz had more time to throw (obviously).

Both are merely "good" imo, with SJ having more upside.

Btw, Plax or no Plax?

Hyperbole notwithstanding, I'm not so sure.

Johnson, unless he improves his concentration and drastically reduces dropped passes, will be a possession receiver with bad hands. Do I think he can improve? Yes, and I appreciate the fact that he gets open. I am of the opinion that Fitz and SJ practiced a lot on second teams, and this is a good thing.

Evans? He is something of a one trick pony. And, he needs to get open more often. I think he would too if Fitz had more time to throw (obviously).

Both are merely "good" imo, with SJ having more upside.

Btw, Plax or no Plax?

Tough call. I don't have a strong opinion either way right now. I don't think he puts the Bills over the top (still too many holes elsewhere), but I also don't discount he may have learned his lesson and could be a productive addition.

Tough call. I don't have a strong opinion either way right now. I don't think he puts the Bills over the top (still too many holes elsewhere), but I also don't discount he may have learned his lesson and could be a productive addition.

I am the same way. A guy like him, assuming he is 90-95% of is capability, can win you a football game. If he is no good, he can be swiftly cut. Still, his history obviously raises a flag. I would be ok either way, but I am hoping for Trueblood and especially Kevin Boss as ufas. Boss can really block and could mask our holes at OT quite a bit imo.

I am the same way. A guy like him, assuming he is 90-95% of is capability, can win you a football game. If he is no good, he can be swiftly cut. Still, his history obviously raises a flag. I would be ok either way, but I am hoping for Trueblood and especially Kevin Boss as ufas. Boss can really block and could mask our holes at OT quite a bit imo.

Plax's talent is undeniable. I think I agree with you, though -- if those FA dollars can be spent on a guy like Boss, I'd lean in that direction as I think it helps THIS team more.

HAHAHAHAHHAHA. That's pretty funny.

You can't really hold the last couple of years against Lee since he didn't have anyone to throw him the ball. Checkdown Edwards never liked Lee Evans & at the end of last year Lee played injured. If there is a season this year, I predict Lee will have a monster year. Just my HO.

Lee has had 1 good year. He has one move fast, and even then he cannot get separation. With that said, Johnson has had only 1 good season also, so this season will go a long to in determining if he is as good if not better than Evans. I'll say this about Johnson, he found a away to get open. Now some might say that Evan was the reason he was open, but I say Evans couldn't get open when TO was here. So to me Johnson was able to do something Evans could not. But Johnson will be a one-hit-wonder if he can not repeat last year’s success.

Evans was WIDE open when Trent was here. Maybe you didn't have the sound on on the games but even the announcer would comment on Trent not seeing/not throwing to him. Jim Kelly even made the quote when the guy is open you have to throw him the ball. Don't put Trent's ball less weak armed performances on Lee.

Lee was able to get separation. The problem is Trent couldn't throw the ball far enough by the time he did due to a weak arm or already having checked down to a RB.

Edited by PDaDdy

You can't really hold the last couple of years against Lee since he didn't have anyone to throw him the ball. Checkdown Edwards never liked Lee Evans & at the end of last year Lee played injured. If there is a season this year, I predict Lee will have a monster year. Just my HO.

And funny...even when he did have someone throwing him the ball, he chose to throw to Stevie more. Wonder why.

Don't know why people keep talking about him dropping balls. If you get thrown to that many times, you're gonna drop some balls. He also had a lot of receptions. Get over it. Stevie's our best WR right now.

Edited by DreReed83

I was going to say this, he talks up Williams all the time on twitter and in his articles. You would have to think he would have him top 100, so maybe he ends up in the top 30 on his list.

Edit: He was on his All-Pro team at the end of the season:

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/1/18/1942270/kyle-williams-makes-peter-kings-2010-nfl-all-pro-team

I'm guessing he is top 30.

Agreed, KW is top 30.

And funny...even when he did have someone throwing him the ball, he chose to throw to Stevie more. Wonder why.

