Buress to a NY team only?!?!

Buress' parole requirements means that he can reside ONLY in NY State. That would mean a very limited set of teams that he could consider unless he;s chartering helicopters ala Deon Sanders.

Besides the obvious three, Pittsburgh, New england, Cleveland, and maybe Philly too....

I just thought it was interesting to note.... He was stand up enough to admit what he did, took his punishment and hasn't complained in the media. Despite his mistakes I think he's not a character issue type player.

Besides the obvious three, Pittsburgh, New england, Cleveland, and maybe Philly too....

Obvious three? Everyone knows there's only one team in NY! :lol:

BTW, I didn't realize he was being held in Rome. If I had known before, I might have tried to be there to see the media circus when he was let out yesterday.

Buress' parole requirements means that he can reside ONLY in NY State. That would mean a very limited set of teams that he could consider unless he;s chartering helicopters ala Deon Sanders.

I just thought it was interesting to note.... He was stand up enough to admit what he did, took his punishment and hasn't complained in the media. Despite his mistakes I think he's not a character issue type player.

Gotta run so I'll just mention that Burress' history dating back to high school isn't that great. He didn't get into a lot of trouble with the law but he's been considered an attitude problem pretty much everywhere he's been.

As far as being standup on the discharging of the gun, he probably had no choice but to own up. I mean, he did shoot himself in the leg. What was there to deny?

Finally, reports of his time in jail are not glowing either. His sentence was reduced for "good behavior" by three months I think but it could have been reduced by much more from what I've read.

Maybe tonight I'll actually back up some of my statements but I gotta run.

i would guess just about any judge in the world would let him play wherever he wants. Reside is a pretty loose word with football players and millionaires.

As far as being standup on the discharging of the gun, he probably had no choice but to own up. I mean, he did shoot himself in the leg. What was there to deny?

He wasn't 'stand up' at all about the incident. The bouncers and his buddies got him out of the club and took him to a hospital known for helping out celebs in trouble where they bribed the resident to not log the incident as a gunshot (since that automatically triggers an NYPD investigation). Plax got a lot of other people in trouble trying to get out of that situation. It might have worked if he was somewhere other than Manhattan, where you are simply not getting out of a prison sentence if you are caught with a gun.

Right, except where you're wrong.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=6622672

Where will Burress go after his release?

According to parole authorities in New York and Florida, Burress will reside in Lighthouse Point, Fla., and must report to his assigned parole officer within 24 hours after he arrives in South Florida.

What are the terms of his parole?

The "conditions of release" that will govern Burress' life on parole begin with a requirement that he "proceed directly" from the prison where he has spent 21 months to his home in South Florida.

Edited by Captain Caveman

Obvious three? Everyone knows there's only one team in NY! :lol:

BTW, I didn't realize he was being held in Rome. If I had known before, I might have tried to be there to see the media circus when he was let out yesterday.

What's what i said when i read this post...OP needs to get his facts straight... :rolleyes:

There's only one NY team.

Gotta run so I'll just mention that Burress' history dating back to high school isn't that great. He didn't get into a lot of trouble with the law but he's been considered an attitude problem pretty much everywhere he's been.

Finally, reports of his time in jail are not glowing either. His sentence was reduced for "good behavior" by three months I think but it could have been reduced by much more from what I've read.

In 2004 Plax was suspended by the Steelers for missing a mandatory team activity.

So in 2008 Burress was upset about his contractual status and skipped a mandatory minicamp. For that he was fined $42,000. When he returned to practice he was said to be faking an ankle injury so he wouldn't have to participate.

He has also had numerous unexcused absences from practices. After one such incident he was suspended for two weeks by the Giants and fined $235,000. Shortly thereafter his wife Tiffany brought abuse charges against Plaxico… this was her second complaint against him.

He was also given use of a car from a dealership in return for making public appearances at the dealership. He took the car, never made any public appearances, and the car was finally repossessed… in damaged condition.

There is a civil lawsuit pending against Plax because he got in a car accident 3 days after letting his car insurance lapse. The woman he ran into with his Benz received injuries in the accident in addition to the damage to her car.

According to the AP, Burress has been sued at least 9 times for not paying money owed to others.

He also had a spotty history at Fork Union Military Academy which he attended for one year after high school in an attempt to bring some structure and discipline into his life.

I also remember reading that during his time with the Giants, that he had been late to practice or meetings over 20 times.

Basically, the guy is a piece of ****.

He lives in Fl not NY. So I think the reports are correct that he would continue to reside in FL if anything. The possibility of him having to stay in NY as part of his parole would most likely mean that he couldn't leave the state of NY for anything. So the chartering of helicopters or traveling across a bridge I to another state might be out of the question. Also, I do not want him on our team anyway but if he played for the Bills he would most likely have to excuse himself from the Toronto game as he would most likely not be allowed out of the country as well as Canadas law that felo s are not allowed into the country. Anyone who has had a DWI knows this story.

