Season Ticket Holder Cup

Woody

Did not see any other thread on this, but has anyone else rec'd a season ticket holder cup? Just got them in the mail...this year's giveaway. Thought it was going to be another Tim Horton's mug. It is a hard plastic with a screw on lid and hard plastic straw. Looks good for by the pool. Has the charging buff logo with "Season Ticket Holder" under it. Nothing elaborate, but not bad for a freebee.

A couple of years ago they sent a nice red thermal mug with a handle on it that I use a lot. Last year they sent a cheap themal mug with a paper insert that had a Tim Hortons logo that I barely used.

This year they sent me a blue collapseable cooler with the Bills logo thats kind of neat.

I would like another mug like the first one I got as I've broken the handle on it but still use it everyday.

Got mine last week. I am perplexed however about it. My wife and I tried to figure it out last night. What is the hard ring around the straw for? It's not in the right spot to seal the hole on the lid. So, is it only on there so that you can't pull the straw out or what? I like the cup, btw, but I wish you could have gotten one for each seat you have.

But anyway, how does that straw work? Why's it set up like that?

:unsure:

Got mine last week. I am perplexed however about it. My wife and I tried to figure it out last night. What is the hard ring around the straw for? It's not in the right spot to seal the hole on the lid. So, is it only on there so that you can't pull the straw out or what? I like the cup, btw, but I wish you could have gotten one for each seat you have.

But anyway, how does that straw work? Why's it set up like that?

:unsure:

It may not seem like it, but the ring on the stray is moveable. I'm not sure if it goes under the lid or above it. I put it below the lid so the straw doesn't pull out.

Tough to complain about something free but....

•  
  • Not for use in microwave.
  • Not dishwasher safe.

It made me chuckle.

There's a certain poetic justice in this.... The cup doesn't like the heat. A real Buffalo cup likes to be outside, up north, or in a freezer! :thumbsup:

compared to what the phillies have given me each of the last two years (full season ticket holder) - the cup is lame. so was the tim horton cup last year. I am very unimpressed.

What do the Phillies give you? How much does a season ticket run you for those games? That stadium always looks great on TV. I would like to get down there one day. Maybe when I get to Citifield later this summer(going in August/big Mets fan) I will see if the Phillies are playing at home that weekend & make the drive down there.

Edited by Gordio

By the way, while the Tim Horton's cup was lame last year, the only reason we got it is because they were all left over from a promo giveaway. It's not like the Bills thought that would be a great consolation for getting season tickets. They gave them to us, because they weren't all used in the promo.

I'm not one to usually stick up for the Bills front office, but I'm not sour about the Tim Horton's cup. Although I think mine hit the garbage a long time ago.

It may not seem like it, but the ring on the stray is moveable. I'm not sure if it goes under the lid or above it. I put it below the lid so the straw doesn't pull out.

I did the opposite. When I unscrew and remove the lid the straw comes with it.

Last year the Phils gave us a copy of the world series game 5 ticket - in a laminate case (it looks good in the game room)...this year the gift is a bit over the top - copies of both line-up cards for the halladay no-no and perfect games - with photos from each game - all matted and ready to put in a frame...the thing is huge.

I am not expecting the same from the Bills but I would expect more than a pin and cup every year...how much does the plastic cup cost them? Last year - $0 (thank you Tim Horton's) and this year...maybe $5 a cup...probably a lot less given the number they buy.

All I am suggesting is - a plastic cup is a reflection of the quality of the organization...

They could also learn a thing or two from the Phils, Yanks and Eagles (and Mets actually) in what they sell at the store or online...they could step it up.

Did not see any other thread on this, but has anyone else rec'd a season ticket holder cup? Just got them in the mail...this year's giveaway. Thought it was going to be another Tim Horton's mug. It is a hard plastic with a screw on lid and hard plastic straw. Looks good for by the pool. Has the charging buff logo with "Season Ticket Holder" under it. Nothing elaborate, but not bad for a freebee.

Yes what a joke that plastic cup is. Remember when we would get bobble heads? Are you kidding me. I pay a lot of money for season tickets and I guess they added 4.94 on to my ticket prices to pay for that cup.

compared to what the phillies have given me each of the last two years (full season ticket holder) - the cup is lame. so was the tim horton cup last year. I am very unimpressed.

Phillies full seasons run between $1,300-$5,000. My Rockpile seasons cost me $315. So you're not impressed with the "free lap dance at the Sundowner" coupons that came in the cup? Maybe you didn't get those.

PTR

I did the opposite. When I unscrew and remove the lid the straw comes with it.

Yah that direction makes more sense.

I still have my Tim Horton's mug from last year and bring coffee to work with it almost everyday. Freebies were not a part of my decision to purchase seasons in the first place so I welcome what ever cheap plastic Ralph sends my way.