How Much $ Would You Pay to see Bills win?

BenchBledsoe

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would pay every dollar I had right now to see the Bills win one Super Bowl! I can't imagine what would happen, I'd probably be so happy I'd piss all over myself. I may also go and jump off a cliff cause I would know life couldn't get any better.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: cowboys, redskins, and giants!!!

Along the lines of my recent post where I bet $100 on Cincy to win this week. . . so that my pain could be eased if they lose. . .

Here's an interesting hypothetical situation:

AT WHAT POINT (MONETARILY) WOULD YOU START ROOTING AGAINST THE BILLS?

I'll start:

1)This game: $400 (But, I'm more than willing to give up my $100 this week)

2)Playoffs: $1,500

3)AFC Championship: 2,000

and Superbowl. . . hmmm

I don't think I could start actually rooting AGAINST them in a Superbowl whole- heartedly until the amount reached $5,000

Try to answer this as honestly as you can (of course, your individual finances will no doubt influence your answers)

165162[/snapback]

So, what you're saying is your loyalty is for sale? Real commendable.

What if Bill Gates offered to give you 1,000,000 bucks if your sister got hit by a bus? Would you be rooting for the Greyhound to clip her everytime she crossed the street? Oh, but then you would be rooting that she didn't die, just had some broken bones, right? :devil:

I guess to some people money means everything.

this echoes my sentiments exactly...i'd feel dirty and rotten for taking money to root against the Bills...

165316[/snapback]

Same here.

10 Million bucks? Hell, I'd go talk to the Bills players and say, "Hey, if you each give me $200,000, I can guarantee a Superbowl victory!" I bet they'd all do that in a heartbeat. :devil:

Seriously though, no way in hell. I want a victory, and no amount of money would change that.

Now if we already had a victory... Then maybe... But $5,000? $10,0800? That's chump change, it'd have to be a LOT of money... And tax free :D

CW

Along the lines of my recent post where I bet $100 on Cincy to win this week. . . so that my pain could be eased if they lose. . .

Here's an interesting hypothetical situation:

AT WHAT POINT (MONETARILY) WOULD YOU START ROOTING AGAINST THE BILLS?

I'll start:

1)This game: $400 (But, I'm more than willing to give up my $100 this week)

2)Playoffs: $1,500

3)AFC Championship: 2,000

and Superbowl. . . hmmm

I don't think I could start actually rooting AGAINST them in a Superbowl whole- heartedly until the amount reached $5,000

Try to answer this as honestly as you can (of course, your individual finances will no doubt influence your answers)

165162[/snapback]

Are you:

A) 15 years old?

B) a migrant worker from a third world country?

3) a drunk living in a web enabled cardboard box?

4) just eyeing a certain mo-ped?

I am no millionaire, but if you aren't one of the above you are either the definition of a marginal fan or just flat out don't know the value of a dollar(which ain't much). Not to be rude, but seriously, $5000 is a nice piece of change if you are looking for a new wardrobe from Abercrombie and Fitch or looking to get a TV and some DVD's, but that kind of money don't even touch the overhead on living even in the most economical parts of WNY. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find a decent set of walls with a roof on it that you could rent for $5000 per year anymore.

Are you:

A) 15 years old?

I am no millionaire, but if you aren't one of the above you are either the definition of a marginal fan or just flat out don't know the value of a dollar(which ain't much).  Not to be rude, but seriously, $5000 is a nice piece of change if you are looking for a new wardrobe from Abercrombie and Fitch or looking to get a TV and some DVD's, but that kind of money don't even touch the overhead on living even in the most economical parts of WNY.  In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find a decent set of walls with a roof on it that you could rent for $5000 per year anymore.

165520[/snapback]

5) Compulsive gambler.

6) Pete Rose (see 5).

Alaska Darin, DCTom... did you guys not see this thread?

This is the most retarded thing I have ever read, adn you guys are not here yet...

come on - this thread is beggin for smartass replies.

165542[/snapback]

Let me guess? They are gonna say "That's why we didn't reply, it is the most retarded, so we didn't reply."

Just an example, they will find a way to turn it on you.

Or else, they are parlaying their bets with the closest bookie! :)

Are you:

A) 15 years old?

I am no millionaire, but if you aren't one of the above you are either the definition of a marginal fan or just flat out don't know the value of a dollar(which ain't much).  Not to be rude, but seriously, $5000 is a nice piece of change if you are looking for a new wardrobe from Abercrombie and Fitch or looking to get a TV and some DVD's, but that kind of money don't even touch the overhead on living even in the most economical parts of WNY.  In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find a decent set of walls with a roof on it that you could rent for $5000 per year anymore.

165520[/snapback]

Excuse me, but $5,000 is a decent amount of money. I never said I'd need to live on it for a year. Let's get real folks. This is only a football team that we root for. $5,000 is real money.

Alaska Darin, DCTom... did you guys not see this thread?

This is the most retarded thing I have ever read, adn you guys are not here yet...

come on - this thread is beggin for smartass replies.

165542[/snapback]

Way to egg them on, genius. I forgot how friggin cliquish this board is. Why don't you just tell them when and how to post?

Excuse me, but $5,000 is a decent amount of money. I never said I'd need to live on it for a year. Let's get real folks. This is only a football team that we root for. $5,000 is real money.

165931[/snapback]

Real money that couldn't buy much. Definitely a marginal fan.

Guest floridian fan

A great question.. but I can honestly say NEVER. What makes me such a hard core fan, I think, is my relentless, undying loyalty. I set these bright line rules, and I would never cross them. One of them is rooting against my team. A basic truism, I think....

For a small example on a smaller scale.. In my fantasy football league, I'm in the semi finals. I have chad and rudi johnson.. and they are both on the bench.. no chance in hell that I will ever play someone who is goign against the bills... its just a conflict of interest, and a true fan would not do it.. Of course, my kicker got 15 pts today, so I figure its God's way of reqrding me :)

c

Real money that couldn't buy much. Definitely a marginal fan.

165938[/snapback]

Yeah, right. . . marginal fan, sure. Whatever. I guess marginal fans actually take the time to post on a teams website. I'll bet I know more about the Bills than you ever will. I see where you've only made 60 posts since May. . . now that's a marginal fan.

Yeah, right. . . marginal fan, sure. Whatever. I guess marginal fans actually take the time to post on a teams website.

165949[/snapback]

It takes all kinds.

I must say that I would rather hang out with Foxboro Mike, Thurmans Helmet and Hollywood Donohoe than the likes of you!

Hey BenchBledsoe it is high time that you became a T-Bone !

So, what you're saying is your loyalty is for sale? Real commendable.

What if Bill Gates offered to give you 1,000,000 bucks if your sister got hit by a bus? Would you be rooting for the Greyhound to clip her everytime she crossed the street? Oh, but then you would be rooting that she didn't die, just had some broken bones, right? :w00t:

I guess to some people money means everything.

165409[/snapback]

If BG offered me that cash, I'd root for his sister getting hit by a bus! ;) j/k