George Lucas and Ralph Wilson

major

The careers of Ralph Wilson and George Lucas are very similar (in my opinion). In the 1970's and early 80's, George Lucas was at the height of his trade (the original Star Wars trilogy, Indiana Jones, etc...). Currently, he has Indiana Jones 4 and the prequels of Star Wars on his resume. Suffice to say, he was better in the beginning.

The same can be said of Ralph. He started out in the 1960's winning two AFL championships, had a gap, then came back with 4 trips to the Super Bowl in the 90's. Currently, he has the entire span from 2000 to 2011 where nothing has happened and huge chunks of the 70's and 80's where nothing happened (you can compare this to Lucas' HOWARD THE DUCK). Again, Ralph was better in the beginning.

I also find it funny that the fan bases of Star Wars and Buffalo are alike as well. We have a love/hate relationship with our creators. We love them because they started what we love, but we hate them due to the current product they produce. Kind of amusing.

So does this mean:

1. Eric Wood is a Wookie;

2. Fragile Trent Edwards was Princess Lea;

3. OJ Simpson was Darth Vader;

4. Doug Flutie was Yoda; and

5. Jim Kelly was Luke Skywalker?

in ralph's eyes Lou Saban was darth vader.... and I'd go with Metzelars as being the wookie

The careers of Ralph Wilson and George Lucas are very similar (in my opinion). In the 1970's and early 80's, George Lucas was at the height of his trade (the original Star Wars trilogy, Indiana Jones, etc...). Currently, he has Indiana Jones 4 and the prequels of Star Wars on his resume. Suffice to say, he was better in the beginning.

The same can be said of Ralph. He started out in the 1960's winning two AFL championships, had a gap, then came back with 4 trips to the Super Bowl in the 90's. Currently, he has the entire span from 2000 to 2011 where nothing has happened and huge chunks of the 70's and 80's where nothing happened (you can compare this to Lucas' HOWARD THE DUCK). Again, Ralph was better in the beginning.

I also find it funny that the fan bases of Star Wars and Buffalo are alike as well. We have a love/hate relationship with our creators. We love them because they started what we love, but we hate them due to the current product they produce. Kind of amusing.

And they both make loads of money on a legacy by tantalizing fans and perpetually re-releasing incremental-improvement (based on the physical medium delivered to the masses, and saying nothing of the writing/acting in the prequels) versions of their products.

In the case of SW: VHS, VHS with 1997 edits, VHS with 2004 edits. Only then after 10 years of DVD profligacy and he'd drained the VHS market fully did Lucas release DVDs. And then came out in original versions, 1997 edits versions, 2004 extended edits versions, Blu-rays will finally be released this fall, then 3-D Blu-ray will be released whenever those sales drop off.

I don't care what anyone says. Howard the Duck was a great movie!!!

I'd have to say only current players on the team for Star Wars characters so here goes:

Fitz is defenately a wookie with that beard.

Stevie Johnson is Vader (he'd enjoy playing the heel) or at a 2nd thought, maybe Dareus

Fred Jackson is Han Solo (you can always count on Fast Freddie)

CJ is Luke (Jedi in training but not quite there yet)

Donte is like CP3O (so damn annoying and won't shutup)

Buddy is like Yoda

Chan is Obewan

Ralph is the Emporor

I don't care what anyone says. Howard the Duck was a great movie!!!

I'd have to say only current players on the team for Star Wars characters so here goes:

Fitz is defenately a wookie with that beard.

Stevie Johnson is Vader (he'd enjoy playing the heel) or at a 2nd thought, maybe Dareus

CJ is Luke (Jedi in training but not quite there yet)

Buddy is like Yoda

Chan is Obewan

Ralph is the Emporor

Parrish is an Ewok.

Moorman is Wedge Antilles.

Chris Kelsay is Porkins.

Just one comment, Dante could also be Jar Jar Binks using your logic!

What I want to know is who is Admiral Ackbar? "IT'S A TRAP!"

Ralph is the Emporor

I particularly like those three.

I also nominate Michael Jasper as a similarly sized, but hopefully much more athletic version of, Jabba the Hutt. If Jasper and Dareus get on the field together, they'd be the Hutt and the Hulk!

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

So does this mean:

1. Eric Wood is a Wookie;

2. Fragile Trent Edwards was Princess Lea;

3. OJ Simpson was Darth Vader;

4. Doug Flutie was Yoda; and

5. Jim Kelly was Luke Skywalker?

Mike Williams was Jaba the Hut, Donahoe was Vader and Ralph is emperor Palpatine.

I particularly like those three.

I also nominate Michael Jasper as a similarly sized, but hopefully much more athletic version of, Jabba the Hutt. If Jasper and Dareus get on the field together, they'd be the Hutt and the Hulk!

Thought about Jasper as Hut but I always hated Hut. Switching to a different movie (X-Men)

he should be Michael "the Juggernaut" Jasper. Or Colossus but Juggernaut is more bad ass and goes better with Jasper.

Just one comment, Dante could also be Jar Jar Binks using your logic!

What I want to know is who is Admiral Ackbar? "IT'S A TRAP!"

Mike Mularkey.

No, wait, that was "IT'S A MICKEY-MOUSE END-AROUND REVERSE bull **** HALFBACK OPTION !@#$TARD PASS!" Close enough, I guess...

I have to disagree with you. Recent Lucas sequels and prequels have been good. Wilson got lucky a few times between decades of bumbling. Actually, their similarity is based on the fiction they produce: George on the big screen and Ralph in his interviews.

And they both make loads of money on a legacy by tantalizing fans and perpetually re-releasing incremental-improvement (based on the physical medium delivered to the masses, and saying nothing of the writing/acting in the prequels) versions of their products.

In the case of SW: VHS, VHS with 1997 edits, VHS with 2004 edits. Only then after 10 years of DVD profligacy and he'd drained the VHS market fully did Lucas release DVDs. And then came out in original versions, 1997 edits versions, 2004 extended edits versions, Blu-rays will finally be released this fall, then 3-D Blu-ray will be released whenever those sales drop off.

Amen brother.

The biggest difference between the two though, and I have never been a Star Wars fan at all, is Lucas puts a quality product out just about every time while Ralphy hardly if ever does.