How Much $ Would You Pay to see Bills win?

BenchBledsoe

Along the lines of my recent post where I bet $100 on Cincy to win this week. . . so that my pain could be eased if they lose. . .

Here's an interesting hypothetical situation:

AT WHAT POINT (MONETARILY) WOULD YOU START ROOTING AGAINST THE BILLS?

I'll start:

1)This game: $400 (But, I'm more than willing to give up my $100 this week)

2)Playoffs: $1,500

3)AFC Championship: 2,000

and Superbowl. . . hmmm

I don't think I could start actually rooting AGAINST them in a Superbowl whole- heartedly until the amount reached $5,000

Try to answer this as honestly as you can (of course, your individual finances will no doubt influence your answers)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never.

165164[/snapback]

That cannot be true. Say hypothetically, that Bill Gates was going to pay you a certain amount IF the Bills lost the Superbowl. There MUST be a point where you would root against them? A million dollars? Hell, I'd take the million, then hope they got back to the Superbowl the following year.

Everyone MUST have a breaking point. You're talking a million dollars (or whatever) vs. a team that you undoubtedly love. . . but are just a fan.

You're right, I am a fan.  I question your loyalty. 

I'm gonna go put $100 on the Bills now.

165169[/snapback]

I love the Bills. However, in the real world would I take a million dollars to see them lose a Superbowl? YES. Heck, I had to sit through 4 of those and didn't get a red cent for my misery. I'd take a million and hope they won it the next year.

Well, let's see -- dinner and hotel room in Cincinnati tomorrow night, game ticket, tailgate supplies, hotel room on the way back Sunday night, gasoline from WNY to central Ohio and back....

Oh, wait. That's not what you meant. Never mind.......

Well, let's see -- dinner and hotel room in Cincinnati tomorrow night, game ticket, tailgate supplies, hotel room on the way back Sunday night, gasoline from WNY to central Ohio and back....

Oh, wait. That's not what you meant. Never mind.......

165182[/snapback]

Not really what I meant, but your optimism is inspiring. . .

This is a very interesting question. When I was younger and poor, I probably would have said no way would I root against the Bills. Money didn't have the meaning it has to me now and my world revolved around sports.

Now that I am older and have money, I find the Bills and sports an interesting but unnecessary distraction. It would take about $10,000 to get my attention. You give me $10,000 and I'll root as hard as I can against the Bills. That money would make for an excellent weekend with some fine woman in a fine hotel dining in some of the world's best restaurants. I'll take that any day over a screaming herd yelling at 22 prima donna banging into each other.

Just my opinion.

I would never root against the Bills, not even for Bill Gates money. I'd feel so guilty that they would have to put me on suicide watch. I'd feel like I just sold my soul to the devil. No thanks! GO BILLS!!!!

165265[/snapback]

this echoes my sentiments exactly...i'd feel dirty and rotten for taking money to root against the Bills...