I agree, he is a cancer and you don't want him in the locker room. He was a problem down here in Virginia at Green Run High School, and has been one every since, which is also the reason that Pittsburgh let him go. Don't forget that before he spent two years in the slammer, he was suspended by his own team for conduct detrimental to the team. As a player he had one good run that lasted a few months with the Giants when they got hot and one really great game in the NFC Championship that year. This guy has zero leadership abilities which you want from a veteran, and would only cause problems once things didn't go his way, which on this team wouldn't take very long to occur.

In 2004 Plax was suspended by the Steelers for missing a mandatory team activity.

So in 2008 Burress was upset about his contractual status and skipped a mandatory minicamp. For that he was fined $42,000. When he returned to practice he was said to be faking an ankle injury so he wouldn't have to participate.

He has also had numerous unexcused absences from practices. After one such incident he was suspended for two weeks by the Giants and fined $235,000. Shortly thereafter his wife Tiffany brought abuse charges against Plaxico… this was her second complaint against him.

He was also given use of a car from a dealership in return for making public appearances at the dealership. He took the car, never made any public appearances, and the car was finally repossessed… in damaged condition.

There is a civil lawsuit pending against Plax because he got in a car accident 3 days after letting his car insurance lapse. The woman he ran into with his Benz received injuries in the accident in addition to the damage to her car.

According to the AP, Burress has been sued at least 9 times for not paying money owed to others.

He also had a spotty history at Fork Union Military Academy which he attended for one year after high school in an attempt to bring some structure and discipline into his life.

I also remember reading that during his time with the Giants, that he had been late to practice or meetings over 20 times.

But he did take the time a few years back - after ruining Belicheat's*/Brady's* almost-perfect season with that spectacular one-handed catch to win the Superbowl - to pull out a Sharpie and autograph a rather expensive leather recliner bearing a NE Patriots* logo during an interview at the Sirius studios.

(No matter what you think of the guy, ya gotta love that move!)

But he did take the time a few years back - after ruining Belicheat's*/Brady's* almost-perfect season with that spectacular one-handed catch to win the Superbowl - to pull out a Sharpie and autograph a rather expensive leather recliner bearing a NE Patriots* logo during an interview at the Sirius studios.

(No matter what you think of the guy, ya gotta love that move!)

Senator, wasn't that David Tyree you're thinking about? Burress caught the TD with no trouble on that series, since the defender was basically befuddled. I've still got the 4th quarter of that game on my DVR after all these years.....

SJB is right, Burress is a tool. He's been trouble everywhere.

Also, it's hard to mouth off to the press from state prison.

Senator, wasn't that David Tyree you're thinking about? Burress caught the TD with no trouble on that series, since the defender was basically befuddled. I've still got the 4th quarter of that game on my DVR after all these years.....

You'll have to forgive me, Matt - I'm in my 5th decade and, if I recall (I probably don't), I think I also had a few beers that day!

You are, of course, correct...

After that, all that was left was the gloating...

(Still love that Burress DID deface that expensive leather Cheatriettes* recliner!)

residing and working in a location are two different areas. I can have my residence be in timbucktwo, arkansas and live in beverly hills, ca.

besides, what this guy did to "break the law" is unconstitutional and totally against darwin. we should let more idiots carry guns if they're willing to shoot themselves.

residing and working in a location are two different areas. I can have my residence be in timbucktwo, arkansas and live in beverly hills, ca.

besides, what this guy did to "break the law" is unconstitutional and totally against darwin. we should let more idiots carry guns if they're willing to shoot themselves.

The "law he broke" wasn't shooting himself in the leg, it was carrying an unregistered firearm concealed in a public place. I'm all for idiots shooting themselves, in fact when I first heard about this Plax incident I think I laughed rather hysterically.

He lives in Fl not NY. So I think the reports are correct that he would continue to reside in FL if anything. The possibility of him having to stay in NY as part of his parole would most likely mean that he couldn't leave the state of NY for anything. So the chartering of helicopters or traveling across a bridge I to another state might be out of the question. Also, I do not want him on our team anyway but if he played for the Bills he would most likely have to excuse himself from the Toronto game as he would most likely not be allowed out of the country as well as Canadas law that felo s are not allowed into the country. Anyone who has had a DWI knows this story.

If he couldn't leave New York State at all, he can't play for any team. The Bills play nine out of sixteen games outside of New York. The rest of the league plays either zero or one game in New York.

From 2004-2009, i worked at JR Cigars in whippany, new jersey. Plaxico came in one day during a giants practice or camp, or whatever (i was told by some NYG fans i worked with). It was during that period where he said he had a bad ankle. The guy was smoking cigars, drinking expensive wine and clearly not limping. MOFO was tall as hell though. Sidenote, Brett Favre came in to buy a bottle of wine one day when he played for the jests. He really does wear wranglers.