Don't know why people keep talking about him dropping balls. If you get thrown to that many times, you're gonna drop some balls. He also had a lot of receptions. Get over it. Stevie's our best WR right now.

Really? No idea at all? Did you watch the Pittsburgh game? Dropping balls is a sign of lack of concentration -- trying to run before you make the catch, anticipate a hit, plan your TD celebration, whatever. How many balls does Evans drop -- as a percentage of targets?

Really? No idea at all? Did you watch the Pittsburgh game? Dropping balls is a sign of lack of concentration -- trying to run before you make the catch, anticipate a hit, plan your TD celebration, whatever. How many balls does Evans drop -- as a percentage of targets?

From Profootballfocus.com:

1 – Stevie Johnson – Johnson was one of 2010’s break-out players, racking up 1,073 yards receiving and 10 touchdowns as the sixth-most targeted wide receiver in the NFL (139). A former stand-out at Kentucky, Johnson finished among the best wide receivers in the NFL with 12 missed tackles (second among wide receivers) and 414 yards after the catch (sixth) but also led the league with 13 dropped passes.

But dude, come on, that drop against the Steelers wasn't because of his lack of concentration, it was God's fault-just ask him.

From Profootballfocus.com:

1 – Stevie Johnson – Johnson was one of 2010’s break-out players, racking up 1,073 yards receiving and 10 touchdowns as the sixth-most targeted wide receiver in the NFL (139). A former stand-out at Kentucky, Johnson finished among the best wide receivers in the NFL with 12 missed tackles (second among wide receivers) and 414 yards after the catch (sixth) but also led the league with 13 dropped passes.

But dude, come on, that drop against the Steelers wasn't because of his lack of concentration, it was God's fault-just ask him.

Wow -- even I didn't realize he was dropping nearly one of every ten targets.

By the way, billsfreak, it's nice to be having a conversation with you that doesn't involve Ralph's cheapness. ;)

REALLY? NO IDEA AT ALL? I guess fans should be crucifying Reggie Wayne and Wes Welker for all those balls they've dropped. 9th in the league in receptions.... 4th in the league in TD receptions...6th in the league in targets. You have about 142 balls thrown to you, and you drop 8. Lets cut his sorry azz :wallbash:

In fact, the Patriots should drop Wes for dropping 13 balls. he sucks. :rolleyes:

Edited by DreReed83

REALLY? NO IDEA AT ALL? I guess fans should be crucifying Reggie Wayne and Wes Welker for all those balls they've dropped. 9th in the league in receptions.... 4th in the league in TD receptions...6th in the league in targets. You have about 142 balls thrown to you, and you drop 8. Lets cut his sorry azz :wallbash:

In fact, the Patriots should drop Wes for dropping 13 balls. he sucks. :rolleyes:

Don't know from where you're getting your stats, but according to profootballfocus.com Johnson dropped 13 balls out of 139 targets. Also, please quote the post where I suggested Stevie should be cut.

I believe Lee Evans is a more skilled receiver than Stevie Johnson. Sorry you disagree, but you clearly have a lot to learn about how to present an argument.

Wow -- even I didn't realize he was dropping nearly one of every ten targets.

By the way, billsfreak, it's nice to be having a conversation with you that doesn't involve Ralph's cheapness. ;)

Wow, you didn't jump on me for being negative? I think he can be a really good receiver, not too sure about great, but the one area he really needs to concentrate on are chipping away at those stone hands.

Kyle Williams #27.

• Surprised at me having Kyle Williams 27 while the players, apparently, don't have him in the top 100? Watch some video of him. He consistently occupies two blockers. Always moving forward. A machine. I remember talking to Chan Gailey about him last year. This is a man who coached Emmitt Smith, Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin -- and I do believe I have never heard him rave about any player the way he raved to me about Williams

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/06/19/mmqb/index.html#ixzz1Pow6DOiO

Edited by TheTruthHurts